HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official NFL Thread (Jets Enter Bye Week; Giants Come Out Of The Bye V Mia)

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 500
Official NFL Thread (Jets Enter Bye Week; Giants Come Out Of The Bye V Mia)

Other one is just about over the limit.

Very lucky win for the Giants. The Rams were terrible in the redzone and it cost them the game

Last edited by Primetime Powerplay: 09-19-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old
09-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
From what I saw in the 2nd half from after the Giants TD, only the Giants DL looked good. The rest was ehh. That tipped pass in the red zone saved the Giants big time, if the game was 21-13 at the beginning of the 3rd it could have had a different result.
The LBs were fine as can be, too. The D-line was amazing. The LBs were very good. The DBs not named Ross were at least solid. But Ross was picked on play after play. He's such garbage. Coe isn't much better, but he IS better. The rush defense (thanks to the LBs and the DL) was FANTASTIC for the second week in a row.

The main problem will continue to be DBs until Prince is ready to go. Webster and Phillips can't do it all themselves. Rolle had an OK game tonight when he was not used in coverage (which I still hate every time Fewell does it).

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
09-20-2011, 12:56 AM
NYRKING30

not good to start the seaon 2-17 on 3rd down conversions. that will have to improve greatly if this team is to go anywhere this season. crazy amounts of injuries to the giants and all over the nfl for that matter already going into week 3. a few big names are already out for the season. the packers are really gonna miss nick collins and i think you can pretty much throw the chiefs in the lottery pick mix. i also really really really like the lions. i liked them a lot last year as well but they lost 4 or 5 games because they couldn't close them out. being young and inexperienced will give you problems trying to finish. if stafford can finally stay healthy this year i like them for the division and an actual sb contender. gotta love the fall, doesnt get any better than the NHL/NFL.

Old
09-20-2011, 06:55 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

A win is a win.

The DL is gonna be even better when Osi returns.

I hope the Prince is paying close attention because I think he may very well have to start when he's healthy.

Giants covered the spread, too.

Old
09-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

I'm happy we got the win last night, but if STL doesn't hand us the game, it's wayyyyyyy closer. A couple thoughts...

Eli is one of the most frustrating players to watch. He was 2/11 at one point, then goes on a 16/18 tear to finish the game 18/29. I'm happy that he finally showed me something, but I wish it wasn't so aggravating going on the roller coaster ride with him.

Ross is absolutely awful. I knew there would be dropoff from Thomas, but I had no idea it would be this bad. What the hell happened to this guy? How do you get outplayed by a rookie 5th rounder? I know Coe had the TD against him, but his coverage looked much tighter than Ross overall. What a disappointment for a former 1st round pick.

Bradshaw/Jacobs looked decent. Nothing amazing, but they got the tough yards when needed. Also, speaking of the running game, DJ Ware should not be anywhere near the field for anything other than special teams. We have a 1-2 punch in Bradshaw and Jacobs. Ware brings nothing to the table that either of those players does not do better. I was getting annoyed seeing him on the field. He literally just stood in the pocket and did nothing on a play that Eli got sacked on. On the one 1st down he gained on that 3rd and ~3, an elephant could have run through the hole the O line created, and he still just barely got the 1st. Can't wait until Da'Rel Scott learns the offense so I don't have to see Ware ever again.

Major facepalm on Manningham. He should have coasted into the endzone, but instead bobbles the ball and gives himself a concussion. Only the Giants....

Nicks is a monster. The adjustment he made on the TD throw was sick, the DB was holding him the entire time too. If he can shake the injury bug, he's going to have a big year.

Our DBs played pretty well for what they are. Jones had a couple plays that gave me some hope for this season.

The O line in general looked much better than they did last week. Still some problems with pass coverage, but hopefully things get ironed out as the season progresses.

Oh, and Cruz looked pretty bad too.

Overall, I give the Giants a C. They did enough to take advantage of STL mistakes and win the game, but it was a very mediocre showing. Red zone D was great. Offense needs alot of work.

Old
09-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Our running game and pass defense have to improve next week.

I'm sure the running game will pick up. Not so certain about the pass defense.

If this team has any aspirations this year they need to find a better corner, or Ross has to step the **** up.

And what Ware brings is pass catching ability. He is miles ahead of our two guys in that regard. That is why he is here, 3rd down pass catching ability.

Old
09-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Ware has 11 total receptions in his 5 year career with the Giants.

I'm sorry, I just don't see his usefulness.

Old
09-20-2011, 09:08 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I think our running game has been a strong point of our offense this year. Bradshaw and BJ both look very good, in my opinion. Definitely a dangerous tandem that gets overlooked these days.

Old
09-20-2011, 09:10 AM
mullichicken25

im no giants fan, but damn, those injuries are out of control

i heard eli on the radio this morning talking about how he had to tell stokley what route to run on some plays because they'd only had time to introduce him to a few plays

and hixon's catch was insane

Old
09-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Boley actually hits two guys!

Old
09-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Boley actually hits two guys!
All aboard the Boleymobile! It even has missles that he launches at unsuspecting bystanders

Old
09-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
im no giants fan, but damn, those injuries are out of control

i heard eli on the radio this morning talking about how he had to tell stokley what route to run on some plays because they'd only had time to introduce him to a few plays

and hixon's catch was insane
Too bad Hixon got hurt making the catch. He put the team on his back doe, so its all good

Old
09-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

ive noticed jacobs doesn't punish the defense as much anymore. a couple of seasons ago he used to run people over and carry 3 guys on him, now not as much.

also i feel like eli and the receivers are never on the same page. either their wide open and eli throws a horrible pass or eli throws a beauty and they drop it.

the d line is going to be scary when osi comes back.

Old
09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
ive noticed jacobs doesn't punish the defense as much anymore. a couple of seasons ago he used to run people over and carry 3 guys on him, now not as much.
He hasn't for years. For that matter, I don't think he was ever a punishing as he's made out to be. I think he goes down to easily on arm tackles and runs too upright. That's why he's not effective in short yardage situations.

As an aside, I still can't believe that this offensive coordinator can't create a package where both Jacobs and Bradshaw are in the backfield.

09-20-2011, 10:58 AM
New Yawk Ranguhs
Optimist

Our redzone defense was very good...

Giants aren't "lucky" they won....smh

Old
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Our redzone defense was very good...

Giants aren't "lucky" they won....smh
Yes we were. Just like the Jets were lucky against the girls. Both teams won due to extreme errors on part of the other team. Both teams took advantage of the mistakes and won the game due to them.

Old
09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

The Jets beat the Cowboys because they made plays. I'm not saying the Giants did or didn't last night. Jim Leonhard pushed Witten out of bounds at the one instead of giving up on the play. Mike Devito forced a fumble on Romo. Joe McKnight blocked a punt. Derrelle Revis intercepted a pass at the end of the game. Nick Folk made a 50 yard field goal.

I'm not saying the Jets looked great against the Cowboys (or Jags for that matter) but I take issue with Jon once again trolling by bringing the Jets into a debate in order to inflame the Jets fans. It's happened for 3 seasons now and I'm just the latest Jets fan to take issue with it. If Jets fans talked about the Giants in the same vein we would be banned from this thread.

Anyway, the Giants deserved to win last night, they didn't play a perfect game but who does in the NFL these days?

Old
09-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Give it a rest. Even if he is trolling, what is complaining about it going to do? Jon stated his opinion and there was nothing inherently disrespectful about it. He's allowed to have an opinion on the Jets. If you don't like it, put him on ignore.

Big game in Philly coming up this week. This is going to be a big test to see if the Giants are capable of beating a good team. Vick or no Vick, this will be difficult.

Old
09-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Give it a rest. Even if he is trolling, what is complaining about it going to do? Jon stated his opinion and there was nothing inherently disrespectful about it. He's allowed to have an opinion on the Jets. If you don't like it, put him on ignore.

Big game in Philly coming up this week. This is going to be a big test to see if the Giants are capable of beating a good team. Vick or no Vick, this will be difficult.
He is allowed to have an opinion and it's one I used to respect. I don't take issue with Giants fans talking about the Jets because most do it in a respectful tone. You also don't see Jets fans talking about the Giants with the same tone..

I have to much respect for this board to act the same way as he does about the Giants....again....I did it in the summer about Osi, LT, and Pat Hanlon. It's not like I'm the first poster who has taken issue with his posts, read through the past threads so you have some perspective from where I'm coming from.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The Jets beat the Cowboys because they made plays. I'm not saying the Giants did or didn't last night. Jim Leonhard pushed Witten out of bounds at the one instead of giving up on the play. Mike Devito forced a fumble on Romo. Joe McKnight blocked a punt. Derrelle Revis intercepted a pass at the end of the game. Nick Folk made a 50 yard field goal.

I'm not saying the Jets looked great against the Cowboys (or Jags for that matter) but I take issue with Jon once again trolling by bringing the Jets into a debate in order to inflame the Jets fans. It's happened for 3 seasons now and I'm just the latest Jets fan to take issue with it. If Jets fans talked about the Giants in the same vein we would be banned from this thread.

Anyway, the Giants deserved to win last night, they didn't play a perfect game but who does in the NFL these days?
The Giants "made plays" in the same manner. They forced a stupid fumble/backwards pass due to pressure. Yada yada. The argument is the same. The Giants capitalized on mistakes of the other team in the same way the Jets do.

As I said -- you don't like my opinion, than don't read it. Put me on ignore if you have to. If I am that far inside your head that you just cannot stand seeing my name pop up and fly into automatic rage mode (which is what you do), then perhaps that is the best solution for the both of us. I will continue to express my opinions in the manner that I do.

The main person who takes umbrage is you. Followed by that guy kenjets or whatever his name is who can never find any wrong in anything Gang Green does. At least guys like ER (who is MUCH more optimistic than me) can find some faults now and then. The funny thing is that when I point something out, usually a good 75% of the other Jets fans on here either agree with me or at least see where I am coming from. You just fly off the handle into this rage mode that was funny for a few weeks but has slowly turned into something more. Something weirder and borderline obsessive.

This will be hopefully the last time I ever respond to you on a football thread here. I'm going to add you to ignore and I think it's best you do the same for me. Simply so you don't get so aggravated and upset by something I write. I don't think anyone on this board wants to read all this stupid, inane bickering.

Last edited by Bird Law: 09-20-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old
09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Game plan for this week:

1. Hit Steve Smith
2. Hit Steve Smith
3. Hit Steve Smith

Old
09-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Game plan for this week:

1. Hit Steve Smith
2. Hit Steve Smith
3. Hit Steve Smith
I hope he gets a MONSTER hit laid on him by Grant or Phillips.... maybe then he will shut his mouth. I really don't care that he went to the Eagles, but he needs to pay for his stupid comments about the Giants after he left.

I would also like to see Jackson leveled, just because he is an arrogant dbag.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:36 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Game plan for this week:

1. Hit Steve Smith
2. Hit Steve Smith
3. Hit Steve Smith
The plan should be to kill Mike Vick or whoever is the Eagles QB. Their line isn't that great and the Giants have one of the best DL's in the league. Even if they lose, I want to see Vick stay down after a few bone-crushing hits.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
jets were only outgained by 30 yards in week 1.

giants were outgained by 67 last night.

Neither was, uh, dominant performance.

Usually I look at games with at least a 100 yard difference to call it "mistakes losing the game"

Old
09-20-2011, 01:49 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Two Unforced errors destroyed StL last night. One directly gave NYG 7pts & the other almost guaranteed 3 but we got 7.

The fact that we had a lead in the 4th totally eased the load on the D because they could focus on passrushing every play & not worry about the running game or screens.

Also the tipped ball saved us 4 more points, not unforced error but fortunate considering the coverage.

I think we played just well enough to win but it'd been much harder if the game was close throughout.

Closed Thread