HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did someone say Training Camp?

Old
09-18-2011, 11:19 PM
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I don't think we are at the point of determining that yet. But there could be a few.

One thing to note about the Coyotes NHL ready forwards. IMO their upside is sketchy at best. But I guess you expect that on potential waiver pickups.
I was mainly wondering because i think players like Tikinov and Maclean would be useful. How likely is it that those two show up on waivers? The Avs have had some luck with Phoenix forwards (Winnick, Mueller, Porter kinda) and a few more wouldnt hurt especially if it costs nothing.

The Infamous Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 11:21 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infamous Tank View Post
I was mainly wondering because i think players like Tikinov and Maclean would be useful. How likely is it that those two show up on waivers? The Avs have had some luck with Phoenix forwards (Winnick, Mueller, Porter kinda) and a few more wouldnt hurt especially if it costs nothing.
Mac more likely than Tik IMO, but I'd bet both are kept.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:24 PM
RR

First cuts are in...

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=589021

No surprises, unless you thought Dylan King would hang around awhile.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Updated the 'cheat sheet' (in the first post of this thread) with today's cuts.

Old
09-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Coyote Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infamous Tank View Post
Good luck with that one. The Mueller deal still stings, but I dont think we will just be giving away either of those fellas, but nice try!

You gotta be takin the piss right?

Coyote Down Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Choose Your Fourteen Forwards...

I've been reading the camp threads and the GDTs and I'm starting to see this trend of posters stating that they hope Miele makes the team and that they hope MacLean makes the team and that they hope Tikhonov makes the team. While I'm also rooting for these players, I have to wonder how you guys plan to fit them in.

This team will not carry more than fourteen forwards for any extended period of time during the regular season.

Who do you want them to be? ALSO, Paul Bissonnette is going to make the team. He's going to. I'm sorry to all of those who are upset by that, but we all know it's true.

So...Pickem...

13. Bissonnette <---Non-negotiable!

Make that work. Think about both the PP and the PK also being a factor. We can't be exclusively a 5-5 team again this season. Not if we want to avoid a sweep, anyway.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:19 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I've been reading the camp threads and the GDTs and I'm starting to see this trend of posters stating that they hope Miele makes the team and that they hope MacLean makes the team and that they hope Tikhonov makes the team. While I'm also rooting for these players, I have to wonder how you guys plan to fit them in.

This team will not carry more than fourteen forwards for any extended period of time during the regular season.

Who do you want them to be? ALSO, Paul Bissonnette is going to make the team. He's going to. I'm sorry to all of those who are upset by that, but we all know it's true.

So...Pickem...

13. Bissonnette <---Non-negotiable!

Make that work. Think about both the PP and the PK also being a factor. We can't be exclusively a 5-5 team again this season. Not if we want to avoid a sweep, anyway.

I'm guessing Andy for the first three spots..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
zz

1.Doan
2.Langkow
3.Boedker
4.Vrbata
5.Hanzal
6.Whitney
7.Tikhonov
8.Korpikoski
9.Torres
10.Nokelainen
11.Gordon
12.Pyatt
13.Bissonnette <---Non-negotiable!
14.McLean

...and if Turris signs, Korpikoski moves to top wing, Boedker gets on the Turris line, and 14th forward is a toss between Tikhonov and McLean.

There's always the remote chance of trading Pyatt to make room for Turris, McLean & Tikhonov, but I won't hold my breath.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Bandit34

1.Doan
2.Langkow
3.Whitney
4.Vrbata
5.Hanzal
6.MacLean
7.Torres
8.Boedker
9.Korpikoski
10.Pyatt
11.Gordon
12.Bissonnette
13.Hollweg

Centers - Langkow, Hanzal, Korpikoski, Gordon.
PK - Gordon, Hanzal, Korpikoski, Hollweg, Vrbata, Pyatt, Bissonnette (if improved like he desired)

Call ups:

Top 6 injury: O'Sullivan, Miele
Bottom 6 injury: Chipchura, Nokelainen

Last edited by Bandit34: 09-22-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
1.Doan
2.Langkow
3.Boedker
4.Vrbata
5.Hanzal
6.Whitney
7.Tikhonov
8.Korpikoski
9.Torres
10.Nokelainen
11.Gordon
12.Pyatt
13.Bissonnette <---Non-negotiable!
14.McLean

...and if Turris signs, Korpikoski moves to top wing, Boedker gets on the Turris line, and 14th forward is a toss between Tikhonov and McLean.

There's always the remote chance of trading Pyatt to make room for Turris, McLean & Tikhonov, but I won't hold my breath.
I pretty much agree. If Miele really forces himself onto the team it makes things...tough. I hate that mac and tik are out of waiver exemption.

Old
09-22-2011, 06:04 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
I pretty much agree. If Miele really forces himself onto the team it makes things...tough. I hate that mac and tik are out of waiver exemption.
But Miele is still waiver-exempt. As good as he might be, he can start the year in the AHL until they can make room for him.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 06:11 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
But Miele is still waiver-exempt. As good as he might be, he can start the year in the AHL until they can make room for him.
Unless Miele becomes the player everyone is chuckling about.. I'm gonna guess you are right..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Bandit34

Since Hollweg was cut, I meant Chipchura

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 06:24 PM
zz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Exactly. There's no good reason to put Miele in the lineup early in the season. Give him some time to learn the pro game playing against older guys. Figure out whether this team clicks or not, maybe ship one or two guy out of town, and give him a chance mid-season if he lights it up in the AHL.

Our focus right now should be on McLean and Tikhonov. We have to get a clear idea about whether or not these 2 are going to stick in the big league.

Old
09-22-2011, 06:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit34 View Post
Since Hollweg was cut, I meant Chipchura
I'm actually a little surprised Hollweg was cut so early. Same with Stone.

The other 16 guys were not suprise cuts.

Old
09-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Magnifique

I thought Chipchura and Sully looked pretty good. I was hoping they would look mediocre; they disappointed me by playing well. Now I would think DT would add them to the mix with Miele, Mac, and Tik. Five players for what, two spots? It is going to be a tense camp for some of these guys.

It probably won't happen, but I wish we would get rid of Pyatt. I like him, I really do, but as far as what he adds to the team, we have other players that would likely add the same if not more when given a chance.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:21 PM
zz

Quote:
I actually completely forgot about POS. Damn, this is going to be one tough camp. Not a whole lot of room for either of those 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
It probably won't happen, but I wish we would get rid of Pyatt. I like him, I really do, but as far as what he adds to the team, we have other players that would likely add the same if not more when given a chance.
You know, with this pile of young guys fighting for a spot, Pyatt's days as a Coyote might very well be numbered. I'll be pissed if Mc Lean, Tikhonov and O'Sullivan all work their ass off and show great upside at camp only to see one of them waived because of Taylor 'teddy bear' Pyatt.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:08 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
You know, with this pile of young guys fighting for a spot, Pyatt's days as a Coyote might very well be numbered. I'll be pissed if Mc Lean, Tikhonov and O'Sullivan all work their ass off and show great upside at camp only to see one of them waived because of Taylor 'teddy bear' Pyatt.
Pyatt did manage to score 18 goals last season. I'd be shocked if Tikhonov pulled that off, and moderately surprised if Mac did. The only reason I would be annoyed with keeping him over the youth is based on who is in net and the likely hood this team is worth a damn in 2 months. I hope they find a way to keep them on the roster but I seriously doubt Pyatt's 18 goals go anywhere before the season starts.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:27 PM
zz

Quote:
Pyatt did manage to score 18 goals last season. I'd be shocked if Tikhonov pulled that off, and moderately surprised if Mac did. The only reason I would be annoyed with keeping him over the youth is based on who is in net and the likely hood this team is worth a damn in 2 months. I hope they find a way to keep them on the roster but I seriously doubt Pyatt's 18 goals go anywhere before the season starts.
Let me put this way: would you rather risk a 5-goal production drop this season and retain 23 year-old Tikhonov's rights or waive the kid and keep 30 year-old Pyatt for one more year?

Last edited by zz: 09-22-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old
09-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Magnifique

Quote:
Call me bias, but I feel comfortable saying Mac can rather easily net 18+ goals in a season by the time he is 30. I believe what zz is saying, is that do we keep a guy who likely peaked already over a few others who can put up similar numbers right now, and much better numbers in the future?

It is a legit question.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It is.

We also have to consider being physically run over by a relatively soft team in the post-season.

Old
09-23-2011, 04:13 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Turris to Leafs for Bozak??

Damian Cox seems to like it....

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...ption-for-leaf

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Look like he does not with this line: "This isnít a deal that is about to happen by any means."

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 08:29 AM
ZenBaja

waivers

So....if what I'm reading here is true, Maclean - even though he is on a 2way deal, would need to clear waivers before being sent down?

Is there a list of these kinds of players anywhere?

ZenBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 08:45 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I don't lend any sort of legitimacy to the article, or anything, but I wouldn't be suicidal if we moved Turris to Toronto. I'd want Bozak AND another asset, though. They've got a bunch of interesting forward prospects. Package Bozak up with whoever our scouts like the most out of Ross, Caputi, D'Amigo, Ryan, Colborne, and McKegg. Bozak is a decent fill in who has his own untapped potential. Those forward prospects obviously do, as well.

Plus, I like the odds that Turris goes to the hockey mecca, folds under the pressure, pulls a massive choke job, and flames out.

At this point, that's worth something all on its own.