Notices

General OT Thread #6: Shep Harder Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2011, 05:57 PM
CT*
WOLF GANG

vCash: 500
I had a 6 pack of PBR tallboys and about 10-15 shots on Friday night, I do not know what happened for sure that night. Pretty good stuff.

Also this video is extremely funny, I would highly suggest you all watch it.

Old
09-19-2011, 09:08 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Worst. Hangover. Ever.
So, um. Day #2 of my hangover... WTF?

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
09-19-2011, 09:19 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Is it more awesome than my "multi-skill agent"?
Yes actually . Digital Forensics. Suit and Tie to work, Raid gear when going to have fun

Old
09-19-2011, 09:22 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
I actually haven't had a drink in almost a month now got down to 185 (207 in August) and have Key West coming up this Thursday with some friends from Chicago to lay his wife's ashes into the sea and probably have a cervesa or 12.

Old
09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
I feel ill. Still 1h40 of work left, sitting at inbound call channel as I just cannot be bothered to talk too much atm. The weather's been ****** for whole day, it's been storming and raining cats and dogs. My throat feels like it's going to be really sore tomorrow and I've got clouds in my head.

All in all, a typical monday.

Old
09-19-2011, 11:25 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Interested to hear how it goes. I sometimes think about that but realize that it's an excuse to spend money I don't have on stuff I don't need
It went okay. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between the inline girdle and the breezers after I got on the ice. The only thing I did notice is that because of the warm up pants being slick, I slid farther on my knees than I would have with regular socks.

The protection is fine for JMS Level 1, but I'd imaging it would be horribly lacking in upper level games or league games with a faster pace.

But for me, with my muscle disease, I think this is the way I'm going to go from now on. I only taped one spot, taping the bottom cuff of the warm ups to the shin guard.

I really did feel like my movement wasn't hampered at all and there were times that I felt like I could move just as freely as if I were just wearing the warm ups during an open skate.

Oh, and three of my teammates said to me a derivative of; "You are a damned fine passer."

I hit our Level 2 guy with a pass which I banked off the wall and hit him in stride. He went in and scored on the level 2 goalie and right afterwards, he skated over to me and asked; "Was that intentional?" I laughed and said; Actually, yes, it was. I wanted to see if I could time it right...

Old
09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Gah, my inline skating class is getting the better of me. Today we were working outside edges, and I just couldn't get either foot to cross over. Curse my huge-ass sasquatch feet. My one-foot balance on the inside edges got steadily better by the end, though, so maybe I'll have better luck on the outside edges next time.

Old
09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
I feel ill. Still 1h40 of work left, sitting at inbound call channel as I just cannot be bothered to talk too much atm. The weather's been ****** for whole day, it's been storming and raining cats and dogs. My throat feels like it's going to be really sore tomorrow and I've got clouds in my head.

And now I can feel I have rising fever. So, tomorrow, 8am I'll call to the local hospital. Like I haven't been ill enough anyway.

Old
09-19-2011, 03:26 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
At a certain point it stops being a hangover and ends up as you being sick.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
09-19-2011, 04:41 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
At a certain point it stops being a hangover and ends up as you being sick.
Well, 3 straight days of excessive drinking all day long has me thinking hangover. Feeling better now after I went back to sleep. We'll see after dinner.

Old
09-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 850
Quote:

Pro tip, they can monitor everything you do with your VOIP prgoram. If you slack too much on the no-calls line they'll slap you a warning. You prolly know this, but I woulda have been clueless unless I hadn't had a nice fella telling me all the god stuff cos he is close with the upper-level personnel.

Old
09-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Started a new job today, not what I wanted but it will pay the bills.

Old
09-19-2011, 08:44 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Well, 3 straight days of excessive drinking all day long has me thinking hangover. Feeling better now after I went back to sleep. We'll see after dinner.
dehydration

Old
09-20-2011, 08:25 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstroundbust View Post
dehydration
That's likely the cause. Not sure if I drank anything but beer the entire weekend.

Old
09-20-2011, 09:17 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
That's likely the cause. Not sure if I drank anything but beer the entire weekend.
Eh I've done that before...hit the electrolytes hard

Old
09-20-2011, 09:26 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

one bottle of pedialyte, one bottle of water. wait 15 minutes, another bottle of water. repeat pedialyte/water/water after one hour. Always served me well after a bout of moderate dehydration. Of course, if you have quick easy access a saline IV can't be beat.

Old
09-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
Pro tip, they can monitor everything you do with your VOIP prgoram. If you slack too much on the no-calls line they'll slap you a warning. You prolly know this, but I woulda have been clueless unless I hadn't had a nice fella telling me all the god stuff cos he is close with the upper-level personnel.
Yep, I know. I was calling some outbounds as well, but usually I'm quite busy on the inbound channel as well because we get a lot of help requests.

I don't have to worry about that right now though, as I have 3 days of sick leave, which is really appropriate since I most likely have infection on my throat as well as ear and I had 37,7 degrees fever this morning. So in a nutshell: I went to doctor, I called my boss, went back home and slept all day.

Old
09-20-2011, 10:34 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Gah, my inline skating class is getting the better of me. Today we were working outside edges, and I just couldn't get either foot to cross over. Curse my huge-ass sasquatch feet. My one-foot balance on the inside edges got steadily better by the end, though, so maybe I'll have better luck on the outside edges next time.
One of the figure skater instructors taught me a trick to get my legs used to doing cross overs, but I don't know how it would translate to inlines...

She had me stand with my skates straight on the soft mats outside the ice. To start, she also had me hang onto the edge of the boards. From the standing position, cross one foot over the other, hold it, and pay attention to where your edges are...

In the cross over position if you are crossing the right over the left, ideally, the right skate will be on it's inside edge, and the left skate will be on the outside edge. If both edges are on the outside edge, "start trying to figure out how to correct it". This also teaches you how to "lean" into the cross over.

Go right to left for about ten feet, and then left to right for the return ten feet, all while paying attention to how you shift your edges.

Repeat it as you start bending your knees more and more until you are nearly in a squat.

My legs burned like mad after doing this for ten minutes, it was insane.

This little impromptu session was the only way that made me able to do cross overs. At the JMS Rob Little camp, he didn't think most of the skaters knew how to do crossover slaloms at speed. I got frustrated with going slow, so I went out and did a full slalom at speed.

Sure, I crashed into the wall because I'm still shaky on my stops, but I know I can do crossovers!

Hell, I'm better at crossovers now than I am at striding...

Old
09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Cool idea for a drill. Can't wait for winter ice and I'm going to do some things like that. Granted my crossovers are fine but still nice to have exercises.

The old Howie Meeker videos had kids doing that. They do stationary crossovers and then start skating backwards and crossing over. Eventually you bring in the C-cuts and there's your backwards crossovers.

Old
09-20-2011, 11:13 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Yay for stupid people...

Woman in right lane in the Bren Wood one way system. I'm in left lane. She missed her turn but chose to try to turn left THROUGH me...

I HATE STUPID DRIVERS...

Nevermind, I attached it.

Last edited by bozak911: 09-20-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old
09-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

That was no woman. That was Wildfish.

Old
09-20-2011, 11:30 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
That was no woman. That was Wildfish.
ROFL.

Seriously, laughing out loud in my cube...

Old
09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Did you at least get her insurance info? If so, you did better than me. 48 hours after buying my car, woman turned into me and then drove off. Which was about as bad as the other woman who backed into my other car 24 hours after buying it.

On Saturday headed down to the X with my kid, friend, and his girlfriend, she mentioned that she got her car repaired from an accident. I said "did you hit her or did she hit you?" and her reply was "no, she hit me!" while my buddy busts out laughing. She didn't get it...

Old
09-20-2011, 12:02 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Did you at least get her insurance info?
Yes. I did. Claim process already started.

My dad worked in the auto-body business for years and I helped him get his shop up and running waaaaay back in 1994. There is no way I'd let someone drive off from an accident.

Why?

It's in your right to chase them down if your car is drivable. In Iowa (at least, not sure in Minnesota) you are allowed to stop them in a citizens type arrest, actually. Driving off from any accident is at least a gross misdemeanor.

One of the first insurance cases we worked in 1994 was a 75 year old woman that was side swiped and the dude drove off. She pulled out her cell phone, called 911 and chased the MF down. It was HILARIOUS to hear the officer recounting the chase.

Old woman was literally chasing down this dude in a 1988 F150 in her little (and relatively new) Celica with two city cop cars chasing behind them.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:28 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Really bothers me when people I follow get into drawn out 'twitter fights'...

And with that, we'll put an end to this thread. New one up in a minute.

Closed Thread