HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Still Random After All These Years... (RTOTD v.2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2011, 10:09 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I was absolutely horrified, completely and undoubtably horrified to find out that Miami University, my current university is having the Westboro baptist church here. They invited the church to come and talk to the head of the arts and science department while their followers hold a rally just south of campus. Although I am not big on the whole gay lesbian movement, I am big on their disrespect to soldiers families and disgusted that the university is inviting them hell paying them to come here. I will be writing a letter to the university president condemning their actions as well as write to the university paper.
Just protest them loudly and obscenely.

Old
09-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Just protest them loudly and obscenely.
Oh don't worry there will be a lot of that too. Already have 200 people who have signed up to protest their arrival. I am seathing in anger. I have 2 cousins overseas and two family friends overseas. They fact that these ****ers are even allowed to be in the same area code as me, much less on my street is enough to boil my blood.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I was absolutely horrified, completely and undoubtably horrified to find out that Miami University, my current university is having the Westboro baptist church here. They invited the church to come and talk to the head of the arts and science department while their followers hold a rally just south of campus. Although I am not big on the whole gay lesbian movement, I am big on their disrespect to soldiers families and disgusted that the university is inviting them hell paying them to come here. I will be writing a letter to the university president condemning their actions as well as write to the university paper.
They... invited Westboro Baptist?

Hon, are you sure you're going to the right school?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
09-20-2011, 12:59 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

This. You need a new school, might I suggest using uscho.com for another school

Old
09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
*cough* freedom fighting *cough* ... give 'em hell joetimo ... that's absolutely abhorrent

Old
09-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Here in TN they came to protest a soldier's funeral a few months back. Several local motorcycle organizations showed up to counter them and completely drown out their chanting, etc. Protesters also outnumbered them about 10:1.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:28 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Here in TN they came to protest a soldier's funeral a few months back. Several local motorcycle organizations showed up to counter them and completely drown out their chanting, etc. Protesters also outnumbered them about 10:1.
A girl from my high school was one of the people who went to protest that "church", though not part of any motorcycle group, and she posted some pictures on facebook. You couldn't even see the church group because of all the people and flags.

Old
09-21-2011, 09:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Yeah, compare that to ETSU, who just had Ron Jeremy on campus for a forum debate on the issues surrounding the adult entertainment industry.

I'm not kidding.

Old
09-22-2011, 08:23 AM
PredsChik

Pretty sure Ron Jeremy came out to MTSU during my time there, too.

My ticket rep sucks. I'm basically throwing my money at the team and she doesn't seem to want to take it. First my ticket issues, now the extra jersey I ordered last week but the money still hasn't come out. arg!

Old
09-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Story is false. A professor in comparative religion was attempting to bring in one representative of Westboro to speak to a class. Miami University did NOT approve visit, nor would anybody from Westboro be invited at a sponsored university event. What an individual professor tries to do is one thing, sponsored visits by the university is another, completely different thing.

"I want to make it perfectly clear, that this is a group whose focus on hatred and personal destruction is aberrant to the values we strive to instill at Miami. The attempt to study their actions in the classroom should not be misunderstood as condoning or accepting their hate-filled rhetoric," said David Hodge, president of Miami University.

Thought I should provide a clarification.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:47 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post

My ticket rep sucks. I'm basically throwing my money at the team and she doesn't seem to want to take it. First my ticket issues, now the extra jersey I ordered last week but the money still hasn't come out. arg!
Maybe you're the lucky winner of some random contest to get everything free this year.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Adz

Quote:

I e-mailed mine after I checked and my parking pass money hadn't been withdrawn. (I think I went into that before, but long story short is I ordered them with my tickets last spring but it didn't get entered.) She said she'd turned the order in after we talked on the 16th...so she went to check on the status. She wrote later that they were absolutely slammed with pre-season ticket sales and they hadn't gotten to it. She said she'd deliver my passes personally.

Perhaps your best bet is to go to the top (Nat) and get things going. There may be a problem with not enough personnel for the demand, but he does want to make things right. If you submitted an order form for the jersey, it may not have reached the people it should have yet, but you may be able to get what you have ordered on time.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Maybe you're the lucky winner of some random contest to get everything free this year.
LOL! I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Perhaps your best bet is to go to the top (Nat) and get things going. There may be a problem with not enough personnel for the demand, but he does want to make things right. If you submitted an order form for the jersey, it may not have reached the people it should have yet, but you may be able to get what you have ordered on time.
I had to call her regarding a Meet the Team Party voucher we didn't get this morning, I'm going to ask about the jersey when she calls back and then go from there depending on her answer.

I'm excited that the ticket sales are over whelming, that's a good sign for the team but at the same time, I can't help to be annoyed when it's my orders going wrong.

Is it Saturday yet???

Old
09-23-2011, 12:04 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I'm excited that the ticket sales are over whelming, that's a good sign for the team
I was told that both Saturday preseason games are sold out. I don't remember that ever happening before.

Old
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Got mine...

Old
09-24-2011, 03:55 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Very nice!

Old
09-25-2011, 08:44 PM
predfan98

this googoo giveaway..... bet it doesn't happen all year...

Old
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
A goal in the final minute of the second period? I say we get 2 free Goo Goo's!

Old
09-25-2011, 10:35 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
A goal in the final minute of the second period? I say we get 2 free Goo Goo's!
we'll see....lol.

I wonder how much goo goo (is that standard candy co?) is paying for that sponsorship... I hear a man behind me one game talk how much the preds wanted for his sponsorship for a free product (about the same price as a googoo) that they would have to come into his store to redeem. Was double digit thousands..

we'll keep track and see who is closest!

Old
09-25-2011, 11:28 PM
PredsChik

The Sounds gave out vouchers for free GooGoo 3 packs at the gate after the season finale. That's a lot of GooGoos.

Also, rep dropped the ball because she quit and nobody was picking up her accounts. No 2nd new jersey, was rudely told I could buy one in the proshop, waiting on a response from someone higher.

So ready for the wins to count and for this ride to start. Looking forward to a lot of ups and no downs!

Old
09-26-2011, 12:56 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
The Sounds gave out vouchers for free GooGoo 3 packs at the gate after the season finale. That's a lot of GooGoos.

Also, rep dropped the ball because she quit and nobody was picking up her accounts. No 2nd new jersey, was rudely told I could buy one in the proshop, waiting on a response from someone higher.
So ready for the wins to count and for this ride to start. Looking forward to a lot of ups and no downs!
Sucks to hear about your rep. Mine is great. Met up with him before the game and finalized my flex12 package before faceoff.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:59 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I'm a sucker for the Superman shirt rip. And sometimes at night I get bored and things like this happen...

Reminds me of the Halloween costume idea I had where I sew together half a Wings jersey (Left side) and half a Preds jersey (Right side) and torch the Wings side. Throw in a goalie mask with a defaced left side, some decent makeup and suddenly Two-Face is a hockey fan. Ah, if only...

Old
09-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

So Miami refused to have westboro after a huge group of alumni refused to give money to the university if Miami allowed westboro's speaker on campus. Now instead of one speaker, the church has decided to picket the entire campus. ****ing awesome. damn it

Old
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
So Miami refused to have westboro after a huge group of alumni refused to give money to the university if Miami allowed westboro's speaker on campus. Now instead of one speaker, the church has decided to picket the entire campus. ****ing awesome. damn it
I want to know who is bankrolling these people?

I mean, I dont know of anyone in my church, let alone hundreds or more, who have the time and money to just pick up and hit the road to go protest at the drop of a hat.

dont these people have jobs?? families??

Old
09-26-2011, 12:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
They're giving away GooGoos now?! Figures they would wait until I couldn't attend games regularly to start that one. I haven't had a GooGoo Cluster in years, and I'm not sure if they even sell them out here. All we've got is Dr. Enuf, although, really, Enuf is Enough.

Closed Thread