Just Watched highlights from CAROLINA game

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 09:53 AM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Just Watched highlights from CAROLINA game

and not one single Bruins scoring chance.

Did they have any???

Old
10-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
mostly the last minute of regulation...that's it...

it was ugly...man I hate watching the "trap"...

The 'Canes executed it to a "T" while our guys skated like they had cement skates..

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
10-24-2003, 12:06 PM
wensink

I didn't think the B's mustered many scoring chances at all. I can remember two or three.

This was a tough one to watch but I wasn't surprised. I predicted Carolina would win 3-1, so I wasn't too far off.

Old
10-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wensink
I didn't think the B's mustered many scoring chances at all. I can remember two or three.

This was a tough one to watch but I wasn't surprised. I predicted Carolina would win 3-1, so I wasn't too far off.

yeah I pretty much expected it... getting back home after such a loooong trip.... and then facing that ever so boring 1-2-2 trap ..

Hopefully they can get their legs back under them and get Sergei set up with Bergeron or somebody...

If not it'll be more of the same snooze fest tommorrow night against Burns & Co..

damn I hate the trap..

That fast skating game against the Avs is what I call Hockey.

Old
10-24-2003, 12:34 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
I think Gordie K said it best...the B's were just back from a long road trip and the Canes were a more desparate team. The B's didn't have that step and the Canes were just a little bit better. I think that was all the difference.

For a long while, the game was hinging on that lone 2-1 break the B's gave up. This is the one which gave Carolina their 1-0 lead (tisk tisk on McGillis for missplaying it and failing to block that pass). Though the Canes out shot the B's by nearly a 2-1 margin, their scoring chances weren't numerous. Still, the Bruins scoring chances were even fewer, probably less than 5 in the game. I think it came down to the fact that the B's didn't have that extra step and the Canes were a bit more tenacious, especially when it came to the trap.

Old
10-24-2003, 01:05 PM
psuthornton

Send a message via AIM to psuthornton
There were a few scoring chances in the final minutes. Early in the first Joe setup Knuble point blank and Weekes gloved it. Also, Joe threw a cross ice pass to Murrary on the PP, he had a wide open net and it rolled off his stick. Same situation happened later and Muzz shot it into the crowd. They had some chances, but as was said before, CAR just wanted it more than them

Old
10-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Bruins2020

Carolina played a great game, which included Weekes making some key saves when we actually did produce some attempts.

Carolina has a pretty darn good team. Good mixture of vets and talented kids.

Few notes:

Eric Staal looks like a keeper.

Glen Murray has been terrible thus far IMO, he has had numerous quality chances to score a goal, and he has missed badly on more then half his attempts, so badly as to not even come close to getting a quality shot off. A Glen Murray who isn't putting the puck in the net isn't really all that good a player.

Andrew Raycroft is a star on the rise. This kid is cool, knows how to position himself well, and has the knack of making the spectacular save look easy. I am very confident in our chances when he is in net.

Bergeron probably has his least effective game last night.

Does anybody know if the Washington Caps are going to look to rebuild soon or not? They don't look too good, and may want to clear some bodies and rebuild. Does anybody on that team seem like a great fit on the B's?

Maybe we should be the first team to pounce on situations like this. We now have the quality depth to make things happen.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:23 AM
usmhuskies

Send a message via AIM to usmhuskies Send a message via Yahoo to usmhuskies
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan
Carolina played a great game, which included Weekes making some key saves when we actually did produce some attempts.

Few notes:

Glen Murray has been terrible thus far IMO, he has had numerous quality chances to score a goal, and he has missed badly on more then half his attempts, so badly as to not even come close to getting a quality shot off. A Glen Murray who isn't putting the puck in the net isn't really all that good a player.

Andrew Raycroft is a star on the rise. This kid is cool, knows how to position himself well, and has the knack of making the spectacular save look easy. I am very confident in our chances when he is in net.

Does anybody know if the Washington Caps are going to look to rebuild soon or not? They don't look too good, and may want to clear some bodies and rebuild. Does anybody on that team seem like a great fit on the B's?

Maybe we should be the first team to pounce on situations like this. We now have the quality depth to make things happen.

I thought Bergeron played OK...he had a pretty good scoring chance late in the 1st but just missed the net....Brenden Wit IMO would be a great fit for the B's...

Old
10-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan

Few notes:

I agree with some points, but dont agree at all on Bergeron and Murray. Bergeron played a very good game, created some nice scoring chances for Samsonov on the PP and played a great defensive game.

As far as Murray goes, yes, we need him to score, but even without goals he is a good hockey player. He works hard, and the goals will come. He certainly isnt a floater so his efforts do help the teams success.

Closed Thread