HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entire Sabres Roster vs 1/3 of the Habs - 7:30 - RDS

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Ellis, Foligno, Adam, Kassian, Persson, Scheistel, and Gragnani will not be regulars in the Sabres lineup. And as has been previously mentioned, the Sabres have an early start to the season this year.

This isn't nearly what some of you are making it out to be
There is a lot of talent on both teams,inter-divisional rivals make this a far better game.I was elated with the game yesterday there's lots of talent in our system and more again tonight.Win or lose its still a win for me,I love seeing the prospects playing against the NHL players.

Old
09-21-2011, 01:53 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Being that I'll be at the game.. this is awesome. However, this is pretty dumb to ice your nearly your NHL roster team. Asking for an injury or two.

Either way, I'm excited to see Luke Adam tonight.

I work with his aunt she talks about him all the time small world or what.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:04 PM
larrypacman8167

if we lose i won't mind too much but if we manage to win i'lljust LMAO all night...... this is gonna be a fun game!

Old
09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

What IF The Sabres Lose Tonight?

So if that is pretty close to their starting lineup and we WIN, does that mean they'll out half the team on waivers?

It's only one game and a pre-season one at that, but there would be a few red faces in the Sabres camp; at least one would think!

Old
09-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

It will be good for our young players to get experience against almost a full NHL team...at the end of the day the final score means nothing.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Anything less than 10 goals is a win for us ?

Old
09-21-2011, 02:11 PM
FeelsLike93

Any chance of a 'Pacioretty' or 'Max' chant breaking out tonight?

Old
09-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Really glad that a lot of our youngsters get to face a very talented and experienced squad tonight. I doubt we win, but look forward to seeing how they fare.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Paul Dipietro

Really hoping to be impressed by Gallagher, Avtsin, DeSimone and Beaulieu

From everything I've heard about Gallagher, I'm half-expecting him to be wearing # 10

Old
09-21-2011, 02:23 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
So if that is pretty close to their starting lineup and we WIN, does that mean they'll out half the team on waivers?

It's only one game and a pre-season one at that, but there would be a few red faces in the Sabres camp; at least one would think!
We could beat them 10-2 and it wouldn't mean a thing. Its a preseason game.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
PricePkPatch

If we keep the goal differential over -4, I'll consider this a win

Old
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Watching Palushaj last night, you can see he is clearly not NHL ready. I'm sure he was nervous, but nothing impressive from him
Well it was also just one game. Give him a chance to get his legs and head into the game. I like that Martin is getting Engqvist and Palushaj into the game tonight, especially Engqvist. It's clear to me that he's a Martin kind of player, and will give him every opportunity to make the club out of camp. Too bad for White that he's injured, because the battle is clearly Engqvist vs White for the 4th line center position. I think White will still make the club, but he might be in the press box if Engqvist continues to impress. Very important game for Engqvist tonight at center. Could get a substantial lead for the 4th line center spot if he looks good in faceoffs and defensive positioning. Should be very interesting to watch.

As far as Palushaj is concerned, i don't think there's any chance he makes the team out of camp. Not giving up on him at all, but the team is just too deep at the moment. Same goes for Trotter, i feel. Will be interesting to see how these players in particular progress over the year, and whether or not they will become superfluous in the organization, or too good to ignore.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:41 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't see any increase risk from playing their lineup. If anything, their players will be more prepared for when the regular season starts.

I also don't care if we lose every single pre season game, I'm more interested in seeing certain players step up at the right times.

Who cares if they light us up when Masse / St Denis / Henry / Lawson / Mayer are on the ice.
Never said I did care, was implying it could be a disaster for them far more than it could be for us. If we lose nobody will care except for the lunatics in the fan base who don't understand ****. The same ones who went nuts when Price lost a preseason game

That said, it's about Buffalo. If they lose they look bad and if they sustain an injury they look even stupider, especially if it's say Roy or Pominville when they could have tested out some youngsters instead. Getting injured in the preseason because your club played a full roster... obviously a vet can still get injured even if you only ice the minimum, but you're just asking for it by icing an entire squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
We could beat them 10-2 and it wouldn't mean a thing. Its a preseason game.
Their vets might not even give a damn or try at all.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:12 PM
PricePkPatch

What I can't wait to see is DD and Patch playing together. Let's see this duo who terrorized the AHL alongside a player like Gionta, against a true NHL top opposition.

Make us proud, boys, and keep your head high. Both on te ice and when you will leave it.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Chillax Sabres, you don't win the Stanley Cup in September.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:29 PM
merano

Go Habs Go!

Old
09-21-2011, 03:35 PM
SB164

When Buffalo inevitably goes on the PP (multiple times I imagine), it should be a good opportunity for Engqvist to show his PK abilities, and try to earn that 13th forward spot.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:38 PM
ChoseLa

I'd like to see a line of Avtsyn and Gallagher.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Jeremy2020

The two two lines are the expected lineup for the Sabres. The bottom two...not so much. The defense has three AHL guys on it.

The Sabres are icing a 'more complete' team because they are headed to Europe which is greatly interrupting the normal pre-season flow.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Well it was also just one game. Give him a chance to get his legs and head into the game. I like that Martin is getting Engqvist and Palushaj into the game tonight, especially Engqvist. It's clear to me that he's a Martin kind of player, and will give him every opportunity to make the club out of camp. Too bad for White that he's injured, because the battle is clearly Engqvist vs White for the 4th line center position. I think White will still make the club, but he might be in the press box if Engqvist continues to impress. Very important game for Engqvist tonight at center. Could get a substantial lead for the 4th line center spot if he looks good in faceoffs and defensive positioning. Should be very interesting to watch.

As far as Palushaj is concerned, i don't think there's any chance he makes the team out of camp. Not giving up on him at all, but the team is just too deep at the moment. Same goes for Trotter, i feel. Will be interesting to see how these players in particular progress over the year, and whether or not they will become superfluous in the organization, or too good to ignore.
I'm pretty sure the 4th line will be a combination of the following:

Darche - White - Moen - Engqvist

I'm pretty sure Moen plays all 82 games (barring an injury) and the other 3 guys rotate in depending on injuries, poor/good play and who we're playing. Nothing makes players turn the jets on better than a bit of competition.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
The two two lines are the expected lineup for the Sabres. The bottom two...not so much. The defense has three AHL guys on it.

The Sabres are icing a 'more complete' team because they are headed to Europe which is greatly interrupting the normal pre-season flow.
Makes sense to have the team ready before traveling to Europe, even if they play a friendly game or two down there those teams aren't good enough of a competition

Old
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
guest1467

Going to the game, excited to see Gallagher play, haven't seen him play in a couple of years.

I am kind of surprised by the fact that Montreal hasn't gone to Europe yet. Anyone know if the Habs management has declined?

1) They like to start the season on the road every season.
2) Montreal has one of the biggest fan bases in the NHL worldwide.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Ellis, Foligno, Adam, Kassian, Persson, Scheistel, and Gragnani will not be regulars in the Sabres lineup. And as has been previously mentioned, the Sabres have an early start to the season this year.

This isn't nearly what some of you are making it out to be
It's exactly what we are making it out to be. Your Top 9 is exactly as it will look like on the opening night, with Ellisthere in the 4th line and Miller in net.

I can already imagine Buffalo fans saying they'll be ahead of Montreal in the standings after this game (as if they haven't already).

Old
09-21-2011, 04:05 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Going to the game, excited to see Gallagher play, haven't seen him play in a couple of years.

I am kind of surprised by the fact that Montreal hasn't gone to Europe yet. Anyone know if the Habs management has declined?

1) They like to start the season on the road every season.
2) Montreal has one of the biggest fan bases in the NHL worldwide.
I'm going to the game also , should be interesting. With all the injuries this might just be our opening roster !

Interesting to see Palushaj and Enqvist back, I thought they deserved a second look. I wish Yemelin was back also to see where is conditioning is at .

As for Europe, I don't see anything interesting in it. They obviously don't need more publicity and I think selling out 21k + seats on a a nightly basis at regular season prices is a lot more enticing !

Old
09-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

This board can be crazy. Preseason isn't important unless the Sabres lose at that point it's REALLY important to them. huh?

Preseaon is getting in shape and getting some timing. It's a brief audition for a few players for possibly one open forward position. As the song goes wake me up when September ends.

Closed Thread