HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eklund signs with Sportsnet

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Da Game

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Da Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
lol BS.

He didn't report **** about the Federov deal...

I think its pretty obvious for us who have followed code for a while that he is 100% BS. He isn't even close 95% of the time.

He got the Marchment trade? Really. What did he say, that Marchment would be moved? Big Suprise...

Whats funny with the guys at hockeynation who is behind Code is that their knowledge of the game is so darn poor. Interesting to see allot of them on this thread reporting that Code "called" stuff he didn't even do...

Overall the rumors made up at HN are so off that its more likely to find a rumor that comes true at Slam if that place is still around.
Then tell me why the guy called the Boyton signing yesterday with the same exact figures that came out today?

Old
10-13-2005, 12:10 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
And there's the reason I don't like Bucigross. I really don't need stupid analogies to unimportant band members of mediocre bands and random song lyrics during my hockey highlights. Just give me the damn hockey. Crap like that is why I stopped watching Sports Center.
Exactly. Interjecting so much of yourself personally into the news you are reporting isn't professional journalism. It wears on the people who tune in, and causes many to tune out.

I really don't have a great opinion on Eklund. Just seems like he reports every rumor he hears, which isn't the greatest thing to do. There are guys out there who does the same thing and I guess they are villified too Strachan and Brooks

Old
10-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Game
Then tell me why the guy called the Boyton signing yesterday with the same exact figures that came out today?
Go to bed kiddo. Code have wrote that he works around agents. Thats his own words. Still he have silly reports about all players in the league. Could you explain that to me?

If you are older then 15 you would know that players have diffrent agents.

And please don't tell me one agent knows the exact numbers what another player are negotiating for or what Glen Sather plans for example. He have made numerous reports that teams plans to make a pitch for diffrent players ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Regarding the accuracy of that site, this was posted there a few days ago:

"Islanders working on extension with Mark Parrish.

The New York Islanders and Mark Parrish are working on an extension. They could be done very soon."

Problem with this? The CBA forbids contract talks until after Jan. And, the Isles specifically gave Parrish a one-year deal because they plan to let him test UFA waters.

This Code fellow, despite his rep on the interent, is not only completely full of BS, he doesn't have the slightest clue about what might or might not go down.
Sorry but if you are a kid from HN stop the BS. Do it for free if you think its fun, charging people for it is illigal.

Edit: The quote that "NYI are negotiating with Parrish" is from code and was made Sep 29 2005, 10:39 PM. The thread title is "About the Ilya rumors to New York."(Code says the deal fell through because Atlanta wanted Lundqvist instead of Montoya included in the deal.... )

When you make a misstake like you did with Parrish its time to shut down. When a guy who supposedly works with a agent reports that a player is renegotiating his contract and it can be done soon 3 month before they even are allowed to negotiate its just to much.

Last edited by Ola: 10-13-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old
10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1000
This board is for trade rumors. If the media, including Eklund, reports a rumor post about it here. If you want to discuss the media, it belongs on the NHL Talk Board.

Closed Thread