HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 6-3 to the Dallas Stars

Old
09-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Just got home from work. Did Martin say anything about Yemelin and Diaz?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Just got home from work. Did Martin say anything about Yemelin and Diaz?
He said he liked what he saw from both in terms of skill, but that both still have an adjustment period ahead to get used to the North American game.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Tonight we'll get to look at..

Peter Budaj - See what kind of quality we have to back-up Price this season.
Beaulieu - Our most recent first round pick, how well does he compare to Jared Tinordi, is he ahead or behind him in development?
Avstin - The offensive wizard, potential steal, finally get to see what he looks like in NHL pre-season after not playing a game with us last year.
Desharnais - Can he have an impressive showing to lead us to believe he's a lock for the top-9 this season?
DeSimone - Is he worth a contract spot?
Dumont - How close is he to being a 4th liner in the NHL?
Gallagher - Earnign rave reviews in scrimmages, how does he fare vs. another team in a pre-season contest?
Pacioretty - First pre-season game, first real game since his stanchion incident. How will he fare with the tempo, physicality and against players who don't care if he gets hurt?
I don't see Budaj's performance having any impact on how good a back up he is. He's an established NHL player, if he gets 90 minutes of shutout hockey I won't tout him as a future star and if he ***** the bed completely I don't care so much.

In terms of Beaulieu vs Tinordi, not had to see that Beaulieu is a more plished prospect, plus he was drafted as a late birthday 18 year old so in hockey years(1992) they have the same age. Tinordi was said to be a project since day one but it never fails to send some panicking when he doesn't look like an NHL d-man at 19 and has some things to work on.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 01:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I didn't see all the game but I was surprised to see how much Trotter's skating and foot speed improved since he left Hamilton. He should have a big season for the Dogs.

Also thought Emelin looked good and Blunden is faster then I seem to remember him.

Palushaj looked like he was pushed off the puck easily, hope he works on his lower body strength over the next 12 months since he'll have to clear waivers for 2012-2013 so next years camp will be big for him.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Diaz has to concentrate more on his D. That -3 didn't sit well with me. He needs a stint in the AHL, where he'll learn that SOGs aren't as important as +/- when he's the one responsible for the minuses.
+- in one game can be very misleading. I think he does need work on defensive coverage, but part of that might just be adjusting to the NA game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
+- in one game can be very misleading. I think he does need work on defensive coverage, but part of that might just be adjusting to the NA game.
+/- should not be looked at, I mean, we all saw how Price dominated right...
Diaz and Emelin need to adapt, that is all.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Gill.. OUTCH.. its pre season and he is a vet so we will give him time to restart the machine but it was really painful to watch tonight, cost us at least 2 goals.. hope he gets back on the right track for the begin of the season.. Certainly not a guy I want playing top 4 mins..
One of my main concerns. His "leadership" does not translate into quality minutes at ES. Having the slowest man in the league is brutal for a team with the pedigree of the Habs. Not to mention, he ain't gettin' any younger. A great guy? Probably...but that doesn't win races to the puck or close gaps quickly.

Last edited by headliner: 09-21-2011 at 03:58 PM.
headliner is offline   Reply With Quote