HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu NHL Ready?

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2011, 10:40 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
It's pretty simple. He's gonna be happy if Markov reinjures again because it will prove he was right all along. It's an ego thing.
Wow.. he came up with that analysis all on his own, it wasn't the 90% of reports brainwashing the public that Markov would get reinjured it was all his amazingly in depth analysis of the situation.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
+1

He looked so much more promising that Diaz, Weber, Tinordi and all the other prospects.

Yemelin I put into another category, because of the potenial of him adding the phyiscal element to the defensive corps. That is the differentiator between him and all the other prospects. That....we need.
If you're going to put Yemelin in a different category, then you have to do the same for Tinordi who isn't the same type of player as Beaulieu, Diaz and Weber who are all offensive defencemans. Tinordi doesn't belong in that category and plays a totally different game

Old
09-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Wow.. he came up with that analysis all on his own, it wasn't the 90% of reports brainwashing the public that Markov would get reinjured it was all his amazingly in depth analysis of the situation.
Clearly he is a student from the great Dr. Recchi.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:

Markov MIGHT re-injures. I repeat, he MIGHT get re-injured. Saying that he WILL and we should not count on him whatsoever is sign of either future telling or letting your pessimism/ego cloud your judgment.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-22-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old
09-22-2011, 12:31 PM
habitue*

Could Beaulieu be this year's Cam Fowler ?

Old
09-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Habsfan18

One thing is for sure...I'm drooling at the thought of a Subban and Beaulieu PP pairing for the future.

Old
09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Markov MIGHT re-injures. I repeat, he MIGHT get re-injured. Saying that he WILL and we should not count on him whatsoever is sign of either future telling or letting your pessimism/ego cloud your judgment.
Agreed. Not sure if you were implying I was saying that, seemed like it, but just to clarify I wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Clearly he is a student from the great Dr. Recchi.

Sounds like it to me

Old
09-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Problem is that there is simply no room for him on the Habs this year. Kid was really good last night and showed some good things, no need to rush him, let him develop another year in the minors

Old
09-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If you're going to put Yemelin in a different category, then you have to do the same for Tinordi who isn't the same type of player as Beaulieu, Diaz and Weber who are all offensive defencemans. Tinordi doesn't belong in that category and plays a totally different game

I did not lump them together because of type of Defensemen, but because they were all not full time NHL'rs yet.

And yes, Tinordi would not be considered a offensive D, and a good team needs a mix of stay at home and puck moving D.

I am giddy with all the potential NHL'rs

Old
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I did not lump them together because of type of Defensemen, but because they were all not full time NHL'rs yet.

And yes, Tinordi would not be considered a offensive D, and a good team needs a mix of stay at home and puck moving D.

I am giddy with all the potential NHL'rs
alright then, just making sure. And yes our defence looks great down the road

Old
09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
He wont but take a look at post 68

Old
09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Agreed. Not sure if you were implying I was saying that, seemed like it, but just to clarify I wasn't
I wasn't sure if you did, actually. I wanted to make my position clear 'cause it seem people were making fun at me for calling out a guy's preposterous and extremely (and needlessly) negative posts.

Old
09-22-2011, 01:12 PM
neofury*

Quote:
I wasn't sure if you did, actually. I wanted to make my position clear 'cause it seem people were making fun at me for calling out a guy's preposterous and extremely (and needlessly) negative posts.
No worries. Yeah I find it ridiculous as well. At least let it happen before going crazy about it. People are very pessimistic about the team in general. It's why I consider myself the habs optimist around these parts

Old
09-22-2011, 01:16 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

he looked great last night and if it weren't from all the other guys ahead of him, he might make it.

still, i wouldn't mind giving him a few games, early in the season before tossing him back to juniors

Old
09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Beaulieu made a lot of clear mistakes in his 27 minutes. I'm not sure how any of you can say he looked better than Weber. Weber looked like an NHLer while Beaulieu looked like a future NHLer.

Old
09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Beaulieu made a lot of clear mistakes in his 27 minutes. I'm not sure how any of you can say he looked better than Weber. Weber looked like an NHLer while Beaulieu looked like a future NHLer.
Odd how you had this take on his play. I saw him recover loose pucks nicely in the defensive end, I saw him make crisp, hard passes and handle the puck with decent poise for a rookie.

I saw Spacek and others make a few brutal plays in the defensive zone though.

Old
09-22-2011, 01:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I'd agree with that. It's not a knock on Beaulieu - some aspects of his game looked great, but it's obvious he needs work on others. Watch Pominville's goal, where Pominville just slips away from Beaulieu who gets left staring at the rafters. The giveaway in the first period leading to a near breakaway is another one.

But considering he was drafted all of three months ago, I was thrilled with what I saw. His puck handling might be NHL-ready but that doesn't mean he is. No big deal.

Old
09-22-2011, 01:56 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

He looked good but he will be in the Q this year and at least 1 year in Hamilton, There is no need to rush him....

Old
09-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Jesse Pinkman

Futures looks promising for him, that's for sure.

Old
09-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

People get a bit too obsessed about defensive errors in exhibition games. You see it with all players and teams, for the most part it's a bunch of guys not used to playing with each other with vets and rookies mixed in.

Old
09-22-2011, 02:30 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Great point. Beaulieu looks to be following the path of Subban, maybe even bi-pass the AHL if he gets bigger and stronger with his already NHL game.

Tinordi is a different class of Dman, one that will be appreciated more when he is full developed in his body and game. He is still on a learning curve as he hasn't played the highly competitive level Beaulieu has over his development, and he has a larger body to get use to and to develop.

Tinordi is a player like a Komisarek who is going to need to play a couple years of junior and in the AHL too. Kommy was drafted in 2001 and wasn't an NHL full timer until 2005-06. Same can be said about Duncan Keith and others, 2 years in the AHL didn't hurt him, and he wasn't labelled bust because of it either.

Some players come flying out of the gates, and some others take time. Most GM's would tell you that all players pick are usually put on a timeline of finishing their junior career or partial NCAA career and then playing pro in the AHL to learn the pro game. And we all know the average Dman coming into the NHL full time is around 23-24, there is a lot of time for Tinordi.

Old
09-22-2011, 03:14 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

In time, between 2 and 4 years, I expect Beaulieu and Tinordi to replace Markov and Gill.

so for now we got (with a healthy Markov and benched/let go after this season Spacek):

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Yemelin
Gill-Weber

and in 3 years give and take we'll have:

Subban-Yemelin
Gorges-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Weber

It pretty much works out perfectly...

Old
09-22-2011, 03:39 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Yeah Cam Fowler and his -25 lol

Beaulieu displayed some very impressive skills and hockey sense last night but he was clearly looking like a kid who needs polishment.. Still, great first impression in the big show, very impressive..

Old
09-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I don't know what makes our fans so darn stupid..
I understand people are excited, but damn, one freaking game and already there's a thread like this.

Old
09-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Erik Estrada

The only thing that surpasses the enthusiasm for Beaulieu is the underwhelming response to Tinordi. Style of play is a factor here.

Closed Thread