HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kilger/Langdon

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Dutchy

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
As someone said before, Saku would be much better on the wing than Perrault. He works so much harder than th latter, plus he plays much bigger than he really is.

In the end, I'd rather have Koivu get the puck in the corner than Perrault.

Old
10-24-2003, 02:22 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Trading Perreault still seems like a pretty dumb idea. What if his production keeps up? Plus the fact he has skill in the circles.
I would like to remind you again that he is a 32 ufa at season's end, and is making 2.8 mil this season......the habs will not resign the guy after this season I am almost sure....with the emergence of Mike Riberio, Perreault's days are numbered in Montreal....his trade value also goes up if his production goes up

Old
10-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Yeah... Some teams might be interested.

There are some rumors that Lindros' injury might be more serious than announced (big surprise there... Ahem...), so the Rangers might be interested.

Nylander is out until December, but I think that Washington is trying to shed salary (especially Jagr's) so I don't think they're going to call BG.

Chicago just fired they're GM and Zhamnov is also out until december, so they're might be something there.

If Jason Allison's return takes longer than expected, the Kings might be interested. (Although I'm not saying Perrault's play is anywhere near Allison's)

The injury bug that has been after the Blues for years now seems to have come back one more, so they might be looking for a center sooner than expected.

---

I'm not saying I want Perrault out, I'm just underlining the fact that there's a market out there for him.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:33 PM
tinyzombies

Perreault-Koivu-Ryder would work better for setup purposes. Not a bad idea. Pump up Yanic's trade value and then dish him.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:37 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Perreault-Koivu-Ryder would work better for setup purposes. Not a bad idea. Pump up Yanic's trade value and then dish him.
Agreed. That's what I thought too when watching last night's game. This line truly needs a quality playmaking center, since all three are known as guys who prefer shooting instead of passing (i.e. Ryder's shot on the post would probably have been a pass if Koivu was the one having the 2-on-1).

It may sound weird, but this line shoots too much, and could sometimes make the nice little feed that would lead to goals instead of stops. I'm expecting a change when Koivu comes back from injury.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:54 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
I would like to remind you again that he is a 32 ufa at season's end, and is making 2.8 mil this season......the habs will not resign the guy after this season I am almost sure....with the emergence of Mike Riberio, Perreault's days are numbered in Montreal....his trade value also goes up if his production goes up
I guess you are writing off the playoffs? Faceoffs are important in the playoffs...

Old
10-24-2003, 06:14 PM
MolsonBeer

vCash:
How come we can't have Koivu playing center with Perreault taking the draws? Is it too complicated to get back to into their respective positions after the draw takes place? Thoughts?

Old
10-24-2003, 06:16 PM
Mike8

Quote:
I guess you are writing off the playoffs? Faceoffs are important in the playoffs...
Defense is more important. And this is a facet of Perreault's game that is severely lacking.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonBeer
How come we can't have Koivu playing center with Perreault taking the draws? Is it too complicated to get back to into their respective positions after the draw takes place? Thoughts?
It's an interesting thought to be sure. I brought it up last season as a way to cover for Perreault's abysmal defensive capabilities. It would add some confusion and up the chances of mistakes -- especially on draws in the defensive zone -- but I think it may be able to work.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

But all faceoffs are not created equal. You will basically never find Yanic take a defensive zone faceoff late in a game because he is a defensive liability. Frankly, it is always Joe Juneau if my memory is correct. Even offensive zone faceoffs late in the game, he is not always on the ice, probably because he lacks the fight and grit to play in front of the net, which is often where game tying goals are found late in games. In all honesty, he is just not the type of guy you want on the ice at crucial points of a game.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:36 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I'm not a huge fan of the first line either, but you can't take Bulis away from Juneau and Dackell. That's something I've come to realize. Perreault alongside those two, could be disastrous. The forecheck would be destroyed. The Bulis - Juneau - Dackell line fits right into Julien's defensive system, inserting Perreault would just ruin the good things happening there.

Ideally, our third line would be Bulis - Kilger - Dackell, maybe sometime.
And you will have to realize that Bulis is 1st line material and you don't waste that on 3rd line unless that line is playing 20 minutes or more (which is the case with Koivu injured). But remember that last year Bulis did great with Koivu also.

And I don't think that putting the best face-off man in the league(Perreault) on 3rd line with Juneau/Dackell is that bad...I'd even argue that it would be a balanced defensive line......but that's just me I guess.

I like your idea of Kilger(if he has a good season) pivoting that 3rd line as an alternative.

Closed Thread