HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Thread

Old
09-20-2011, 10:40 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Personally I could see Pacioretty slid on the third line to start the season, he is still pretty young, has been seriously injured and its probably better for him to start on the third line to take off some pressure on his shoulders..
I was thinking about this today and I think Patches would compliment Eller & DD pretty well except that I'm not sure if Patches would shoot enough to offset the lack of shooting by DD & Eller.

AK might just be the better compliment to the two of them with his wrist shot. Oh well, there will be enough line changes that we'll see a bit of everything.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
What to do with AK

So, let's project ourselves at the end of playoffs. AK just had another one of his season (20G25A) and is now an UFA. What do you do?

EDIT : Fail thread. There needs to be a poll, won't work -_-

For the record the options would have been :

1) Re-sign him for the same salary ($3.5M-$4.5M)

2) Let him walk

3) You wait for the market to open and if no-one is a better option, you re-sign him (if you still can)

4) You already traded him for scrap during the season

Last edited by bcv: 09-21-2011 at 02:37 PM.
bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Sign him. When one dimension 1 year wonders get 4 ish a year, i'd take andrei at his price for 20 goals a year and potential top 6 forward anytime. He hits as well. It's easy choice.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
habsjunkie2*

Sign him, 4 years 16 million. Cheaper and younger than cole.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
DumFries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
So, let's project ourselves at the end of playoffs. AK just had another one of his season (20G25A) and is now an UFA. What do you do?
With 20G and 25A, that's 45 points and I don't think he will fetch much in the UFA market. His current salary is good for a player of his type and he won't get more than 4 million. So, I say the Habs can easily resign him. If it doesn't workout for both sides, I say they trade him at the draft for something of value.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
With 20G and 25A, that's 45 points and I don't think he will fetch much in the UFA market. His current salary is good for a player of his type and he won't get more than 4 million. So, I say the Habs can easily resign him. If it doesn't workout for both sides, I say they trade him at the draft for something of value.
Those types of players got 4-4.5 million last summer as free agents if they left their teams. I think 4 million per year for 4 is pretty accurate for what he'd resign for.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:17 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Those types of players got 4-4.5 million last summer as free agents if they left their teams. I think 4 million per year for 4 is pretty accurate for what he'd resign for.
Maybe even less and this isn't a gamble. We know what he can do in our system already.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I was thinking about this today and I think Patches would compliment Eller & DD pretty well except that I'm not sure if Patches would shoot enough to offset the lack of shooting by DD & Eller.

AK might just be the better compliment to the two of them with his wrist shot. Oh well, there will be enough line changes that we'll see a bit of everything.
I think Max on the 3rd line to start the year is a good way to ease him back in to action. Easier opposition and less minutes than he had last year might be a good thing considering the injury he is coming off. AK with Pleks is where AK is most effective, and I'd add Gionta on the right side because he and Pleks against the opposing top lines means good offense/defense. Gomez would get Cammalleri/Cole and they can focus on generating offense.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

If people just accept the fact that he's a 4mil good 3rd liner who brings physicality and occasional secondary scoring, everything will be fine.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
I think Max on the 3rd line to start the year is a good way to ease him back in to action. Easier opposition and less minutes than he had last year might be a good thing considering the injury he is coming off. AK with Pleks is where AK is most effective, and I'd add Gionta on the right side because he and Pleks against the opposing top lines means good offense/defense. Gomez would get Cammalleri/Cole and they can focus on generating offense.
Never really thought about it cause of the Gomez-Gio tandem but this line-up is actually brilliant.

AK-Plek-Gionta
Cammy-Gomez-Cole

Then...

Desharnais-Eller-Pacioretty

If someone in the top 6 is playing badly they can switch Pacioretty into their role and move some pieces around.

Then Darche-White-Moen is fine.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Maxpac

With players like Desharnais and Eller who have a lot of creativity for 3rd line players, option A for me is definitely a 3rd power forward that loves playing in traffic, ideally Scott Hartnell. But, if we're not able to find a player like that , I hope we sign Kostitsyn to a 3-4 year contract.

If we start the year with neither, it is set in stone for me that Leblanc will be our next 3rd line RW.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 05:38 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

If you separate Cammalleri and Plekanec, the Earth splits and ***** goes down.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
HeShootsHeScores

If Akost goes god mode all season, we finish first in the division, 1st 2nd or 3rd line i don't give a crap.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote