HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schubert about to be traded ?

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Probert#24

vCash: 500
Schubert about to be traded ?

Rumor has it, that Schubert is about to be traded shortly. Does anyone here have more information about this ?

Old
10-13-2005, 08:31 AM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Seems odd since we don't have much experienced depth on D past Schubert (who is our #7).

If a d-man were to go down with injury, we'd have to play Lance Ward who, while tough, probably isn't as solid as Schubert.

Old
10-13-2005, 08:44 AM
DarthKoRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
Seems odd since we don't have much experienced depth on D past Schubert (who is our #7).
Chara, Redden
Volchenkov, Phillips
Pothier, Meszeros
Ward

Only problem is is that if we lose Redden and Chara next season, we're gonna need Shubs again.

Old
10-13-2005, 08:46 AM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKoRn
Only problem is is that if we lose Redden and Chara next season, we're gonna need Shubs again.
Or if we lose any of our top guys this season to injury, we'll have to play Lance Ward.

Old
10-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Rico__Persson*

Do you have a source, or do you work like Garrioch?

It would surprise me if they did trade Pothier or Schubert. I never understood why they carried someone as a healthy scratch. As long as there is someone half dependable in the minor system that can be called up like Eaves was in MTL. Personally, I rather take Pothiers 100+ games of experience when April rolls around. Actually I'd rather have a grizzled old vet in his place by then.

I don't think Redden or Chara are going anywhere, and if they do Schubert wouldn't be a fill in for them. Someone of equal status or potential would be brought in next fall. I think they just save some money on a trade for a pick. Gonna need that cash come trade deadline day.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Chili

With all of the injuries to defencemen each season, you need depth. Unless they're getting a good return, don't know why you'd move any of the 7 dmen this early.

Old
10-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Hmm...first post on the boards and it's a rumor with no source. Seems fishy to me

Old
10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Probert#24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Hmm...first post on the boards and it's a rumor with no source. Seems fishy to me
Nothing fishy about this. Any no, I don't have a valid, reliable source for this rumor. That's why something like that is called a "rumor". Otherwise I would have posted "Schubert gets traded to Washington. Brendan Witt is part the trade".

Old
10-13-2005, 10:10 AM
PlayItAgain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert#24
Rumor has it, that Schubert is about to be traded shortly. Does anyone here have more information about this ?
Where are you getting this from? Where did you hear the rumor?

Old
10-13-2005, 10:20 AM
chara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain
Where are you getting this from? Where did you hear the rumor?
Varada is set to come back. Someone gets sent down or shipped out. Spare bodies around cost money.

Possible Sens player movement.

1. McGratton gets sent down to the minors; does not need to clear waivers
2. Try to send down Schubert.
3. Deal Schubert or Pothier.

NOTE: I'm not too worried about losing Schubert or Pothier longterm even if Chara or Redden depart. Meszaros could be a top 4 guy next year and the Sens will have guys developing in the AHL who could be ready for primetime next season - Malec, Platil or they can always sign a depth d-man who'll play for the league minimum.

Old
10-13-2005, 10:41 AM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert#24
Nothing fishy about this. Any no, I don't have a valid, reliable source for this rumor. That's why something like that is called a "rumor". Otherwise I would have posted "Schubert gets traded to Washington. Brendan Witt is part the trade".
Right, but "rumors" often have a source of some kind, which can be shared with others.

Saying "I don't have a valid, reliable source" could mean that you just made it up in the shower this morning.

Stranger things have happened on this board.

Old
10-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
Right, but "rumors" often have a source of some kind, which can be shared with others.

Saying "I don't have a valid, reliable source" could mean that you just made it up in the shower this morning.

Stranger things have happened on this board.
I agree, trading Schubert is stupid and unlikely unless we get back an elite 2nd line centre but I doubt we would. It would just be a player dump at this point and that would be stupid for Ottawa to dump D depth at this point in the season for virtually nothing.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
I agree, trading Schubert is stupid and unlikely unless we get back an elite 2nd line centre but I doubt we would. It would just be a player dump at this point and that would be stupid for Ottawa to dump D depth at this point in the season for virtually nothing.

The stupid part was signing him to a one way contract. Now they have to deal with it.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
The stupid part was signing him to a one way contract. Now they have to deal with it.
they had to, or else he wouldve gone back to Germany. The only thing keeping him in the NHL right now is the one way contract. It was a necessary evil, in my opinion

Old
10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
they had to, or else he wouldve gone back to Germany. The only thing keeping him in the NHL right now is the one way contract. It was a necessary evil, in my opinion
I can't really blame Schubert for this. The AHL has taught him all it will.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
N Bahn Ahden

The only way we trade him in my mind is if we get back a defenceman who can be sent down and has the potential to be an injury replacement and play next season. Basically a Schubert who can be sent down. Otherwise we lose the slim organizational depth on D or take on another contract which is the reason we're trading Schubert to begin with.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher

Good point, but is he really in the NHL?

Old
10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Hossa

Closed because of no source. Rumours need a source (ie. a link to an article, Garrioch or something) in order to be posted here.

Closed Thread