HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres win 3-1 (EN)

Old
09-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Subban76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That's my point. Our team will have to be 100% healthy this season. Looking at the two preseason games, we dont have a lot of firepower waiting in the wings.

But we do have Cap Money sitting in the bank. We have that going for us.

Thanks buddy.

If Pacioretty gets injured this season, or Gionta or Cammy, who do we have to replace them with?

I watched the games. And depending on which post you read, you will see someone state that "Trotter wasnt that great" or "Palushaj was invisible".

I love the talent that we have on this team when we start the season. I simply made a comment that we dont have a lot of depth that can come from Hamilton and not disappear.

Sorry that offended you.
You do realize that having players like AK, Eller and DD on the 3rd line is serious depth. Even Drache on the 4th.They will move up to the top 2 lines when there will be injuries.

Seriously, get a grip, Habs have one of the deepest group of forwards out there.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:14 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris96 View Post
was gonna say the exact same thing. He looked much more explosive.
He sure is one tough warrior in puck battles

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:36 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
the play was sloppy and slow.!
Jack Jack Jack..

The game was regular season paced, the intensity level was pretty high, there was no space on the ice, guys of both team played it tight and poised.. Our C team hold their own against an almost full Sabres line-up and with a bit of luck we you have won this one.. It wasnt the most exciting game ever, but the level was pretty high for an exhebition game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I missed the game cause i had a game of my own tonight. 2 questions...

1. Could Gabriel Dumont be a solution as a 4th line center? Judging by the comments here.

2. Did Beaulieu take any one-timer ***** on the pp? How did he look overall?
I think he could but he wont.. will have to spend another season the the AHL putting decent numbers.. but I wouldnt be surprised to see him play with the Habs next year..

Beaulieu was mostly looking at Subban on the PP, dont recall him taking a one timer, he rather setted up Subby..

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-22-2011 at 08:17 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 08:17 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think he could but he wont.. will have to spend another season the the AHL putting decent numbers.. but I wouldnt be surprised to see him play with the Habs next year..

Beaulieu was mostly looking at Subban on the PP, dont recall him taking a one timer, he rather setted up Subby..
He sure had a few effective zone entries. Handles the puck well

Old
09-22-2011, 09:02 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Went out to dinner last night so I had to catch parts of the game on the big screen...not really conducive to analyzing players. But it was pretty plain to see that among the rookies, Beaulieu and Gallagher were the show-stealers.

Didn't notice Avtsin once. Bummer.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:06 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That's my point. Our team will have to be 100% healthy this season. Looking at the two preseason games, we dont have a lot of firepower waiting in the wings.

But we do have Cap Money sitting in the bank. We have that going for us.

Thanks buddy.

If Pacioretty gets injured this season, or Gionta or Cammy, who do we have to replace them with?

I watched the games. And depending on which post you read, you will see someone state that "Trotter wasnt that great" or "Palushaj was invisible".

I love the talent that we have on this team when we start the season. I simply made a comment that we dont have a lot of depth that can come from Hamilton and not disappear.

Sorry that offended you.
If a top 6 is injured DD or AK can replace them. Very few teams have any AHL players who can replace a top six injury.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Went out to dinner last night so I had to catch parts of the game on the big screen...not really conducive to analyzing players. But it was pretty plain to see that among the rookies, Beaulieu and Gallagher were the show-stealers.

Avstin wasn't that bad actually, played well and battled hard. Good skater and has some decent moves. He had a great chance on a wrap around that Miller saved in the 2nd, showed some good patience with the puck.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Thorton02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
btw, not that its important but I wonder why the sabres felt compelled to dress a near full lineup this early in the pre season. I dont know if Ruff has always done it like that but its highly irregular.
I'm not trolling because I normally agree that it makes no sense to dress a full lineup in game 2 of the preseason. I think the reason is that atleast on offense, the lineup is pretty much set. There are no open spots to compete for. Aside from Adam, Foligno and Kassian, we don't really have any prospects that are even ready for a sniff of the NHL. We don't have any spots open on defense.

Aside from individual efforts from a few guys, I don't think any Sabres fans is putting much weight into these preseason victories. Frankly, with what we had on paper, our first two games should have been a blowout. Even though they weren't, I'm not too concerned, again...preseason.

I can't wait to see Subban this year. I hope the guy breaks through to the next level. Good luck this year....although, not too much luck.

Thorton02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:23 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Sorry but Engqvist is not my favorite player.. Im concerned about the fourth line center spot..
Same here, I hope P.G. is looking for a right hand centre for the 4th line somewhere.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Andy

A few things I'd like to know about Beaulieu because I missed the game last night.

1. His skating laterally, backwards and forwards. I hear is back skating needs some work.

2. His passing skills/ puck movement

3. His vision of the game

4. If his errors were a lack of hockey sense or a speed of the game issue...this is really important.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:59 AM
NewEraGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
A few things I'd like to know about Beaulieu because I missed the game last night.

1. His skating laterally, backwards and forwards. I hear is back skating needs some work.

4. If his errors were a lack of hockey sense or a speed of the game issue...this is really important.
1. His skating forward is excellent. He is definately one of the faster skaters. I think he still needs to work on backwards+laterally a little bit, but still he is probs at least average in those two.

2.Puck movement is very good. Made a couple very nice passes to PK on the PP

3. Excellent. Very smart player and sees the game well

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:08 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Hey guys, I missed last night's game because I had class...

Anybody know where I can find last game's highlights? I tried looking on canadiens.com but didn't find anything. Maybe I didn't look properly but if somebody has a link or somethin

hook it upppppppp!!!

thank you hfboarders

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
LePoche69

Here are the names that I think are considered for the 4th line spot and the 13th forward:

Blunden
Willsie
Enqvist
Palushaj
Dumont
Trotter

Based on the 2 games I saw and what I read about everything else, here is who I think has the edge for now, in order -- of course, it is a very subjective opinion:

1-Blunden
2- Trotter
3- Enqvist
4- Palushaj
5- Dumont (would have been higher, but he wasn't a favorite in the first place)
6- Willsie

Palushaj and Enqvist (to a lesser extend) must wake up pretty soon. Another game like yesterday and Dumont may surpass them.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Gaston Gingras

Gallagher reminds me Parise

Gaston Gingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:18 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

1 - His skating looked great. Didn't look out of place at all skating backwards.

2 & 3 - His passing puck movement and vision were definitely his strong points. He made a few really nice passes to head the rush and in the offensive zone.

4 - He made a few soft passes that were intercepted (or nearly intercepted) that cause odd-man rushes.
He was caught out of position a few times while pinching and taking himself out of the play.
He doesn't have very good man-to-man coverage in the defensive zone. Not sure if it's a size or coaching issue.

I don't think he has poor hockey sense, but it isn't just a speed of the game thing. He just needs to learn through coaching and experience.

IMO, he looked like he had a lot of potential.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
What's the word on Bishop's injury?

09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
AraGOHABSGO

I missed match yesterday because I had my hockey game. I would like to know about Avtsyn:

1- His is skating good?
2- Does he have good hands?
3- And how about is shots?
4- Does he backcheck?
5- Does he play with heart and intensity?

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:27 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
I missed match yesterday because I had my hockey game. I would like to know about Avtsyn:

1- His is skating good?
2- Does he have good hands?
3- And how about is shots?
4- Does he backcheck?
5- Does he play with heart and intensity?
(only my thoughts)

1- Good skating, but not as much speed as it was advertised. But it could be because he's sometimes passive on the ice.
2- Looks like it, but not star level.
3- Didn't see it.
4-, yes, but nothing special
5- Average. Still needs work. 1 more year in the AHL could help if he wants to be better in that regard.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:

The real scene stealer was PK. Amazing performance.

Amongst the kids Gallagher, Dumont and Beaulieu were terrific. I personally thought Desimone showed talent and poise in during the little ice time he had.

And finally, Avtsin. He showed brief glimpses of the skill level that has some comparing him to Kovalev. A beautiful saucer pass coming out of the zone in the first period. And a near goal on a wrap around later in the game. But he also seem to lack jump and was routinely beaten to the puck in one-on-one situations. To me, he should be among the next cuts. Not that he's the least likely to eventually make the NHL--just that he's among the least ready of those out there last night...and I include Desimone, Palushaj and the like.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Agalloch

BTW, here's the preseason stats thus far:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/stats/MON/preseason

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
BTW, here's the preseason stats thus far:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/stats/MON/preseason
Lol Price among the top scorer of our team!!! This guy can do it all xD lol

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
The real scene stealer was PK. Amazing performance.
Yep, Subban was definitely the best Habs player from what I saw. Some amazing skill.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:41 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Yep, Subban was definitely the best Habs player from what I saw. Some amazing skill.
A bit a puck-hogger, but I think he wanted to prove JM he can spearhead offensive rush when the timing is opportune, if properly back with another reliable D.

Plus, it's not if seeing Subban handling the puck is bad thing to do if you wanna draw the audience. If he keeps improving in his showmanship flair, this team will soon be named the Subbanshow.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:49 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
A bit a puck-hogger, but I think he wanted to prove JM he can spearhead offensive rush when the timing is opportune, if properly back with another reliable D.

Plus, it's not if seeing Subban handling the puck is bad thing to do if you wanna draw the audience. If he keeps improving in his showmanship flair, this team will soon be named the Subbanshow.
He can hog the puck all he wants if you ask me. He's good at it

Old
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Courtnall6

when do you suppose the next round of cuts will be? I'm going to the game against the Bruins on Sunday here in Halifax and the more regulars that might be in the lineup, the better.

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote