HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

How does your top 2 lines look?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2011, 04:28 PM
  #51
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!
 
Injury Prone Stastny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infamous Tank View Post
What a nice problem to have 3 players competeing for top line duties
Lindstrom, Galiardi and Mueller? Landeskog is a throw in as well depending on how he does.

If he plays RW as well as LW, if Hejduk gets injured this year (back issues?) I can see him playing on Duchene's right wing with Mueller.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:30 PM
  #52
NWAvsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He played for PXN which isn't know for developing scoring forwards and scoring 60 points in SEL isn't easy. In my mind he's more proven than TJ without a doubt.
I get the Phoenix part for sure. They are developing a reputation as a wasteland for talent if any patience is required. That said I think TJ has still proven more at this point in his career. I like Lindstrom's ceiling better though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injury Prone Stastny View Post
I see your point. I am just saying Galiardi hasn't consistantly contributed when he does play on the top line in the past.

After reading about him bulking up though, I expect more out of him this season. And I wouldn't be all that surprised if he takes over the #1 LW spot at some point this year.
TJ has definitely left me wanting with his top line play. I really feel he is more suited for the 3rd line. He was able to keep up and contribute though and my big concern with Lindstrom is if he will continue to produce against the opposition a first line sees. If he keeps going in training camp I think they have to give him that shot though. Really, he is a better option than anything else we have at the moment.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:48 PM
  #53
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GobiasIndustries View Post
If Lindstrom continues to perform in pre-season then I think he'll get that spot locked up. I personally think that the lines will look like:

Lindstrom - Stastny - Jones
Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Galiardi - O'Reilly - Landeskog
Winnik - McClement - Kobasew
That is a really solid line-up, minus an "enforcer" (if you can call McLeod that). I still expect there to be a trade involving one, or more, of Porter, Yip, Stoa, McLeod, or Galiardi in the next 6-8 weeks. Heck, even if you traded all those guys you'd still have Van Der Gulik, Olver, Mauldin, Mercier, Bordeleau, and Rissmiller, or even dress 7 DMen and let one of Hunwick, Wilson, or Cumiskey play forward.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:52 PM
  #54
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
That is a really solid line-up, minus an "enforcer" (if you can call McLeod that). I still expect there to be a trade involving one, or more, of Porter, Yip, Stoa, McLeod, or Galiardi in the next 6-8 weeks. Heck, even if you traded all those guys you'd still have Van Der Gulik, Olver, Mauldin, Mercier, Bordeleau, and Rissmiller, or even dress 7 DMen and let one of Hunwick, Wilson, or Cumiskey play forward.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Avs seem to overcorrect. Last year defense was too small and weak. This year it is gigantic. Last year lack of depth exposed us when injuries hit. This year as much depth as we'll ever need.

Of course, what might lead to a trade is that Avs don't want to pay a guy in AHL $600k+.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
  #55
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
No Statsny, are you out of your freaking mind?

Aha, you are from Finland (?) ;-)

At the end of this season there may also be two Swedes in the top 2 lines, live with it.
If that happens, I'm out for sure.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:17 PM
  #56
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,424
vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
If that happens, I'm out for sure.
and nothing of value was lost

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:15 AM
  #57
Penslaaja
Registered User
 
Penslaaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJohnson6 View Post
Best bottom 6 in the league
You forgot the , right?

Penslaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:02 PM
  #58
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!
 
Injury Prone Stastny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penslaaja View Post
You forgot the , right?
What a blank post.

At least post who you think is better and why.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
  #59
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injury Prone Stastny View Post
What a blank post.

At least post who you think is better and why.
Check the "best bottom 6" thread in the main forum. Basically, that goes to "every other team in the league".

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
  #60
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
If that happens, I'm out for sure.
Oh please god, allow both Swedes to play in the top 6.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
  #61
Penslaaja
Registered User
 
Penslaaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injury Prone Stastny View Post
What a blank post.

At least post who you think is better and why.
At least Bruins, Penguins, Red Wings, Sabres, Predators, Blackhawks, Rangers, Canucs and Flyers.

Penslaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
  #62
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 500
Just had my fantasy draft last night. I drafted David Jones but Peter Mueller is still available and I have been debating on picking him up. I am not very familiar with David Jones and I know Mueller is coming of injury. I figured you guys would know best. Who has the best chance of playing first line minutes? Is Mueller a left wing while Jones is a right wing? Or are they going to be battling for the same spot alongside Duchene?

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:42 PM
  #63
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!
 
Injury Prone Stastny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Just had my fantasy draft last night. I drafted David Jones but Peter Mueller is still available and I have been debating on picking him up. I am not very familiar with David Jones and I know Mueller is coming of injury. I figured you guys would know best. Who has the best chance of playing first line minutes? Is Mueller a left wing while Jones is a right wing? Or are they going to be battling for the same spot alongside Duchene?
Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Lindstrom - Stastny - Jones

1a/1b lines.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:42 PM
  #64
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Just had my fantasy draft last night. I drafted David Jones but Peter Mueller is still available and I have been debating on picking him up. I am not very familiar with David Jones and I know Mueller is coming of injury. I figured you guys would know best. Who has the best chance of playing first line minutes? Is Mueller a left wing while Jones is a right wing? Or are they going to be battling for the same spot alongside Duchene?
Jones is likely to be Line 1a Right Wing.
Mueller is likely to be Line 1b left Wing.

Jones will hopefully be something like 30-20-50
Mueller will hopefully be 25-25-50

Just my guess however.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
  #65
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 500
Thanks for the quick response guys!

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 04:46 PM
  #66
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,821
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penslaaja View Post
You forgot the , right?
No, I did not. I strongly believe that the Avs have a very strong bottom 6.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:38 AM
  #67
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
Posted this by mistake in the wrong thread:
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...1&postcount=33

NHL think our top 2 lines are:
1. Jones-Duchene-Hejduk
2. Galiardi-Stastny-Mueller

And they don't have Landeskog or Lindström on the roster

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
  #68
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!
 
Injury Prone Stastny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Posted this by mistake in the wrong thread:
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...1&postcount=33

NHL think our top 2 lines are:
1. Jones-Duchene-Hejduk
2. Galiardi-Stastny-Mueller

And they don't have Landeskog or Lindström on the roster
I commented about that on the site. They get paid to write about hockey and they can't even get positions right?


Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
  #69
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,201
vCash: 50
I think the lines should be as follows:

Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Lindstrom - Stastny - Jones
Galiardi - O'Reilly - Landeskog
Winnik - McClement - Kobasew/Porter
McLeod

I think Lindstrom has impressed Sacco enough to earn a spot beside Stastny.

However, if at any point during the season, Lindstrom isn't playing up to par, he should be replaced by someone who is. (Galiardi, Landeskog or Porter)

Landeskog should get third line minutes to start the season until he can show everyone he can play with the big boys.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 04:14 PM
  #70
hoserthehorrible
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Avalanche View Post
I think the lines should be as follows:

Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Lindstrom - Stastny - Jones
Galiardi - O'Reilly - Landeskog
Winnik - McClement - Kobasew/Porter
McLeod

I think Lindstrom has impressed Sacco enough to earn a spot beside Stastny.

However, if at any point during the season, Lindstrom isn't playing up to par, he should be replaced by someone who is. (Galiardi, Landeskog or Porter)

Landeskog should get third line minutes to start the season until he can show everyone he can play with the big boys.
Please don't mention Porter might play on one of the top two lines. If we get to that point this season then we're either looking at 15th place in the West or Sacco has gone completely mad... again!

hoserthehorrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 04:16 PM
  #71
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,201
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible View Post
Please don't mention Porter might play on one of the top two lines. If we get to that point this season then we're either looking at 15th place in the West or Sacco has gone completely mad... again!
It's always a possibility with bench master Sacco as the coach.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 04:41 PM
  #72
hoserthehorrible
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Avalanche View Post
It's always a possibility with bench master Sacco as the coach.
Yeah, I know.

Hopefully the "messages" Sacco sends this year don't involve benching our top players or playing Porter on the powerplay and on the top scoring line again.

hoserthehorrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 04:48 PM
  #73
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,201
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible View Post
Yeah, I know.

Hopefully the "messages" Sacco sends this year don't involve benching our top players or playing Porter on the powerplay and on the top scoring line again.
If it comes down to that, I will probably make friends with a never ending supply of whiskey.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:36 AM
  #74
Avsfanftw
Registered User
 
Avsfanftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Avalanche View Post
If it comes down to that, I will probably make friends with a never ending supply of whiskey.
Ya last season was painfull..

Avsfanftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.