A few things I'd like to know about Beaulieu because I missed the game last night.
1. His skating laterally, backwards and forwards. I hear is back skating needs some work.
2. His passing skills/ puck movement
3. His vision of the game
4. If his errors were a lack of hockey sense or a speed of the game issue...this is really important.
1. His skating was smooth. Long stride, elite-level transitions in direction. Not blindingly quick. Didn't get enough of an impression of his backward movement to really evaluate him. He certainly can and should improve as a skater, but for 18, wow.
2. Well above average.
3. Impressive, especially on the PP. But see point 4-
4. In the first period a couple of his turnovers were clearly caused because the opposing player(s) closed on his passing target faster than he realized they would. I didn't notice a lack of hockey sense, quite the opposite. In fact you could see him learning as the game progressed.
All that said, I've heard repeated comparisons to players like Hainsey and Brisbois, and they looked fair in terms of size, skating and style of play. The question with those players was grit/heart/compete level. The WJC this year would be a great place for Beaulieu to show us more. Hope he not only makes the team, but helps anchor it's back end.
Why are people complaining? All the preseason games except for 1 are televised this year. A few years ago, you'd get 1 or 2 televised and have to listen to the rest on the radio or follow along with RIS' "look-ins".
And it's not because RDS doesn't want to show them, I'm sure they do. But the Habs don't want them all being shown, for whatever reason.
If it's not RDS's decision, then I won't assign the blame to them. I still am disapointed at whomever made this decision. What could be the reason?
The Habs, for whatever reason, have never televised all of their preseason games. Maybe someone else knows why, I don't. I'm just saying, people complaining about just 1 preseason game not being televised must not remember what it was like a few years ago when you were happy to get 1-2 preseason games on TV...
I'm sure RDS would love to show them if they could. The Habs games they've already shown have undoubtably gotten them their best ratings in months.
twice he's promoted to top 6, twice he can't finish a game
i missed the last 15 minutes so i must have missed it but, what happened exactly?
Have no idea what happened, all we know is Martin said it was a lower body injury and he said he doubt he gets to see a game out of the next 4
C'est David Desharnais qui a remplacé Gomez au centre de Pacioretty et Gionta, mercredi face aux Sabres de Buffalo. L'attaquant de Laurier-Station pourrait toutefois devoir rater la série de quatre rencontres en quatre soirs que s'apprête à disputer le Canadien.
Martin a indiqué que Desharnais a subi une blessure au bas du corps, et il n'a pas précisé l'échéancier prévu pour son retour au jeu.
Desharnais risque donc de rater les deux matchs contre les Sénateurs, voire les deux autres qui suivront contre les Bruins de Boston, dimanche à Halifax puis lundi au Centre Bell.
I'm almost positive it's his groin. He looks to have tweaked it right in front of the Buffalo net on a rush. RDS keeps playing that segment when they mention he was hurt and I'm pretty sure they are right. Really common injury in training camp.