HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN 30 in 30 New York Rangers

Old
09-20-2011, 01:00 AM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
TSN 30 in 30 New York Rangers

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=376093

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:57 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Hey, as long as we have T.J. Miller.

Seriously, who does the editing for these stories?

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:06 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I am just going to say this. The article is an absolute farce when it does not mention Boogaards passing away as a subtraction from the squad. Not that it analytically would manner much hockeywise - but when you mention Brodie Dupont as a subtraction from the team - this is an extremely distasteful piece of writing. Show some respect! Pass

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:40 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
I like how they mention how awful Sean Avery can be and how that may influence Richards.... Umm, hey idiots, they're friends. I'm thinking they'll be ok with each other in the locker room... Seriously, I just lost some respect for TSN who are usually good for mainstream hockey coverage.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Poozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I like how they mention how awful Sean Avery can be and how that may influence Richards.... Umm, hey idiots, they're friends. I'm thinking they'll be ok with each other in the locker room... Seriously, I just lost some respect for TSN who are usually good for mainstream hockey coverage.
Yeah I was coming here to say the exact same thing. Also no mention of Boogaard is disrespectful and unfortunate.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Levitate

yeah the Avery thing is weird and dumb...he hasn't been a problem with the Rangers and he's friends with Richards and oh no now he's going to destroy the rangers from the inside

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 08:16 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Yeah the Avery thing is ridiculous.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 08:44 AM
JanErixon20

They can dominate the East and even win the division? If they dominate the East they should win the division.

Whoever wrote that is lost.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:06 AM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
They can dominate the East and even win the division? If they dominate the East they should win the division.

Whoever wrote that is lost.
I'd quickly disagree with this comment. I mean you can dominate the East and play some solid hockey but have teams in your division with similar records (Philly, Pitt). Too say this guy is "lost" is a weird way of looking at it.

Also the hate for TSN seems to be pretty heavy here. I'm from Canada and can tell you that TSN is by FAR the best sports network for hockey news across North America. I have never been to New York but whenever I travel across the States I rarely ever see any type of hockey being talked about.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:09 AM
WheresBarnaby

Good call sauce cheese while I'm not the biggest fan of TSN at least they talk hockey. Personally I thought it was a good assessment. As for boogy, he'll be missed, but let's face it he really never was a factor due to how little he played, so I'm not suprised there was no mention.

As for Avery he and Richards are supposedly friends so I don't see him being a negative factor any more than usual.

If you guys wanna get angry read some of the horrible posts at the bottom of the article. No grit? Toronto will finish higher? Ok

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Levitate

Most of the time TSN is alright. Their problem is generally that they don't know the ins and outs of every team quite as well as a dedicated reporter might, so they will say some strange things that don't mesh right with the observations of people who watch the team.

And they tend to know the Canadian teams better

But in general that wasn't a bad review other than the Avery bit. That seemed kinda dumb and unnecessary

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Good call sauce cheese while I'm not the biggest fan of TSN at least they talk hockey. Personally I thought it was a good assessment. As for boogy, he'll be missed, but let's face it he really never was a factor due to how little he played, so I'm not suprised there was no mention.

As for Avery he and Richards are supposedly friends so I don't see him being a negative factor any more than usual.

If you guys wanna get angry read some of the horrible posts at the bottom of the article. No grit? Toronto will finish higher? Ok
I was not the biggest supporter of Derek Boogaard, his play or his contract.

But mentioning players like Andre Deveaux (22 NHL games - 1 point), Andreas Thureson (25 NHL games - 3 points) as additions and Brodie DuPont ( 1 NHL game played - 0 points) as a loss and not mentioning Derek Boogaard (277 NHL games played, 16 points) as a loss is a plain and very disrespectful travesty when looking at the facts. THN might be a good source of hockey at many times --- this is not one of their premiere moments.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:08 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Gotta make it about Avery because they don't know what else to talk about....lame. How about giving props to Brian Boyle and his career year or Brandon Prust, the resigning of Feds and how important the 3 are to the PK? ...lame.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote