HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers and Isles expressing interest in Mara

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2011, 06:00 PM
  #51
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I doubt we would've taken Gudbranson if he was there at 10 either.

Our folks knew who they wanted and wouldn't be persuaded otherwise. Wouldve taken him if Hall or Seguin were still there.
I dont think it was that serious. I am sure if Hall, Seguin or Gudbranson were there they would've taken them. We have to remember that Johnansen, Niederiter, Burmistrov, Connoly all were gone. Most of the players left were either defensemen or Campbell(goalie).

I think it was more the case of the Rangers feeling that for their needs, they felt McIlrath was the best of the rest of the players left. I 100% believe they were hoping for one of those forwards above to fall and they didn't.

Obviously I have no proof of that, but just the feeling I get.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:26 PM
  #52
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
I woudnt mind that. I liked him when he was a ranger,.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 08:34 PM
  #53
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Mara isn't needed? Maybe not Mara but a vet is needed for sure. I said it in the offseason, you need 8 D now ready to go because of injuries. Unless you disagree with the coach and feel most of the tweeners are ready for FT action we need to sign a veteran, Mara or not.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 08:37 PM
  #54
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,563
vCash: 1350
Should have invited Semenov for the 3rd year in a row!

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:48 PM
  #55
SkerZ
LGR
 
SkerZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Is McIlrath eligible to play 9 games without it counting toward his elc or no? Not saying he is the answer if Staal is not ready for the season, just curious.

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
  #56
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Not a good idea. Mara is pretty much at the end of the line. At best he's a placeholder and if you have a team looking to go places you really don't need placeholders. You need players who can add something.
For the sake of playing Devil's advocate, he is only 31 years old. Same age as Fedotenko when we tried him out.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:15 AM
  #57
NYRangers16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westchester
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
For the sake of playing Devil's advocate, he is only 31 years old. Same age as Fedotenko when we tried him out.
Age isn't the only reason - Fed's game really fits our system...tough, forechecking, strong defense, and some scoring touch. Paul Mara isn't really a good fit...not dependable defensively, not really enough offensive ability to contribute consistently. Might as well play a prospect because Mara isn't really significantly better.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:53 AM
  #58
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Mara isn't needed? Maybe not Mara but a vet is needed for sure. I said it in the offseason, you need 8 D now ready to go because of injuries. Unless you disagree with the coach and feel most of the tweeners are ready for FT action we need to sign a veteran, Mara or not.
I feel pretty good with Staal/Girardi, McD/Sauer, Erixon/DZ, Eminger, Vtank as the 8. They also have Bell, Kundratek,Parlett in the minors.

On a two way deal for Mara I won't complain but I really don't think they need another

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 05:58 AM
  #59
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I feel pretty good with Staal/Girardi, McD/Sauer, Erixon/DZ, Eminger, Vtank as the 8. They also have Bell, Kundratek,Parlett in the minors.

On a two way deal for Mara I won't complain but I really don't think they need another
The players I bolded are all question marks. Sauer has a terrible injury history and McD is far from a proven NHL regular. Both are coming off rookie seasons as well......I don't know I just see too much that could go wrong compared to the ultimate optimistic vision that everyone improved and will stay healthy.

I'm not pushing for Mara in particular just another veteran that I feel can play some important minutes and move up and down the depth chart, and no Eminger alone doesn't do it for me.

It's not hard to imagine a suddent rash of injuries and having some of these tweeners be put into elevated positions they are just not ready for yet. To me thats how you Manny Malhotra these kids outa here. Safer to have the extra vet than be sorry, just my 2 cents.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 06:08 AM
  #60
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Saw this on the trade board, I wouldn't mind this if signing a vet falls through:

Morrisonn for Christensen

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 06:11 AM
  #61
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Mara is one of the most overrated dmen to ever play here. Every 5-10 games he would be a tough guy. That was all he brought to the table.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 06:13 AM
  #62
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,824
vCash: 500
Isles can have him. They'd probably be doing us a favour.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
  #63
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Saw this on the trade board, I wouldn't mind this if signing a vet falls through:

Morrisonn for Christensen
Morrisonn has negative value. The Sabres are over the cap and he was TERRIBLE last season. We would get getting a new whipping boy though....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
  #64
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
People were puzzled with my love affair for Sauer, too.

Probably because the kid was never on the ice. Ability wise, skating wise, player wise they are two completely different players. The reasons people may or may not have doubted Sauer are not the same reasons people would doubt Valentenko. The two are not comparable except I guess that people have doubted them.

It's not a love affair with Valentenko, however. Just a desire to not see a worthwhile asset be flushed down the toilet. He's older. He played well in the minors last year. At the very least, he deserves a shot in the NHL to see what he can do.

Mara looked pretty bad last time I saw him play. Defensively, Valentenko is a better player at this point. Neither player is winning any fastest skater competitions, but that's fine. Not everyone on the team needs to be a speed demon.
Vtank SHOULD fit in realy well on our bottom pair. It's a matter of his D play but he seems to know where the puck his going, how to muscle people, how to block shots. He probably will do less than nothing offensively though and I guess it comes more down to positioning and puck handling. I never hear anyone talk about his positioning, puck handling, passing, etc...With Vtank it's always blocks shots, has a strong shot and hits. That's not enough to make the team if that's all he does which is why people are so down on McI (A much better comparison than Sauer though iobviously age and potential are vastly different). Last year though he really looked good so I thought it was assumed he has a shot this year especially if we are losing a Dman or two to start the season. Haven't really seen too many people going out of their way to debate Vtank all that frequently

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
  #65
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much
 
LotsOfHags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Poland
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
For the short stint that Mara was with the Rangers, I liked him. He always stepped up for his teammates. He would also be a good veteran presence. Maybe the kids can learn something from him. If he comes cheap, I don't mind him here at all.

LotsOfHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:56 AM
  #66
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Probably because the kid was never on the ice.
Or maybe because most of the fans hardly ever saw him play, injury issues or not, and subdued, non-flashy defensemen rarely get the respect they deserve, especially early in their careers from the press.

Quote:
Ability wise, skating wise, player wise they are two completely different players. The reasons people may or may not have doubted Sauer are not the same reasons people would doubt Valentenko.
What's your point? I never said that they were similar players, nor did I put forward the notion that people doubted them for the same reason, although I still find your remark to be highly disagreeable. They are definitely not the same player, nor akin to one another in value, but they have a lot more in common than you give Valentenko credit for. Just an example of my point above.

Quote:
The two are not comparable except I guess that people have doubted them.
Right, which is why the only comparison that I made between the two was based on the fact that they were/are both doubted by much of the fanbase, and probably why I never attempted to compare them in any other fashion. Since we agree, perhaps you could clarify the purpose of the previous 3 sentences in your post, since they are critical in nature and aimed at me, despite the fact that (as you generally tend to do) you are attempting to criticize me for something that I never said/did.

Quote:
I never hear anyone talk about his positioning, puck handling, passing, etc...
What do you expect? As far as positioning goes, there probably isn't a single aspect of the sport that is as criminally under-analyzed as positioning, especially where prospects are concerned. Didn't see too many people talking about the fact that Michael Sauer, even in Hartford, routinely displayed the positioning know-how of an NHL All-Star. Valentenko is serviceable at best as far as passing and puckhandling go.

Quote:
With Vtank it's always blocks shots, has a strong shot and hits. That's not enough to make the team if that's all he does which is why people are so down on McI (A much better comparison than Sauer though iobviously age and potential are vastly different).
It's only a better comparison in terms of play style - the comparison that YOU are making here - if you disregard the fact that Valentenko blocks shots, hits and blasts slapshots in addition to understanding the fundamentals of playing the defense position (like, although not nearly as well, as Sauer), and McIlrath does not.

Quote:
Haven't really seen too many people going out of their way to debate Vtank all that frequently
Right. Thus, the basis for MY comparison - their perceived value by the fanbase, NOT their style of play.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:23 AM
  #67
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 50
This is the time, as much as any to have veteran tryouts. if Valtentenko, Del Zotto, and Erixon are all great, then good. We could even get by with 2 of the 3, though I'm not stoked about the idea of McDonagh on the first pairing just yet and a grand total of like 100 games of nhl experience on our left side.

We need a guy to push the rookies. Worst case we could play Eminger on the left side with Girardi, but i'm not sure we want it to get that far.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:59 AM
  #68
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Or maybe because most of the fans hardly ever saw him play, injury issues or not, and subdued, non-flashy defensemen rarely get the respect they deserve, especially early in their careers from the press.

Never saw him play moreso even than most b/c he was injured how do you need these simple things explained all the time? Also calm down you come out all antagonistic it's very unsettling. You ask why people doubt him then when someone answers you you berate them for giving you the answer?

What's your point? I never said that they were similar players, nor did I put forward the notion that people doubted them for the same reason, although I still find your remark to be highly disagreeable. They are definitely not the same player, nor akin to one another in value, but they have a lot more in common than you give Valentenko credit for. Just an example of my point above.

Point is you associated the two when they are not comparable. Sauer's chances of making the NHl and his chances of success are much different than Vtanks. Different enough that your associating the two there seems to make no sense. The only thing I can figure is that you were trying to boost your ego by pointing out how you were right. But you being right is not enough criteria to convince people about Vtank's chances.
Right, which is why the only comparison that I made between the two was based on the fact that they were/are both doubted by much of the fanbase, and probably why I never attempted to compare them in any other fashion. Since we agree, perhaps you could clarify the purpose of the previous 3 sentences in your post, since they are critical in nature and aimed at me, despite the fact that (as you generally tend to do) you are attempting to criticize me for something that I never said/did.

See above. You seemed to be trying to either whine or give yourself an ego boost b/c there is absolutely no other reason to associate the two. Did you want a pat on the back? A medal? Gj for thinking Sauer would make it but bad job bringing him up as if he has relevance to vtank.

What do you expect? As far as positioning goes, there probably isn't a single aspect of the sport that is as criminally under-analyzed as positioning, especially where prospects are concerned. Didn't see too many people talking about the fact that Michael Sauer, even in Hartford, routinely displayed the positioning know-how of an NHL All-Star. Valentenko is serviceable at best as far as passing and puckhandling go.

Hey we agree there it might be a first for you actually talking hockey. Now let's watch you respond to this with another rant focused on me. Amazing I think I spent 1 sentence pointing out that Sauer couldn't get on the ice and you somehow transform that into an essay

It's only a better comparison in terms of play style - the comparison that YOU are making here - if you disregard the fact that Valentenko blocks shots, hits and blasts slapshots in addition to understanding the fundamentals of playing the defense position (like, although not nearly as well, as Sauer), and McIlrath does not.

hence the age potential thing I noted. Should be pretty obvious and shoul;dn't need to be said that McI has so much lacking in his game that an AHL vet has. Clearly I'm talking about styles there dunno why you don't pick up on these things.

Right. Thus, the basis for MY comparison - their perceived value by the fanbase, NOT their style of play.
But again why does this comparison matter at all except to boost your ego or essentially serve as an "I told you so"? At the point I first read your post I either think you're more mature than that and are making a comparison of them as players which is not a good comparison OR you are just being childish so i tried to give you the benefit and rather than call you an egomaniac I attempted to talk hockey only to watch you rant and be aggressive yet again. So I guess you're an egomaniac and don't come here to talk hockey but instead to pat yourself on the back and berate anybody who voices even a modicrum of dissent. Now we'll hear something patently false about how I am a sheriff despite talking hockey with everybody except really for maybe 3 or 4 people.


Last edited by JimmyStart*: 09-21-2011 at 12:08 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
  #69
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Never saw him play moreso even than most b/c he was injured how do you need these simple things explained all the time? Also calm down you come out all antagonistic it's very unsettling. You ask why people doubt him then when someone answers you you berate them for giving you the answer?
Almost every statement you made in this post is either a half-truth or a blatant lie. Not surprising, since you are a proven liar (remember that, how I proved, using nothing but your own posts, that you were a liar? I'll have to dig that thread up again when I have a few more minutes today).

Anyway, if by "answer" you mean one poorly thought out sentence that is followed by 3 sentences of failed criticism, then yes, you did answer. Seeing as how Michael Sauer played 71, 64 and 42 games played in his years in the AHL, I don't think the inability to catch him play was really the problem. Somehow, I managed to watch him play on more than a few occasions, as did the other group of posters around here who were championing his efforts for a number of seasons. Also, how can I sound antagonistic, when you are the one who is trying to antagonize me? You responded to my post, which dealt SOLELY with hockey, with a post that features a heavy emphasis on criticizing me. Logic, buddy.

Quote:
Point is you associated the two when they are not comparable. Sauer's chances of making the NHl and his chances of success are much different than Vtanks. Different enough that your associating the two there seems to make no sense. The only thing I can figure is that you were trying to boost your ego by pointing out how you were right. But you being right is not enough criteria to convince people about Vtank's chances.
Ah, see, this is the problem. What YOU can figure. But how can you possibly figure out anything about what other people are saying, when you can't even figure out what you yourself say? They are comparable. You said it yourself:

Quote:
The two are not comparable except I guess that people have doubted them.
Well, which is it? Stop contradicting yourself. I'm not looking to convince anyone of anything. Believe it or not, I'm not even trying to convince people to harbor negative feelings about you. Why would I? You do a fantastic job with that all on your own in a plethora of ways. I'm trying to put my opinion out there and engage in debate. The point I'm debating? That non-flashy defensemen often get overlooked by this fanbase, and that this can be a mistake. Thus the basis for my comparison between the situations that the two players find themselves in. As far as an egoboost? Why would I need one? I get an egoboost every time I read one of your posts.

Quote:
See above. You seemed to be trying to either whine or give yourself an ego boost b/c there is absolutely no other reason to associate the two. Did you want a pat on the back? A medal? Gj for thinking Sauer would make it but bad job bringing him up as if he has relevance to vtank.
Again, here is the problem. You use words like "figure" and "seem." There's your mistake. What did I want? To remind people of exactly what I said above: That non-flashy defensemen often get overlooked by this fanbase, and that this can be a mistake.

Quote:
Hey we agree there it might be a first for you actually talking hockey. Now let's watch you respond to this with another rant focused on me. Amazing I think I spent 1 sentence pointing out that Sauer couldn't get on the ice and you somehow transform that into an essay
Virtually all of the post that you just made was focused on me. The post in which the above quoted text appears in is focused on me. You're absolutely right. You spent 1 sentence talking about Sauer...and then 4x as many sentences talking about me. Also, feel free to provide evidence of where I *DON'T* talk hockey, other than responses to your antagonistic advances, such as this one. I could have sworn that I was talking about hockey before you quoted me, no? As opposed to the thread the other day, that is, where I quoted you in a post where you primarily insulted SEVERAL posters and talked only about hockey in the sense that you accused anyone who has a different set of expectations for this team than you to be a pathetic loser with a sad life.

Quote:
hence the age potential thing I noted. Should be pretty obvious and shoul;dn't need to be said that McI has so much lacking in his game that an AHL vet has. Clearly I'm talking about styles there dunno why you don't pick up on these things.
How can they have a similar style when one's style is dependent on being a properly positioned, anticipatory defender, and the other one's isn't? Positioning and anticipation is just as much a part of Valentenko's game as hitting. Hitting isn't the lynchpin to his game like it is for McIlrath.

Quote:
At the point I first read your post I either think you're more mature than that and are making a comparison of them as players which is not a good comparison OR you are just being childish so i tried to give you the benefit and rather than call you an egomaniac I attempted to talk hockey only to watch you rant and be aggressive yet again.
When I first read this post, I knew immediately what the case was. You were desperate to try and find a way to get one over on me because the other day I called you out on your insulting and demeaning posts to several different posters, and quite frankly, made you look REALLY bad (which you were well on your way to doing on your own). Unfortunately, unlike you, I don't demean and insult people (unless they provoke me to), so you couldn't find a similar situation to get me on. Instead, like a child, you chose to take something I said that was strictly about hockey, assign your own fantastical meaning to it, and construct an entire diatribe against me based on something that I didn't say. You didn't even bother attacking the actual point that I was making, which even you are likely capable of understanding, because you are mortified of getting into anything resembling an actual debate with anyone here.

Quote:
So I guess you're an egomaniac and don't come here to talk hockey but instead to pat yourself on the back and berate anybody who voices even a modicrum of dissent.
This is a lie, unless you can prove that the majority of my over 7000 posts are not hockey talk.

Quote:
talking hockey with everybody except really for maybe 3 or 4 people.
This is a lie. You had a conflict with 4 posters in ONE THREAD 3 days ago. Myself, Boom Boom, BrooklynRangerFan, and Shadowtron. Just off the top of my head, I recall you getting into similar spats with Bluenote13 and daedelus. That's 6, and that's just off the top of my head.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:30 PM
  #70
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
For the sake of playing Devil's advocate, he is only 31 years old. Same age as Fedotenko when we tried him out.
Fedetenko fits. Mara's game has been on the decline--he's a bottom pairing at best or spare d-man who cannot seem to find a permanent home. Depending on how long Staal is going to be out we could at least experiment with Valentenko, Kundratek or Parlett in the meantime. When Staal comes back--if necessary that player can go back down.

Personally I've never been all that enthusiastic about Mara's game. In the past he may have had some good stretches with us but he was never consistent over time. His physical game is not really all that terrific and he's not that good of a fighter either. Check him out on Hockeyfights--the best guy I remember him facing off with was Asham and Asham let him off the hook.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:21 PM
  #71
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Almost every statement you made in this post is either a half-truth or a blatant lie. Not surprising, since you are a proven liar (remember that, how I proved, using nothing but your own posts, that you were a liar? I'll have to dig that thread up again when I have a few more minutes today).

Anyway, if by "answer" you mean one poorly thought out sentence that is followed by 3 sentences of failed criticism, then yes, you did answer. Seeing as how Michael Sauer played 71, 64 and 42 games played in his years in the AHL, I don't think the inability to catch him play was really the problem. Somehow, I managed to watch him play on more than a few occasions, as did the other group of posters around here who were championing his efforts for a number of seasons. Also, how can I sound antagonistic, when you are the one who is trying to antagonize me? You responded to my post, which dealt SOLELY with hockey, with a post that features a heavy emphasis on criticizing me. Logic, buddy.



Ah, see, this is the problem. What YOU can figure. But how can you possibly figure out anything about what other people are saying, when you can't even figure out what you yourself say? They are comparable. You said it yourself:



Well, which is it? Stop contradicting yourself. I'm not looking to convince anyone of anything. Believe it or not, I'm not even trying to convince people to harbor negative feelings about you. Why would I? You do a fantastic job with that all on your own in a plethora of ways. I'm trying to put my opinion out there and engage in debate. The point I'm debating? That non-flashy defensemen often get overlooked by this fanbase, and that this can be a mistake. Thus the basis for my comparison between the situations that the two players find themselves in. As far as an egoboost? Why would I need one? I get an egoboost every time I read one of your posts.



Again, here is the problem. You use words like "figure" and "seem." There's your mistake. What did I want? To remind people of exactly what I said above: That non-flashy defensemen often get overlooked by this fanbase, and that this can be a mistake.



Virtually all of the post that you just made was focused on me. The post in which the above quoted text appears in is focused on me. You're absolutely right. You spent 1 sentence talking about Sauer...and then 4x as many sentences talking about me. Also, feel free to provide evidence of where I *DON'T* talk hockey, other than responses to your antagonistic advances, such as this one. I could have sworn that I was talking about hockey before you quoted me, no? As opposed to the thread the other day, that is, where I quoted you in a post where you primarily insulted SEVERAL posters and talked only about hockey in the sense that you accused anyone who has a different set of expectations for this team than you to be a pathetic loser with a sad life.



How can they have a similar style when one's style is dependent on being a properly positioned, anticipatory defender, and the other one's isn't? Positioning and anticipation is just as much a part of Valentenko's game as hitting. Hitting isn't the lynchpin to his game like it is for McIlrath.



When I first read this post, I knew immediately what the case was. You were desperate to try and find a way to get one over on me because the other day I called you out on your insulting and demeaning posts to several different posters, and quite frankly, made you look REALLY bad (which you were well on your way to doing on your own). Unfortunately, unlike you, I don't demean and insult people (unless they provoke me to), so you couldn't find a similar situation to get me on. Instead, like a child, you chose to take something I said that was strictly about hockey, assign your own fantastical meaning to it, and construct an entire diatribe against me based on something that I didn't say. You didn't even bother attacking the actual point that I was making, which even you are likely capable of understanding, because you are mortified of getting into anything resembling an actual debate with anyone here.



This is a lie, unless you can prove that the majority of my over 7000 posts are not hockey talk.



This is a lie. You had a conflict with 4 posters in ONE THREAD 3 days ago. Myself, Boom Boom, BrooklynRangerFan, and Shadowtron. Just off the top of my head, I recall you getting into similar spats with Bluenote13 and daedelus. That's 6, and that's just off the top of my head.
I couldn't be bothered reading this tbh but boy even seeing some words stick out u got mad damn take a breather. Even reading just the last paragraph the answers are so obvious. I'm sorry but I'm not going to keep explaining simple, easy to figure out things. Repeat spats. Boom in 1 thread definitely is nothing like bluenote or you. Boom didn't even respond to me in that thread so how you call that an arguement is beyond me lol.
You literally took the obvious points I made and repeated them as if I wasn't making them. Sticking to the point for once your comparison of Sauer and Vtank was bad and I think you only did it for the reasons I stated above. Sauer was a 2nd rounder, he just kept getting hurt, anybody who had the time to research and pay attention could see he had the ability to make it provided he could stay standing. Vtank is a bit of a different issue. He's lacking in quite a few areas but he's also got the Euro factor and age against him not a lot of people expect him to be around much longer. It also really doesn't help that our depth there is pretty darn good. I don't see many people discounting Vtank it's just that people recognize the obvious which is the potential of our other guys like MDZ, Erixon and what they can bring to the table far outweighs what we've seen from Vtank so far so the talk focuses on guys like that.

Even in another thread there's a discussion right now about MDZ bringing something other guys can't but of course since he seems to be having trouble with his O game he belongs in AHL (I believe you were one of the several people making that point) So you should understand then why people tend to focus on some of our other guys. We need them to live up to their potential more than we need Vtank to live up to his.

Please stay on topic, civilized and relatively short and I will read otherwise I just ain't reading these essays from you it's boring and pointless.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 08:07 PM
  #72
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
I couldn't be bothered reading this tbh
Or you read every word (probably twice) and couldn't figure out a way to disprove the fact that you are an inveterate liar. The funniest part was the "tbh" addendum there. You do have something of a sense of humor. Good for you.

Quote:
Boom didn't even respond to me in that thread so how you call that an arguement is beyond me lol...You literally took the obvious points I made and repeated them as if I wasn't making them.
Well, I didn't call it an argument, so then you've just accused me of saying something that I didn't say (again). In other words, you lied. Also, if you could prove that 2nd part, that would be great, because I'm pretty sure that I didn't actually do that, and you just lied. Again.

Quote:
Sticking to the point for once
I agree, this is unusual. Usually, you try to drive the discussion away from the topic in an effort to insult people and accuse of them of doing things that you yourself are guilty of (insulting, trolling, lying, instigating, displaying poor grammar, crafting weak analogies/comparisons, being generally hypocritical, hijacking and/or killing threads, etc).

Quote:
your comparison of Sauer and Vtank was bad and I think you only did it for the reasons I stated above. Sauer was a 2nd rounder, he just kept getting hurt, anybody who had the time to research and pay attention could see he had the ability to make it provided he could stay standing. Vtank is a bit of a different issue. He's lacking in quite a few areas but he's also got the Euro factor and age against him not a lot of people expect him to be around much longer. It also really doesn't help that our depth there is pretty darn good. I don't see many people discounting Vtank it's just that people recognize the obvious which is the potential of our other guys like MDZ, Erixon and what they can bring to the table far outweighs what we've seen from Vtank so far so the talk focuses on guys like that.
Oh, you mean the same exact thing that happened to Sauer when Staal, Tyutin, Sanguinetti and Girardi were coming up? If you don't see people discounting Pavel, then you aren't reading the same threads that I am. You're right, research could have shown people that Sauer was the real deal, but most people don't do research, do they? Perhaps research might cause some to view Valentenko as more than many perceive him to be today. Your above "take" on Valentenko, for example, seems to indicate a lack of research in terms of his ability on the ice, AFAIC.

Quote:
Even in another thread there's a discussion right now about MDZ bringing something other guys can't but of course since he seems to be having trouble with his O game he belongs in AHL (I believe you were one of the several people making that point) So you should understand then why people tend to focus on some of our other guys. We need them to live up to their potential more than we need Vtank to live up to his.
If I didn't understand why people focus on other players, I wouldn't have been able to make my point. In fact, that's exactly what my point is: my belief about why certain players don't get enough attention. You know, the point that you completely ignored in lieu of criticizing a different point that I never made. It doesn't matter that we need them to live up to their potential more, because if they aren't ready yet, then what's best for their potential is playing in the AHL (with a guy like Valentenko playing in New York until then, or a veteran, if you prefer - I don't).

Quote:
Please stay on topic, civilized and relatively short and I will read otherwise I just ain't reading these essays from you it's boring and pointless.
Here are a number of examples, both new and old, where you took conversations off topic, failed to be civilized, blatantly lied, or some sort of combination of the three. Perhaps you could explain what the purpose of ANY of these posts were, other than to instigate problems. I'll give you one thing, at least it isn't boring. Personally, I get a ton of laughs every time I read something you post. Inadvertent humor, but still, humor. Kudos.

-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=174
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=107
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=108
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=123
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=285
-http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=874563&page=4

Feel free to post a single occasion where I took a discussion off topic, other than to respond to one of your incredibly rude and inappropriate messages. In fact, I dare you. I look forward to your inevitable failure or weak attempt at changing the topic. Also, in the most civilized way that I can, I'm going to ask you to please stop lying. You are a liar. Please stop putting words in people's mouths. Please stop attacking people for things that they never did or said.

See you in the funny papers.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 08:16 PM
  #73
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,258
vCash: 500
just read Staios accepted an Isles camp invite. Watch the Rangers bring in Mara, eeek

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 06:54 AM
  #74
parcsalooc
Registered User
 
parcsalooc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
‎"Paul Mara spotted signing up for a membership to LA Fitness in Ronkonkoma" -Jim Schmiedeberg, Blueshirt Underground Radio

parcsalooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
  #75
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
‎"Paul Mara spotted signing up for a membership to LA Fitness in Ronkonkoma" -Jim Schmiedeberg, Blueshirt Underground Radio
He was thereafter spotted in a nearby supermarket buying a jumbo package of breaded haddock...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.