HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preseason, 9/19/11 "Double Trouble" - Predators VS Panthers DOUBLEHEADER

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2011, 06:40 AM
SufferingCatFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Exactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Booth's hands will hold him back from becoming a 1st line player. He's got the speed, drive and shot to be a solid top 6 player who should come close to 30 goals on a season to season basis, but it's that finesse element he just doesn't have. That's the difference. He creates chances for himself based solely on speed and drive, but its the hands and passing where he really doesn't excel. It's also why you'll most likely never see him put up more assists than goals.
Good assessment. Would add that Booth also has a concussion history. Assuming that he stays healthy, he will be a 20-30 goal scorer depending on how much PP time he gets.

Old
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
It's really not that laughable.. I agree. Seeing all the new talent around just proves it...
well, in my opinion, and in terms of production at the nhl level (i.e., objective measures), that's simply not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Exactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Booth's hands will hold him back from becoming a 1st line player. He's got the speed, drive and shot to be a solid top 6 player who should come close to 30 goals on a season to season basis, but it's that finesse element he just doesn't have. That's the difference. He creates chances for himself based solely on speed and drive, but its the hands and passing where he really doesn't excel. It's also why you'll most likely never see him put up more assists than goals.
basically what i've always said. in fairness to booth, he's always been pushed to be the guy, to shoot a lot and carry the offensive load with weiss and horton. it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to a more diverse offensive attack. if history is any lesson, we ought to know he can improve in an area he focuses on and there's no real mystery to developing better hands and now with usahockey's new tool, he can work on his vision and hockey sense as well

Closed Thread