HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #1|Sep 20, 2011|Flyers at Maple Leafs|7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2011, 08:35 AM
  #576
JVR21
Sexy Hexy
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 8,129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Did anyone else see Timmy's tweet thatsaid:

"Read is going to make this team. And he won't be 13th F. Someone loses a job"

His opinion or inside info? I for one hope he is right. I really like what I see from Read.
It's time for Shelley and Betts to go.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 08:47 AM
  #577
Bort Sampson
Registered User
 
Bort Sampson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hammock District
Country: United States
Posts: 1,170
vCash: 500
Re-play of the game is blacked out on NHL Network.

Best Sport. Worst League.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
  #578
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,798
vCash: 2273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Did anyone else see Timmy's tweet thatsaid:

"Read is going to make this team. And he won't be 13th F. Someone loses a job"

His opinion or inside info? I for one hope he is right. I really like what I see from Read.
Yes, I think he isolated Nodl as the odd man out.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
  #579
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Yes, I think he isolated Nodl as the odd man out.
I didn't see it in the tweets but now I found the article you are talking about. For as much fun of Timmy as I make I really like that article. He's bang on. I actually like when a writer has the gonads to make a prediction in their writing instead of the "hows the atmosphere in Philly?" kind of garbage that usually spews out of these guys. I notice he corrected himself on Read being American as well.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
  #580
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,798
vCash: 2273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I didn't see it in the tweets but now I found the article you are talking about. For as much fun of Timmy as I make I really like that article. He's bang on. I actually like when a writer has the gonads to make a prediction in their writing instead of the "hows the atmosphere in Philly?" kind of garbage that usually spews out of these guys. I notice he corrected himself on Read being American as well.
Frank at the Daily News touted Read as well. He wasn't too excited regarding the chances of Nylander or Mair.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:05 AM
  #581
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,989
vCash: 625
I saw people said Rinaldo's goal was #1 on Top 10 on ESPN. I didn't see it for myself, but I'll assume this was true.

Well, someone at ESPN got pissed and said "WTF hockey?" and since then, ESPN has put the CH Flowers High School Hail Mary play from Friday - which they've been showing for 3 days - in it's spot.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
  #582
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Rinaldo is the only flyer i can think of in a long time that i really don't want him to get a goal, because that might make homer think he should play in the NHL, and i really really really don't want that to happen with the flyers. Can we go one year without having a complete idiot on the team?

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:54 AM
  #583
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Frank at the Daily News touted Read as well. He wasn't too excited regarding the chances of Nylander or Mair.
I saw that interview as well. Frank was calling Read a real dark horse. Unless this forum is the only place Read is talked about I wouldn't call him a dark horse anymore really. Many of us have been pumping him since July. Maybe to Joe Blow regular fan he is unknown though still.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:07 PM
  #584
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I saw that interview as well. Frank was calling Read a real dark horse. Unless this forum is the only place Read is talked about I wouldn't call him a dark horse anymore really. Many of us have been pumping him since July. Maybe to Joe Blow regular fan he is unknown though still.
My buddy who watched the game last night (and didnt know much about Read) told me today that, the Read kid, he thought, was the best player on the ice. He might not have had a goal, but when he went through almost the whole team and made a cross ice pass that Riemer made an amazing save on, you can tell he has skill.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:16 PM
  #585
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
It's time for Shelley and Betts to go.
We have so many legitimate NHLers this year that we could possibly go with

Nodl - Talbot - Read

As a FOURTH line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Rinaldo is the only flyer i can think of in a long time that i really don't want him to get a goal, because that might make homer think he should play in the NHL, and i really really really don't want that to happen with the flyers. Can we go one year without having a complete idiot on the team?
I'm pretty much there with you.

We have so many players who are so much more talented than Rinaldo at every aspect of this game outside of making a stupid mistake that there should be no space for him on this team.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
  #586
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
We have so many legitimate NHLers this year that we could possibly go with

Nodl - Talbot - Read

As a FOURTH line.

Yet you go on the main board and all you read about is how the Flyers traded away their best players...blah...blah...blah. They traded their depth away...blah...blah...blah.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:27 PM
  #587
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Yet you go on the main board and all you read about is how the Flyers traded away their best players...blah...blah...blah. They traded their depth away...blah...blah...blah.
Well here's a list of forwards that have a realistic shot of making this team:

Guaranteed:

Hartnell, Briere, Jagr, vanRiemsdyk, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Talbot, (Schenn)

Fighting for a spot:

Shelley, Betts, Nodl, Holmstrom, Rinaldo, Sestito, Testwuide, Couturier, Read, Akeson, Zolnierczyk, Wellwood, Brown


That's 22 forwards competing for 13 jobs.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
  #588
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
We have so many legitimate NHLers this year that we could possibly go with

Nodl - Talbot - Read

As a FOURTH line.
But that would make far too much sense. We need to live in the past and have a 4th line consisting of a tough guy who gets beat up a lot, a guy who primarily kills penalties and at least somewhere in the lineup we need one crazy guy. When we had the taste of a good 4th line (Lappy, Betts, Powe) it left me craving for more, but alas along came Shelly and screwed the whole thing up.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.