Not a game thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Hank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
Remember when we had Stu standing at the end of the bench, staring at the opponents.
I agree that Stu had that special presence... but Burnett is a LONG drop off from Grimson. If I was an enforcer on the other bench, I'd look at Burnett as a punk thug that I'd love to put in his place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
How much would teams suffer if they lose a 3rd pairing d-man or a 4th liner to a suspension? Hatcher is a perennial Norris-candidate, his loss would hurt but how much would the loss of Salei really hurt Ducks? Not much.
Well according to your logic, quite a bit because of all those cheapshots that would start happening to the stars still playing. But I agree that it wouldn't really change anything to lose Burnett (so why do we need him again?).

And I disagree completely about Salei. He leads the defense in ice time and is Babcock's go-to guy in Carney's absence. Losing him to a suspension would definately hurt.

Closed Thread