HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

would not be surprised if ?

Old
09-21-2011, 09:56 AM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
would not be surprised if ?

1 .If he can just " finish " a little more consistently on the opportunities he creates, Simmonds is a top 3 pts scorer on our club this season.....He is fast, strong in the corners and makes a lot of good pushes to the net.Liked him in LA and i think he will be nails here in Philly.

2. Will not be surprised if Courts makes the starting roster....After watching him play last night, it became pretty clear he knows what to do with the puck and can finish.2nd and 3rd periods he looked like an NHLer.....Although if he is sent down, i understand the decision.

3. We have no need for Shelly or Nodl.....Will not be surprised if they are axed.

4. will not be surprised if Matt Reid not only makes the Roster, but makes a top 5 showing for the Calder....He is all over the ice and makes things happen...Love his energy.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Codith

Nodl and Read will make the team, and probably Rinaldo as well, Couturier will be sent down to the Q, he did play well last night but you can still see that he needs a lot more work on skating and other things.

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:10 AM
mirimon

If Simmonds is top 3 in pts scoring... I'd be very surprised, or disappointed. Brière, Jagr, Giroux, JvR, Hartnell and Voracek are all players I would expect to have better seasons point-wise. Simmonds is still a very good player to have on the team though, but I don't expect him to see a ton of pp time and he is more suited for a third line role imo.

Also, I'm feeling the need to defend Nödl on here lately, and I don't really like that. He is not my favourite player, but he did have more than 20 pts and 10 goals last season while playing fairly well defensively. Let's see a little bit more of the new kids before we ditch him. I mean, we haven't even seen Nödl yet this year, maybe he has a great game tonight.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
1 .If he can just " finish " a little more consistently on the opportunities he creates, Simmonds is a top 3 pts scorer on our club this season.....He is fast, strong in the corners and makes a lot of good pushes to the net.Liked him in LA and i think he will be nails here in Philly.

2. Will not be surprised if Courts makes the starting roster....After watching him play last night, it became pretty clear he knows what to do with the puck and can finish.2nd and 3rd periods he looked like an NHLer.....Although if he is sent down, i understand the decision.

3. We have no need for Shelly or Nodl.....Will not be surprised if they are axed.

4. will not be surprised if Matt Reid not only makes the Roster, but makes a top 5 showing for the Calder....He is all over the ice and makes things happen...Love his energy.
No chance for Simmonds to be in the top 3 in scoring on the team. Why exactly is there no need for Nodl?

Overstating it on Read. It was a pre season game, against a makeshift lineup.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
If Simmonds is top 3 in pts scoring... I'd be very surprised, or disappointed. Brière, Jagr, Giroux, JvR, Hartnell and Voracek are all players I would expect to have better seasons point-wise. Simmonds is still a very good player to have on the team though, but I don't expect him to see a ton of pp time and he is more suited for a third line role imo.

Also, I'm feeling the need to defend Nödl on here lately, and I don't really like that. He is not my favourite player, but he did have more than 20 pts and 10 goals last season while playing fairly well defensively. Let's see a little bit more of the new kids before we ditch him. I mean, we haven't even seen Nödl yet this year, maybe he has a great game tonight.
I hope Nodl plays well also, i actually like the kid, but i would not be " surprised" if he is moved....Pre season should be very interesting, and i am sure it will be a nail biter for quite a few players.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
No chance for Simmonds to be in the top 3 in scoring on the team. Why exactly is there no need for Nodl?

Overstating it on Read. It was a pre season game, against a makeshift lineup.
Not by much Matt Read looks very good, if he gets playing time he is a 40 point guy right now imo

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 01:50 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I hope Nodl plays well also, i actually like the kid, but i would not be " surprised" if he is moved....Pre season should be very interesting, and i am sure it will be a nail biter for quite a few players.
I am a big fan of Nodl as well, but it also seems like he could get bumped off the third line, and with his play, he doesn't belong on a 4th line. He is more valuable in a trade to someone who needs a good third liner than to us as a 4th liner. Just an opinion though.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Haute Couturier

I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren was dropped on his head as a baby.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 02:21 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Anyone remember the last time we had too many NHL-ready forward prospects?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Anyone remember the last time we had too many NHL-ready forward prospects?
It wasn't on this board, but on another board I used to visit back in 2007 there were a lot of people who thought that guys like Potulny and Ruzicka were way too good to play in the AHL.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
Not by much Matt Read looks very good, if he gets playing time he is a 40 point guy right now imo
Ummm No..

Matt Read is just the flavor of the month.

He wont make the team. He will be in the AHL at the start of the season.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:38 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Would not be surprised if Sestito makes the team over Shelley and turns out to be a solid goon with actual hockey ability (though, nothing special, just more than a body on the ice).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
Do you think 40 points is going to put him in the running for the Calder? He shows some speed and ability. And I think he could be a decent player in the NHL at some point. But to say he's going to be a top 5 for Calder? Exactly as I said. Overstating it.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Would not be surprised if Sestito makes the team over Shelley and turns out to be a solid goon with actual hockey ability (though, nothing special, just more than a body on the ice).
I really hope you are right. But i would be shocked if shelley is in the minors. 1.1 million for goons that homer loves, i dont see shelley not on the roster.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote