HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cuts Made

Old
09-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Interesting that Prince. Pageau and Kramer all made the first cut. I wonder if they all dress against Boston tomorrow.

Edit: Didn't Culek get a game in the NHL last season. I guess he is as good as done with the org at this point.
Don't think Culek got a game. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think Kramer was already sent back.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Pilgore88

I'm not sure if Kramer was already sent back or not, but if he isn't it may be due to his age, as he would be an overager, and is elidgeble for the AHL, and may be in tough to crack the Chiefs as one of their overagers.

I believe the reason that Prince and Pageau are both still at camp is that they can be given the game friday, and then released back to their juinor teams with no travel whatsoever, as Prince plays in Ottawa and Pageau in Gatineau.

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I would have liked to see him get a few more games. IMO he didn't look very far off from being an NHLer last game, it would have be nice to see him play another one to see how he performs with a little less nerves and pressure.

It sounds like the CHLers are getting cut. Does anyone know if Kramer took part in any of the scrimmages or on ice practices, it looked like he missed at least part of them.
I agree, I'm surprised he isn't the last junior player that is released. I know that Prince had a pretty good rookie tournament but he doesn't have NHL size yet. Stone not only already has NHL size but I also thought he has played well enough to stick a little longer although we knew he would be going back to junior eventually. It's probably because he has played his one NHL game, I expect he will be great in Bingo next season. I expect the other CHLers to be sent back after tomorrow's game, then we can start looking at which Bingo guys will be cut first.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I agree, I'm surprised he isn't the last junior player that is released. I know that Prince had a pretty good rookie tournament but he doesn't have NHL size yet. Stone not only already has NHL size but I also thought he has played well enough to stick a little longer although we knew he would be going back to junior eventually. It's probably because he has played his one NHL game, I expect he will be great in Bingo next season. I expect the other CHLers to be sent back after tomorrow's game, then we can start looking at which Bingo guys will be cut first.
Prince is up because he plays in our backyard. Same with Pageau although I'm sure they also want to see him play a game too.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Minister of Offence

Kramer's coach in Spokane recently raved about his performance at camp. He's closer to being the team's captain then not making it as one of their overagers.

Quote:
Spokane head coach Don Nachbaur told Dave Trimmer of the Spokane Spokesman-Review that sophomore F Darren Kramer is “having a hell of a camp.” Kramer, who led the WHL in fights last season, was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the NHL’s 2011 draft. “He’s played hard since the start of camp,” Nachbaur continued. “His passion shows every time he steps on the ice. He scored five goals in one game. I think he scored in every scrimmage. . . . He came in great shape with a great attitude and he portrayed that every time he stepped on the ice. That’s not to say the other guys didn’t but he stood out, he stood out like a sore thumb.”

Old
09-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

Prince and Pageau likely getting tomorrow's game since they are hometown boys.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:42 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
that's what i was thinking. No doubt they get sent back after that.

I'm puzzled as to why they didnt give puemps or noesen a game before sending them down though.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
that's what i was thinking. No doubt they get sent back after that.

I'm puzzled as to why they didnt give puemps or noesen a game before sending them down though.
Get them started in their organizations and give them chances for their team to win divisional titles.

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Prince and Pageau have simply been better than Puempel and Noesen in camp. I don't think it has much if anything to do with them being Ottawa area prospects.

N Bahn Ahden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Senator View Post
Looks like Prince and Pageau will play against Boston and get sent to their junior teams after that.
Bryan Murray is getting an angry letter if we don't have Pageau back Friday night...

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Skip Sheffield
YEP! YEP! YEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
Prince and Pageau have simply been better than Puempel and Noesen in camp. I don't think it has much if anything to do with them being Ottawa area prospects.
Really?

The fact that Mark Stone is travelling cross-country to join his junior team while Prince and Pageau can literally turn right onto the 417 and be at their camp in twenty minutes, means nothing?

They kept the two of them because they are so damn close to home. If it was based on performance, Mark Stone would still be around.

Skip Sheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
Bryan Murray is getting an angry letter if we don't have Pageau back Friday night...
I'm sure Pageau would much rather be with the Sens than the Olympiques.

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabokov20 View Post
I'm sure Pageau would much rather be with the Sens than the Olympiques.
I know, I know... But after watching them lose their last three, I want our captain back for the rematch with Boisbriand. We lost 7-0 to Boisbriand last Friday.

All I want is a little

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:50 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Culek. 50 goal season. Book it.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Faith View Post
Really?

The fact that Mark Stone is travelling cross-country to join his junior team while Prince and Pageau can literally turn right onto the 417 and be at their camp in twenty minutes, means nothing?

They kept the two of them because they are so damn close to home. If it was based on performance, Mark Stone would still be around.
Well, Stone did get his game in. Quite possible that they made sure to get him in early so they could get him back to Brandon.

Of Noesen, Puempel and Prince, Prince looked the most ready at camp so far...and it's quite possible they want to reward him for it. He's closer to losing his junior eligibility also and maybe they want to see how he fares against NHL competition as they may be looking to get him signed before the year is up. Prince could easily end up in Bingo at the end of the year.

As far as Pageau goes, he was hurt and he didnt get to show much at rookie camp, but as I said earlier, it's clear management thinks highly of him. As a 4th round pick I can't help but think it's got something to do with him being so close.

Pageau, like Prince, could end up in Bingo to finish the year. Late 1992 birthdays.

Old
09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Faith View Post
Really?

Perhaps. I was more refuting the assertion that them staying might not be totally on merit. Stone isn't a good comparison because he got a game in. But a guy like Puempel doesn't have all that far to travel, and he's not sticking around for a preseason game.

N Bahn Ahden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:00 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

Here is the roster released by the Senators for Wednesday's pre-season matchup against the Boston Bruins at Scotiabank Place:

Goaltenders — Craig Anderson, Alex Auld, Robin Lehner.

Defencemen — Jared Cowen, Chris Phillips, Brian Lee, David Rundblad, Filip Kuba, Sergei Gonchar, Erik Karlsson, Mark Borowiecki.

Forwards — Milan Michalek, Shane Prince, Daniel Alfredsson, Peter Regin, Bobby Butler, Jason Spezza, Nikita Filatov, Erik Condra, Kaspars Daugavins, Stephane Da Costa, Mark Parrish, Corey Locke, Jim O'Brien, Nick Foligno, Mika Zibanejad.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Miker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Kramer's coach in Spokane recently raved about his performance at camp. He's closer to being the team's captain then not making it as one of their overagers.
I agree, Kramer is a lock if we get him back (please?) and stands a damn good chance at getting the C, in fact he had it for the first preseason game.

Miker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

COREY LOCKE TIME, people.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy The Sens Fan View Post
Here is the roster released by the Senators for Wednesday's pre-season matchup against the Boston Bruins at Scotiabank Place:

Defencemen — Jared Cowen, Chris Phillips, Brian Lee, David Rundblad, Filip Kuba, Sergei Gonchar, Erik Karlsson, Mark Borowiecki.

Forwards — Milan Michalek, Shane Prince, Daniel Alfredsson, Peter Regin, Bobby Butler, Jason Spezza, Nikita Filatov, Erik Condra, Kaspars Daugavins, Stephane Da Costa, Mark Parrish, Corey Locke, Jim O'Brien, Nick Foligno, Mika Zibanejad.
wow, that's actually a fairly strong lineup, really liking our blueline for tomorrow night. My only question is....why isn't AP playing??.....

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
wow, that's actually a fairly strong lineup, really liking our blueline for tomorrow night. My only question is....why isn't AP playing??.....
Ya I am also wondering where AP is. With Kramer, Prince and Pageau all likely back to the CHL after the game Wed, maybe management are planning on giving Petterson the next 3 games to gauge where he is.

Although this is a very strong line-up, 5 players and a tendy will not be dressing out of those listed.

Edit: After re-looking at the roster, Kramer and Pageau are not even listed. This seems strange to me.

Old
09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Ya I am also wondering where AP is. With Kramer, Prince and Pageau all likely back to the CHL after the game Wed, maybe management are planning on giving Petterson the next 3 games to gauge where he is.

Although this is a very strong line-up, 5 players and a tendy will not be dressing out of those listed.

Edit: After re-looking at the roster, Kramer and Pageau are not even listed. This seems strange to me.
I'm going to assume Kuba, Gonchar, Auld, Alfie,Locke, and Michalek won't dress. With Parrish in the lineup we should still have the minimum number of guys needed.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Afro Thunder*

Lettard gets a game,Noesen and Puempel don't.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I'm going to assume Kuba, Gonchar, Auld, Alfie,Locke, and Michalek won't dress. With Parrish in the lineup we should still have the minimum number of guys needed.
Ya these are the most likely candidites to sit out, not sure why they wouldn't release Pageau and Prince if they were not planning on playing them tomorrow though. I espect Petterson will play in the remaining games, with Grant seeing one or two with cuts happining in between.

Old
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
danishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy The Sens Fan View Post

my predictions. If alfie plays, butler or filatov sit.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote