HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official NFL Thread (Jets Enter Bye Week; Giants Come Out Of The Bye V Mia)

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2011, 02:13 PM
GamerZX101

vCash: 500
Any Jets fans here? For some reason it seems like there are way more Ranger fans who like the Giants.

Anyway, starting 3-0 would be huge. We've got to take care of business in Oakland. They're dangerous, but we're better.

Old
09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerZX101 View Post
Any Jets fans here? For some reason it seems like there are way more Ranger fans who like the Giants.

Anyway, starting 3-0 would be huge. We've got to take care of business in Oakland. They're dangerous, but we're better.
Jets fans all over this thread.

It's just pain.
Old
09-20-2011, 02:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Jets signed LB Mattias Berning and WR Scotty McKnight to the practice squad. This after releasing G Trevor Canfield and CB Julian Posey from the squad last night.

Berning was good in camp, so I'm happy to have him back in the fold. And I'm sure Sanchez is happy to have McKnight around as well.

Old
09-20-2011, 02:26 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Giants better take that win and run last night. They need to know they need to be better.

Having Tuck back on that D-line made such a noticeable impact it wasn't even funny...now if only we had Goff in the Middle and Thomas OR Prince this season would have a much different outlook.

Aaron Ross was so hard to watch yesterday...ugh

Hoping for Vickless Eagles next week.

Old
09-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerZX101 View Post

Present

We gotta keep pace with the Pats early if we want a shot at the division

Old
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
trueblue30nyr

Jets fan here as well.

Gotta hope that Mangold comes back soon (within reason). Don't know how much I trust Baxter with the center position. Between him, Slauson and Hunter, I fear for Sanchez.

Old
09-20-2011, 03:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Slauson, on his own, doesn't terrify me in pass coverage. It's more of a concern about the communication of assignments between Baxter and the guards. Slauson is serviceable and Baxter seemed to be okay in terms of ability. I'm just afraid that there are going to be a ton of blown assignments.

Hunter, though, ****ing sucks.

Old
09-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Slauson, on his own, doesn't terrify me in pass coverage. It's more of a concern about the communication of assignments between Baxter and the guards. Slauson is serviceable and Baxter seemed to be okay in terms of ability. I'm just afraid that there are going to be a ton of blown assignments.

You think the Jets will try to address the O-line and D-line both in the next draft? Seems to me that their main issues stem from both. Bad Vlad looks to be a lost cause, which is kind of a shame.

Old
09-20-2011, 03:48 PM
trueblue30nyr

Yeah, Hunter should be off this team. He is horrendous.

In regards to the other two, I just feel like serviceable isn't cutting it lately. They get pushed off or beaten too easily. I suppose it's ok for the time being, but I definitely wouldn't mind an improvement.

Old
09-20-2011, 04:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You think the Jets will try to address the O-line and D-line both in the next draft? Seems to me that their main issues stem from both. Bad Vlad looks to be a lost cause, which is kind of a shame.
I think they're happy with the D line at this point. They love Pouha, Wilkerson has been very good, and Pitoitua and DeVito are solid. Ellis has been impressing the coaches and adds even more depth. Martin Tevaseu looks like a rotation player with more experience. Don't see them doing much there. Maybe adding a veteran in free agency, and bringing in an UDFA or two.

They might try to replace Brian Thomas with an edge rusher. He's pretty much done here. Calvin Pace has been a completely different player this year now that his foot is fully healthy, which does make the rush more efficient, but...still need a big-time rusher on the edge. I think with all Rex's exotic packages that they prefer the edge rush to come from the second level, which is why I think they go for a huge, fast OLB. Bart Scott is off to an awesome start, but isn't getting any younger. They like Bellore and McIntyre, but I'm sure they'll add some depth inside at LB as well.

And yes, the offensive line. Hunter is ****ing terrible. I'd be stunned if they don't take a tackle in the first two rounds. D'Brickashaw is a premiere LT, Mangold may be the best C in football, and Brandon Moore is always reliable. Slauson is competent, particularly if the rest are in the lineup. They'll address RT and probably draft some projects for depth purposes.

Old
09-20-2011, 04:19 PM
park rangers
Optimist

After this week, I feel the term "luck" should never be mentioned again when talking about the Giants/Jets.

It starts a pointless argument in which results in both sides being right and wrong at the same time.

Old
09-20-2011, 04:34 PM
17futurecap

Would I like a beast pass rusher off the edge for the Jets, of course, but I'm pretty happy with our d-line. I love Pitoitua, and happy the Jets already locked him up for next year. The Jets loved the guy last year, and Rex was devastated when he was lost do to injury on Hard Knocks. Wilkerson has done more in two games than the Ghost did in his whole time here which is a relief haha, hopefully he just continues to get better. Agreed with ER, they need to address the Offensive Line in the next draft. Would also like to see them address safety as well with a high pick.

Old
09-20-2011, 06:23 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Jets need McKenzie back.

He's a UFA @ years end I believe.

Old
09-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Jets need McKenzie back.

He's a UFA @ years end I believe.
Doubt the Giants let him go. He is invaluable to the run game.

Old
09-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Forever Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

I re-watched the Jets/Jags game, and I was shocked to see the Jags didn't adjust their scheme at all when Baxter replaced Mangold. They were running the same exact defense, Baxter wasn't getting challenged at all. It's amazing how Del Rio still has a job. The one time they did challenge him on the goalline, he got knocked on his ass in about two seconds. Baxter's strength out of college was in open space. That's where he can be effective.

Hunter has been an absolute trainwreck these first two games, but he was very solid last year filling in for Woody. I'm hoping the real Hunter is somewhere in the middle, and we see that soon, but I'm not optimistic.

I'm expecting a lot of stretch runs, rollouts, and screens in the gameplan this week.

Old
09-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Forever Blue

Quote:
The DL is a strength, but OL will definitely have to be addressed. Everyone knew going in Vlad was a long term project, and not having an off-season hurt him big time, but they also can't assume that he's going to make it.

Slauson's decent, but far from untouchable.

Old
09-20-2011, 08:07 PM
ecemleafs

giants really need to improve the left side of the O-Line.

Old
09-20-2011, 08:17 PM
jstaal
go canes go

gmen

weatherford is such a improvement over dodge... and we all know dont friggen kick to desean jackson, last year added more grey hair to my head than needed.. still having night mares.. run, run, run, keep who ever q-bs and that phila offense off field, and YES, HIT SMITH HARD....we always have barn burners , especially down in the gorilla zone

Old
09-20-2011, 08:35 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Doubt the Giants let him go. He is invaluable to the run game.
I agree, just think he'd be a great fit there too.

As long as 66 is gone next year.

Old
09-21-2011, 08:24 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
After this week, I feel the term "luck" should never be mentioned again when talking about the Giants/Jets.

It starts a pointless argument in which results in both sides being right and wrong at the same time.
Well, the way the Giants; "luck" with injuries has been going this season we may be indeed discussing Luck.

Old
09-21-2011, 10:43 AM
nyrleetch

Hixon torn ACL.

Old
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Hixon torn ACL.
Yup. Done for the year.

This is un-****ing-believable. Seriously, **** this. This season is over. Just hold up the white flag.

Old
09-21-2011, 10:54 AM
NYR Viper

I can't do anything except laugh.....

I say just lose out and draft a real QB.....

Old
09-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

At this point, I have no sympathy for any other teams injuries.

Old
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
At this point, I have no sympathy for any other teams injuries.
Yep, not going to happen. Tony Romo punctures a lung....welcome to our world...

Closed Thread