HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schubert about to be traded ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
  #1
Probert#24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Schubert about to be traded ?

Rumor has it, that Schubert is about to be traded shortly. Does anyone here have more information about this ?

Probert#24 is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 08:31 AM
  #2
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,129
vCash: 500
Seems odd since we don't have much experienced depth on D past Schubert (who is our #7).

If a d-man were to go down with injury, we'd have to play Lance Ward who, while tough, probably isn't as solid as Schubert.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 08:44 AM
  #3
DarthKoRn
Registered User
 
DarthKoRn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pembroke
Country: Canada
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
Seems odd since we don't have much experienced depth on D past Schubert (who is our #7).
Chara, Redden
Volchenkov, Phillips
Pothier, Meszeros
Ward

Only problem is is that if we lose Redden and Chara next season, we're gonna need Shubs again.

DarthKoRn is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 08:46 AM
  #4
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKoRn
Only problem is is that if we lose Redden and Chara next season, we're gonna need Shubs again.
Or if we lose any of our top guys this season to injury, we'll have to play Lance Ward.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 08:53 AM
  #5
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Do you have a source, or do you work like Garrioch?

It would surprise me if they did trade Pothier or Schubert. I never understood why they carried someone as a healthy scratch. As long as there is someone half dependable in the minor system that can be called up like Eaves was in MTL. Personally, I rather take Pothiers 100+ games of experience when April rolls around. Actually I'd rather have a grizzled old vet in his place by then.

I don't think Redden or Chara are going anywhere, and if they do Schubert wouldn't be a fill in for them. Someone of equal status or potential would be brought in next fall. I think they just save some money on a trade for a pick. Gonna need that cash come trade deadline day.


Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 09:48 AM
  #6
Chili
Registered User
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: la Belle Province
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 500
With all of the injuries to defencemen each season, you need depth. Unless they're getting a good return, don't know why you'd move any of the 7 dmen this early.

Chili is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 09:50 AM
  #7
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,040
vCash: 1484
Hmm...first post on the boards and it's a rumor with no source. Seems fishy to me

Tuggy is online now  
Old
10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
  #8
Probert#24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Hmm...first post on the boards and it's a rumor with no source. Seems fishy to me
Nothing fishy about this. Any no, I don't have a valid, reliable source for this rumor. That's why something like that is called a "rumor". Otherwise I would have posted "Schubert gets traded to Washington. Brendan Witt is part the trade".

Probert#24 is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 10:10 AM
  #9
PlayItAgain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert#24
Rumor has it, that Schubert is about to be traded shortly. Does anyone here have more information about this ?
Where are you getting this from? Where did you hear the rumor?

PlayItAgain is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 10:20 AM
  #10
chara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain
Where are you getting this from? Where did you hear the rumor?
Varada is set to come back. Someone gets sent down or shipped out. Spare bodies around cost money.

Possible Sens player movement.

1. McGratton gets sent down to the minors; does not need to clear waivers
2. Try to send down Schubert.
3. Deal Schubert or Pothier.

NOTE: I'm not too worried about losing Schubert or Pothier longterm even if Chara or Redden depart. Meszaros could be a top 4 guy next year and the Sens will have guys developing in the AHL who could be ready for primetime next season - Malec, Platil or they can always sign a depth d-man who'll play for the league minimum.

chara is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 10:41 AM
  #11
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert#24
Nothing fishy about this. Any no, I don't have a valid, reliable source for this rumor. That's why something like that is called a "rumor". Otherwise I would have posted "Schubert gets traded to Washington. Brendan Witt is part the trade".
Right, but "rumors" often have a source of some kind, which can be shared with others.

Saying "I don't have a valid, reliable source" could mean that you just made it up in the shower this morning.

Stranger things have happened on this board.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 11:14 AM
  #12
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
Right, but "rumors" often have a source of some kind, which can be shared with others.

Saying "I don't have a valid, reliable source" could mean that you just made it up in the shower this morning.

Stranger things have happened on this board.
I agree, trading Schubert is stupid and unlikely unless we get back an elite 2nd line centre but I doubt we would. It would just be a player dump at this point and that would be stupid for Ottawa to dump D depth at this point in the season for virtually nothing.

Sens Rule is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
  #13
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
I agree, trading Schubert is stupid and unlikely unless we get back an elite 2nd line centre but I doubt we would. It would just be a player dump at this point and that would be stupid for Ottawa to dump D depth at this point in the season for virtually nothing.

The stupid part was signing him to a one way contract. Now they have to deal with it.

Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 12:08 PM
  #14
Don Draper
Registered User
 
Don Draper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ottawa
Posts: 3,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
The stupid part was signing him to a one way contract. Now they have to deal with it.
they had to, or else he wouldve gone back to Germany. The only thing keeping him in the NHL right now is the one way contract. It was a necessary evil, in my opinion

Don Draper is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
  #15
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
they had to, or else he wouldve gone back to Germany. The only thing keeping him in the NHL right now is the one way contract. It was a necessary evil, in my opinion
I can't really blame Schubert for this. The AHL has taught him all it will.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
  #16
N Bahn Ahden
Registered User
 
N Bahn Ahden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
The only way we trade him in my mind is if we get back a defenceman who can be sent down and has the potential to be an injury replacement and play next season. Basically a Schubert who can be sent down. Otherwise we lose the slim organizational depth on D or take on another contract which is the reason we're trading Schubert to begin with.

N Bahn Ahden is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 12:23 PM
  #17
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
they had to, or else he wouldve gone back to Germany. The only thing keeping him in the NHL right now is the one way contract. It was a necessary evil, in my opinion

Good point, but is he really in the NHL?

Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
  #18
Hossa
Registered User
 
Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Abroad
Posts: 9,262
vCash: 500
Closed because of no source. Rumours need a source (ie. a link to an article, Garrioch or something) in order to be posted here.

Hossa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.