HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lessard injures Filatov in practice (upd filatov is fine)

Old
09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc View Post
If you look at this video you see Filatov just kinda there in pain but in background Carkner is kinda pushing Lessard around and giving him some words, haha atta boys Carks

http://scoreottawa.wordpress.com/
1. Those were pretty good quality videos.
2. Big fan, Carkner. Big fan. He told Frank what a retard he was/and is.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc View Post
If you look at this video you see Filatov just kinda there in pain but in background Carkner is kinda pushing Lessard around and giving him some words, haha atta boys Carks

http://scoreottawa.wordpress.com/
so filatov spent the whole off season getting healthy and was 100% ready to go to give himself and the team the best possible chance of success.
now, we will not know how healthy he really is. he might have a nagging shoulder injury the whole damn season!!

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:57 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Francis Lessard is nothing but a knuckle dragger and offers no redeeming qualities as a hockey player what so ever. He's a danger to everyone on the ice when he's out there. He used to be Philadelphia property and he had a reputation for intentionally injuring players in practice and was moved out almost immediately as a result. He just doesn't get it that you don't go out of your way to injure your teammates in practice. There's playing hard, but he goes beyond that. Just an absolute waste of a roster space. He belongs in some league like the Central Hockey League or the goon league that's in Quebec. He has no business being in the NHL.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
senswon

Quebec Goon League??

senswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
And karlsson wasnt run by cooke,alfie blindsided by bell .I dont condone what lessard did, but he wasnt hurt and it will serve filtov well to always be aware of whom is on the ice
These are anomalies....they do not/should not occur during a game. You don't prepare a player for something like this by having a 240lb goon with no future in the org. run young players in vulnerable posistions, thats how injuries occur. It's not like lessard caught him with his head down cutting across center, that would be a wake-up call, "keep your head up kid" kind of play. Running into a player from behind putting your elbow into his head is something completely different.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

From Filatov's Formspring

Nikita, how's the shoulder. Are you still feeling 100%? Please hurt Lessard back, he had no reason to lay such a hit on a team mate. It's hockey and accidents happen, but with Lessard's history ... well you can see what I'm getting at.

im ok. it wasnt shoulder. just had a lil headache for 5-10 min and cant really eat yet hahaha my jaw sore. but it happens. i believe he didnt do it on purpose.
filat21 responded to Joker5123 , 12 seconds ago

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:40 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
These are anomalies....they do not/should not occur during a game. You don't prepare a player for something like this by having a 240lb goon with no future in the org. run young players in vulnerable posistions, thats how injuries occur. It's not like lessard caught him with his head down cutting across center, that would be a wake-up call, "keep your head up kid" kind of play. Running into a player from behind putting your elbow into his head is something completely different.
As was this,it was stupid of lessard to do this .All iam saying is that the kids should take notice of these types of players and be aware of where they are on the ice

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
This the kids need to know that the nhl is the most physical league on the planet,and by having the element of being drilled in practice it will help them realise this ,we cant just have players stickhandle around pylons in camp,we need to try and develop nhl players

I'm sorry, I just don't see how "having the element of being drilled in practice" would help us develop NHLers. Especially when its a goon who will not be a part of our team taking a cheap shot at a young piece to our puzzle.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:14 PM
CaptainGiggles
Summer Can Distract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog View Post
1. Those were pretty good quality videos.
2. Big fan, Carkner. Big fan. He told Frank what a retard he was/and is.
Forgot the blood flicking incident?

CaptainGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Anca18

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post

Nikita, how's the shoulder. Are you still feeling 100%? Please hurt Lessard back, he had no reason to lay such a hit on a team mate. It's hockey and accidents happen, but with Lessard's history ... well you can see what I'm getting at.

im ok. it wasnt shoulder. just had a lil headache for 5-10 min and cant really eat yet hahaha my jaw sore. but it happens. i believe he didnt do it on purpose.
I'm good at getting things out of Filatov on formspring, what can I say

Anca18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker5123 View Post
I'm good at getting things out of Filatov on formspring, what can I say
you ask a lot of questions also..

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Fitch89

To everyone that suggests Lessard was just teaching Filatov a lesson; that is like saying Lessard should wait until Filatov leaves the rink and then run him down in his car to teach him to look both ways before crossing the street. I didn't see the hit, but from what I've heard it was a dirty hit against his own teammate.

Fitch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:38 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitch89 View Post
To everyone that suggests Lessard was just teaching Filatov a lesson; that is like saying Lessard should wait until Filatov leaves the rink and then run him down in his car to teach him to look both ways before crossing the street. I didn't see the hit, but from what I've heard it was a dirty hit against his own teammate.
I don't think Lessard was trying to teach Filatov a lesson, I think it was one of those plays that happens so fast that he was just reacting to the situation, finished his check & it happened to be Filatov that was in the way. What I am suggesting is that it's a hockey play that is going to happen in a game & an opposition player will take a run at him if he has his head down or isn't paying attention. I think it was a lesson learned by the young guy but I don't think it was done on purpose. This is the NHL, guys are fighting for their careers everyday, it's serious business, keep your head up & protect yourself at all times. I imagine if Lessard hit Condra or Winchester that way there would more than likely not even be a thread about it.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:55 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
Forgot the blood flicking incident?
In hindsight, the blood flicking incident is a lot worse than it was at the time.

Carkner certainly didn't think he had just ended Boogaard's career, and who knows if he was aware of Boogaard's off-ice problems.

09-21-2011, 03:04 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post

so Filatov struggled last year with concussion and neck problems and that MORON might have just sent him back to it.

i'm livid.
with who decided to resign him even more than with the MORON himself.

Fans should just BOOO Lessard if he ever touches the puck again at SBP.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 06:01 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
so Filatov struggled last year with concussion and neck problems and that MORON might have just sent him back to it.

i'm livid.

Why the **** was he not removed from practice? A headache ? Sounds like something concussion-related to me... Say one thing, the NHL is constant - they still send guys back out after big hits no matter what they claim.

Guy gets hit from behind, guy complains of headache. Pupil's dilated? No? Let's get him back out there.
I'm so tired of seeing this in the NHL

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Why the **** was he not removed from practice? A headache ? Sounds like something concussion-related to me... Say one thing, the NHL is constant - they still send guys back out after big hits no matter what they claim.

Guy gets hit from behind, guy complains of headache. Pupil's dilated? No? Let's get him back out there.
He did leave and then came back.

Old
09-21-2011, 08:36 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

I love MacLean's comments: "I think Matt Carkner addressed it just as well as any of us could have."

Lessard needs to go away.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Why the **** was he not removed from practice? A headache ? Sounds like something concussion-related to me...
same thing i've been thinking.

hopefully this won't leave any lingering problems moving forward, but i'ts just a retarded situation to be even facing the risk.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post

i'm livid.

i'm with you. send a message to management that fans aren't happy.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
albator71

Hey Lessard get your head out of your ass buddy!!! you should have done that against the Leafs.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:

A team practice isn't run by the NHL.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 01:54 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
A team practice isn't run by the NHL.
Yeah, but they are still bound by NHL rules regarding medical situations to some extent. For instance, all teams have to get baseline EEG's for comparison after injury. Setting basic standards is well withing their (NHL) purview.

Guys who get hit and complain about headaches shouldn't be back on the ice without an examination and a precautionary rest from contact. Period - no matter what the player says.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Am I right in thinking this is the only good thing Lessard has EVER accomplished?

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post

Am I right in thinking this is the only good thing Lessard has EVER accomplished?