HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Entire Sabres Roster vs 1/3 of the Habs - 7:30 - RDS

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2011, 03:29 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Looking forward to the Spacek-St Denis pairing. lol

Old
09-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Habs

What a classless organization Buffalo is, hope this comes back to bite them in some form of Karma.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
What a classless organization Buffalo is, hope this comes back to bite them in some form of Karma.
Came in thread to explain, knowing there'd be random baseless hate. Saw this. Leaving.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Teams heading off to Europe will have to be ready before other teams staying back in North America, I don't get some of you. And it's not like if Buffalo asked for this game against us

Old
09-21-2011, 03:43 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
Came in thread to explain, knowing there'd be random baseless hate. Saw this. Leaving.

Wait. You came here expecting some random baseless hate, and you are leaving because... Of random baseless hate?

Dude, it's 1 frakking poster. Don't declare Defcon 1 right off the bat!!

Old
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Don't worry, you can win all the pre season games you want

Old
09-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Teams heading off to Europe will have to be ready before other teams staying back in North America, I don't get some of you. And it's not like if Buffalo asked for this game against us
The fact that he used to word "classless" leads me to believe that it was meant as sarcasm. At least I hope so

Old
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Yeah, it's not really a big deal.

These guys have nothing to lose. If they lose, they weren't expected to win anyway, and if they win, they look even better.

But it's PRESEASON. In the immortal words of Carey Price: chill out! Who cares of Fred St-Denis can't score on Ryan Miller?

Old
09-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
The fact that he used to word "classless" leads me to believe that it was meant as sarcasm. At least I hope so
well you and me both

Old
09-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Uber Coca

People over here making it like it's a bad thing. Of course it's not. For the entire organization, it's the best to precisely evaluate each of their prospects by sending them against a real NHL team.

Old
09-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:

Sadly there is indeed random baseless hate, but one poster doesn't speak for the board, or even a sizeable chunk of it. The simple fact is the Sabres are icing a notably more complete lineup than is normal at this stage of pre-season. It's going to get noticed and folks are going to rag about it. That's what team boards are about. Don't let one or two posts drive you away. And actually, now that notice who the poster is, I think the "classless org" thing was pretty clearly sarcasm.

Old
09-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'd like to see a line of Avtsyn and Gallagher.
I'm hoping Gallagher-Desharnais-Gionta get a shift together. Sure you're playing a guy out of position, but I would find it awesome.

Old
09-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Can't they put Beaulieu with Subban?

Old
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
on the pp......

Old
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
who will play defense ?

Old
09-21-2011, 04:15 PM
MarkovsKnee

Well, this should be interesting. The kids are going to be tested tonight or the Sabres will take one look at our line-up, say who the **** are these guys and mail it in. lol

I know they are going to Europe, but that's still a ridiculous line-up to be playing right now. They still have N.A. exhibition games to play before heading over including a game tomorrow night against the Leafs. Who wants to bet that tomorrow night's line-up is compiled quite differently?

Old
09-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Drive425

Quote:

Why bother to post? You came expecting hate, found it and posted.

You're one of those guys that rubber necks a crash and talks about how horrible it was. Sicko Voyeur is what you are son!

Old
09-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
This board can be crazy. Preseason isn't important unless the Sabres lose at that point it's REALLY important to them. huh?

Preseaon is getting in shape and getting some timing. It's a brief audition for a few players for possibly one open forward position. As the song goes wake me up when September ends.
Will do. You're aware there is still a pre-season game on the 1st of October, right?

Old
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Why bother to post? You came expecting hate, found it and posted.

You're one of those guys that rubber necks a crash and talks about how horrible it was. Sicko Voyeur is what you are son!

Nah. I mixed up thoughts with words =P

I wanted to say I came in expecting ragging, which I did, and which there was. I found random baseless hate (that may or may not now actually have been sarcasm) and left.

Either way, I don't really care. My panties aren't bunched. There's no real bad blood between Sabres and Habs fans, so it's mostly just a "boys will be boys" thing, but replace "boys" with "habs fans"

Cheers, and good game. I look at it the same way a few of you are. Lose, and it's expected. Win and it's fkn awesome. Embarrassing as fk for us, but awesome for you

Old
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
I'm hoping Gallagher-Desharnais-Gionta get a shift together. Sure you're playing a guy out of position, but I would find it awesome.
At a combined height of 202 inches, I think there's something in the NHL rulebook that would allow the Habs to play another forward on that line...

Old
09-21-2011, 04:30 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

You know what..I don't think they're gunna pound us at all. The Sabre's aren't known for they're brilliatn offence. They are a boring defensive system team, and have been that way for as long as I can remember. let's counter that with high octane speed and offense. Patches, Gio, Desharnais, gallager, PK SUBBAN, beaulieu. let's ****ing rock their world!!!!

Old
09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I'm pretty sure the 4th line will be a combination of the following:

Darche - White - Moen - Engqvist

I'm pretty sure Moen plays all 82 games (barring an injury) and the other 3 guys rotate in depending on injuries, poor/good play and who we're playing. Nothing makes players turn the jets on better than a bit of competition.
Agreed. And Blunden may get called up when need be as well to play on the 4th line.

Old
09-21-2011, 04:32 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Ellis, Foligno, Adam, Kassian, Persson, Scheistel, and Gragnani will not be regulars in the Sabres lineup. And as has been previously mentioned, the Sabres have an early start to the season this year.

This isn't nearly what some of you are making it out to be
The amount of non-NHLers your team is icing equates to the amount of NHLers our team is icing pretty much. What about that isn't a big difference?

Old
09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The amount of non-NHLers your team is icing equates to the amount of NHLers our team is icing pretty much. What about that isn't a big difference?
Pretty much.

We're missing Markov, Gill, Yemelin, Weber, Gomez, Cammalleri, Plekanec, Cole, Kostitsyn, Price. That's probably 2 top-4 d-men, our top line, our 2nd line center, our starting goalie, and a top-6 forward on our team (even though he'll play on our 3rd line).

They're missing Leopold. Big deal.

Old
09-21-2011, 04:42 PM
BLONG7

Preseason, results are meaningless...no biggie, as stated the Sabres are heading for Europe, and don't have alot of time to evaluate their young guys....so they are looking to get their guff in order now...I think both the Habs and Sabres are going to give Boston a real run for the division this year!

Closed Thread