HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Mason Raymond's Career in Jeopardy?

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2011, 11:59 PM
metric

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Can't find any information on Edler. Is he fully healed and ready to go this season?
Not 100% yet as of a couple of weeks ago.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:47 AM
MTechnik
Clutch

vCash: 105
If secondary scoring struggle could the Sedins be split up to balance the offense?

Sturm-Henrik-Burrows
Daniel-Hodgson-Samuelsson
Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen
Plug-Lappy-Plug

Old
09-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Kesler View Post
If secondary scoring struggle could the Sedins be split up to balance the offense?

Sturm-Henrik-Burrows
Daniel-Hodgson-Samuelsson
Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen
Plug-Lappy-Plug

NO

Old
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post

NO
Although there were times in the playoffs last season thatI thought AV should split them up and throw off the other teams game plan..... the Chicago series in particular.

Old
09-15-2011, 10:17 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Although there were times in the playoffs last season thatI thought AV should split them up and throw off the other teams game plan..... the Chicago series in particular.
Yeah, I don't think that this has been tried enough. We all know what happened a couple of years back when Daniel went down for a few (19?) games. Henrik stopped continually looking for his brother and started popping goals. I think that they need to use this strategy occasionally, especially at even strength.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Yeah, I don't think that this has been tried enough. We all know what happened a couple of years back when Daniel went down for a few (19?) games. Henrik stopped continually looking for his brother and started popping goals. I think that they need to use this strategy occasionally, especially at even strength.
I totally agree. Everyone writes this off as an option. Datsyuk and Zetterberg play GREAT together, but when a scoring slump occurs they mix it up. I don't see why we can't try it, it doesn't have to be PUNISHMENT per say for the Sedins, more of a way of throwing off the other teams strategy.

Sturm-Sedin-Samuelsson
Sedin-Kesler-Burrows

I would have liked to see that. We're always looking for that all-star winger for Kes right? Why not toss Daniel in there 5v5 sometimes in the post season, especially during scoring droughts or when two top defenders are starting to shut the Sedins down. This forces the Sedins to switch their style up a bit, which they can do, and makes them a bit more unpredictable.

In the playoffs it's a completely different game, I would have loved to see this tried when the scoring dried up last year.

Old
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
metric

#Canucks AV: Both Ryan Kesler and Mason Raymond are indefinite... Malhotra has been cleared for light contact... 2-3 weeks away
-TSNFarhanLalji

Old
09-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Oh good, Malhotra is cleared for light contact....again...

Old
09-16-2011, 12:32 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

wtf..that makes our top 3 centers questionable at best

Old
09-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Crows*

So.. No manny and kes to start? ****!

Guess lappy will be lapping up 3rd line centre minutes for the first while.

Old
09-16-2011, 12:45 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
To be fair to the situation, I think there is a bit of revisionist history in this statement. IIRC Henrik dropped to a PPG pace where he was up at 1.5 for the rest of the season (though how could you expect him to keep that pace up when he lost an all-star winger is unreasonable). Over those 17-19 games I can't remember how many goal Hank scored but I believe it was around 7. As a subset of those he had a hat trick. I remember this being one of the least visually appealing hat ticks ever, a "play makers hat trick". Now again it's not fair to simply take this away from him because he DID score 3 goals that night and four more in the remaining games. My point is more that Henrik didn't turn into a prolific goal scorer, he looked for shots more indeed. But there is no doubt in my mind that if Daniel was around for those games, Henriks PPG would have gone up.

All this being said, never hurts to show Henrik his GWG against LA game 5 two years ago :p

Old
09-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Ernie

step away from the cliff, kids.

it was no secret that Malhotra had a couple of more surgeries to undergo this summer. he obviously was going to need some recovery time afterwards, they timed things so that he'd be ready to start the season.

Old
09-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Wow... So many injuries to start the season...

I hope this is a blessing in disguise and all of our guys will be healthy and well rested come the playoffs.

Old
09-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
To be fair to the situation, I think there is a bit of revisionist history in this statement. IIRC Henrik dropped to a PPG pace where he was up at 1.5 for the rest of the season (though how could you expect him to keep that pace up when he lost an all-star winger is unreasonable). Over those 17-19 games I can't remember how many goal Hank scored but I believe it was around 7. As a subset of those he had a hat trick. I remember this being one of the least visually appealing hat ticks ever, a "play makers hat trick". Now again it's not fair to simply take this away from him because he DID score 3 goals that night and four more in the remaining games. My point is more that Henrik didn't turn into a prolific goal scorer, he looked for shots more indeed. But there is no doubt in my mind that if Daniel was around for those games, Henriks PPG would have gone up.

All this being said, never hurts to show Henrik his GWG against LA game 5 two years ago :p
I think it was about 10 goals in that stretch, IIRC. But with that said, I do generally agree with the gist of your post.

Old
09-16-2011, 01:31 PM
hoodstar

10 goals and 8 assists in the span of 17 games for H. Sedin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...vLYF?year=2009

comparing with D. Sedin's missed days from oct 11 to nov 20th

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/playe...fgM6?year=2009

The good thing about D. Sedin is his versatility. He can be a goal scorer as well as a playmaker. Not sure if he can play with Kesler though as Kesler didn't seem to be able to play with the Sedins when he was paired up with them (before the Burrows experiment became a success).

Old
09-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodstar View Post
10 goals and 8 assists in the span of 17 games for H. Sedin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...vLYF?year=2009

comparing with D. Sedin's missed days from oct 11 to nov 20th

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/playe...fgM6?year=2009

The good thing about D. Sedin is his versatility. He can be a goal scorer as well as a playmaker. Not sure if he can play with Kesler though as Kesler didn't seem to be able to play with the Sedins when he was paired up with them (before the Burrows experiment became a success).
But the style the line plays will be different with only 1 sedin compared to 2 sedins.

Old
09-16-2011, 01:58 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post

Hard to argue with the facts. But I don't think any of the suggestions were oriented around a permanent move. Just occasionally breaking them up to give our forward lines a different look and then force the opposition into different defensive models. And of course you'd want them out together on any PP time so it would be limited to occasional even strength strategies.

Old
09-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Canucks’ Mason Raymond not sure he’ll play again, still out indefinitely with broken back

He also received a text from Boychuk. Something about that sounds familiar.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 09-22-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old
09-22-2011, 06:31 PM
EskemoJoe

Flip, that sucks

Cue the "should have traded Raymond not Grabner" talk.

Old
09-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Tiranis

Nothing all that new in that article aside from the inaccurate, sensationalist headline. Vancouver Sun at its 'best'.

Old
09-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Nothing all that new in that article aside from the inaccurate, sensationalist headline. Vancouver Sun at its 'best'.
ChairmanMaouth
@
@imacVanSun Do you have a quote from MR where he said he may not play again? I see nothing in the body that proves the headline. Thx
19 minutes ago

Old
09-22-2011, 07:14 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Canucks’ Mason Raymond not sure he’ll play again, still out indefinitely with broken back

He also received a text from Boychuk. Something about that sounds familiar.
Just more Bruin hypocrisy, nothing new here. Not one Bruin fan will have an issue with the text message apology, nor will the organization and no one will call them on it either.

The double standard that encompasses that franchise has been shocking. They've nearly killed to players in Pacioretty and Raymond with little or no remorse but at the same time, they have an unbelievable sense of indignation and self righteousness when they feel they've been wronged.

I hope and am pretty confident Raymond makes a full recovery, feel very bad for the kid but as he said, he's lucky to be walking and that's more important than a hockey career.

Old
09-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
ChairmanMaouth
@
@imacVanSun Do you have a quote from MR where he said he may not play again? I see nothing in the body that proves the headline. Thx
19 minutes ago
imacVanSun Iain MacIntyre
@
@ChairmanMaouth Yes, Raymond said at 1 pt there's no gurantee he'll get back, but he is hopeful and believes he's on track.
5 minutes ago

Old
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Canuckommunist

Oh nice, a text message.

"sry for endin ur career bro, dint mean 2, hope u recover sum day, g2g my day wit the cup."

. Still amazing there was no penalty on the play. Shanahan seems to be taking a no prisoners approach, hopefully this means things like this won't be happening again.

Old
09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
NuxFan09

Man, I don't need to see this crap (referring to the little piece on TSN before the game).

Closed Thread