HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lundqvist

Old
09-19-2011, 01:22 PM
iamthewalrus

vCash: 920
lundqvist

Will he make the HOF keeping consistent with the rest of his career, granted he does NOT win a single cup?

(very hypothetical however, as i believe we're contenders now, and will be even more so over the next couple seasons)

iamthewalrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Yes, but I think he needs a few vezinas first.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
skroob**

if he can put up 400 wins and be somewhere near 2.35-ish career GAA, its a good chance.

Also keep in mind, its the HOCKEY hall of fame, not NHL. His MVP years in sweden and his gold medal will help.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

The Stanley Cup does not determine inductees.

Not winning a popularity contest like the Vezina wont deter his induction, either.

If he deserves it, he will get in.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I think he gets in cup or no cup

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:58 PM
NYR Viper

He has a ways to go but he has had a good first half of his career......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Would be surprised if he doesn't. We shsould, statistically expect at least 300 more wins from him, and LOT of shutouts. Most all time wins in the shootout, and most consecutive 30 win season since the start of his career. Why shouldn't he. Unless of course he gets screwed, like with the Vezina

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:02 PM
JimmyStart*

If he compiles the stats he has for another 6 or 7 years coupled with the olympic medal and yes.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
Would be surprised if he doesn't. We shsould, statistically expect at least 300 more wins from him, and LOT of shutouts. Most all time wins in the shootout, and most consecutive 30 win season since the start of his career. Why shouldn't he. Unless of course he gets screwed, like with the Vezina
When exactly did Lundqvist get screwed out of the Vezina?

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 12:51 AM
NYRKING30

i believe this will be hanks best year yet. the biggest thing im looking from him is trying to eliminate those really soft horrible goals from bad angles.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:13 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
When exactly did Lundqvist get screwed out of the Vezina?
By the way it works. It sucks that pretty average goalies, with one good season get it, instead of the guy who's had the best numbers over a number of years

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:39 AM
SkerZ
LGR

Quote:
By the way it works. It sucks that pretty average goalies, with one good season get it, instead of the guy who's had the best numbers over a number of years
Agreed it seems as if they go for the flash in the pan. Although its not fair to the more consistent net Minders the award Is for best goalie of that regular season. If an unproven Joe schmoe comes up puts up a crazy year he will win 10/10 times

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Ola

Natrually hardware's has a big impact, but say that he doesn't get any like Richter, I guess the length of his career would be the deciding factor.

Then, if he could get up there with the top 2-3 all times in terms of wins, lead any euro cathegory, etc, he could still have a shot.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:19 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
It's a trophy to reward one year of great play. Why shouldn't the "average" goalie who has one good season win it?

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

I would say Lundqvist reaches 400 wins and wins a Stanley Cup by the end of his career.

Even without the Stanley Cup, 400 wins and an Olympic Gold is nothing to scoff at either (as stated earlier).

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
But the award is not given to the guy who has the best numbers over a course of a number of years....

09-21-2011, 10:15 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

If the rest of career is similar to how he has played for us, he will definitely get a look for entrance into the HOF; however, he is going to need some more "hardware" on his shelf before he is lock for the HOF. Considering the fact that he has always played for us and we have not been contenders thus far, the HOF committee probably would take not winning a cup into consideration, but he will need to win some other awards to help his cause.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Naturally, it's a bit early to have this discussion, but right now, I don't think so. He'd be considered by those who vote a lot like Curtis Joseph. We might disagree, but his reputation outside of people who watch the Rangers all the time is of someone who has yet to get it done in the playoffs (regardless of the teams in front of him).

The wild card that he has over other non-Stanley Cup winners is his Olympic Gold medal. That and the fact that those who count might like to see a Swedish goalie make it in. I think that Teemu Selšnne was on the bubble before he won his Stanley Cup, but probably would have been voted in, in part because he's Finnish -- something a bit exotic for the Hall. Now that he's won a Cup, he's a shoo-in, but without it, it would have been more of a discussion point.

As his experience grows, I fully expect Lundqvist to get even better, though. I think it's a matter of when, not if, he puts together a great playoff run. I have every confidence that at some point in the next few seasons, he's going to steal some great playoff games for the Rangers, and that is going to raise his reputation even higher. He has work to do to get in the Hall, but he's well capable of it.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:04 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
WC, Olympic Gold, SC or not, he'll get in, he'll have an illustrious enough career by time he's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Naturally, it's a bit early to have this discussion, but right now, I don't think so. He'd be considered by those who vote a lot like Curtis Joseph. We might disagree, but his reputation outside of people who watch the Rangers all the time is of someone who has yet to get it done in the playoffs (regardless of the teams in front of him).

The wild card that he has over other non-Stanley Cup winners is his Olympic Gold medal. That and the fact that those who count might like to see a Swedish goalie make it in. I think that Teemu Selšnne was on the bubble before he won his Stanley Cup, but probably would have been voted in, in part because he's Finnish -- something a bit exotic for the Hall. Now that he's won a Cup, he's a shoo-in, but without it, it would have been more of a discussion point.

As his experience grows, I fully expect Lundqvist to get even better, though. I think it's a matter of when, not if, he puts together a great playoff run. I have every confidence that at some point in the next few seasons, he's going to steal some great playoff games for the Rangers, and that is going to raise his reputation even higher. He has work to do to get in the Hall, but he's well capable of it.
Mike Gartner has 708 career goals and IIRC he holds a record for 30+ consecutive goal seasons which is a tremendous feat. Outside of that, he has no major trophies or awards. Selanne was a rookie phenom when he won the Calder and has never looked back winning the Richard a couple of Olympic medals and becoming one of the top all-time NHL scorers. He's already scored more goals than Bobby Hull, Joe Sakic, and Guy Lafluer. He's within reach of Luc Robitaille, Brendan Shanahan, and Jaromire Jagr. SC or not, Teemu is in, hands down.

Last edited by vipernsx: 09-21-2011 at 11:29 AM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 05:23 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
I would say Lundqvist reaches 400 wins and wins a Stanley Cup by the end of his career.

Even without the Stanley Cup, 400 wins and an Olympic Gold is nothing to scoff at either (as stated earlier).
*knock on wood* If he doesn't get hurt, 400 EASY.

This is one of my favorite hockey pictures ever.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote