HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Spezza family believes he is going to be a Leaf

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

vCash: 500
Oh God, no... please no... this is the worst thing that could have ever happened to this MB.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by peon View Post
I guess if he really doesn't believe it why put it up? Obviously either to gain followers or upset one of the fanbases for a bit of fun.

Either way, never liked the guy and never will.
Because his opinion doesn't matter. As a sports reporter/journalist his opinion is irrelevant, you're supposed to report the news not give your opinion. Who cares if he believes it or not, he posted it cause it's newsworthy.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
DG

Seriously - again - am I the only one in here who doesn't think this account is real?

Or are we all too busy ******** on each others' players to consider that possibility?

Old
birddog*

Everyone in this thread thinks they are the 'authority' on the subject.

Old
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Is this even a real account? Tweeting since... oh I don't know, today? And Dave Hodge is a Wilco fan? ok then.
Wait is this true?

Old
09-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Sureves

To be honest, this makes no sense - unless Spezza has made trade "comments" again...I mean, we really really REALLY can't afford to lose Spezza...and we have too many defenseman as it is...so what would be coming back that makes sense from a Leafs POV?

I really wouldn't be happy with Kadri + 1st + something mediocore, but that's really the only trade that would make sense...

Hopefully this is wrong.

Old
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

I dont get why everyone is talking about a trade instead of the chance of FA :/ that I can see happening. A trade maybe, but FA for sure it could happen.

Old
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Seriously - again - am I the only one in here who doesn't think this account is real?

Or are we all too busy ******** on each others' players to consider that possibility?
It is real it was confirmed by dreger earlier today.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:06 PM
grah7830

Quote:

It's real: http://www.tsn.ca/twitter/

Old
09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Ibrahim
I Am A God

Dave Hodge............

Old
09-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Just Hodge's way of breaking the ice with twitter. Relax.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:10 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
were all fans and we all love our teams..I didnt mean to offend any leafs fans this guy Hodge obviously does not represnt the leafs fans.....

All Im saying is it so hard to believe that Tavares actually likes Long Island?

Mayby I should not but I take it personally when people from other places speak bad about LOng Island because Im born and Raised here.....The Majority of players that have played here STAY here on the Island to Raise thier Families and live....even after they have no more Afiliation with the Isles organization.....
Absolutely. LI is a beautiful place with anything you could ever want within an hour drive... Anyone who's ever been to the island would never question wanting to be there, IMO it was more about ownership/management. Wong was perceived as someone with no clue about hockey and the team was his toy. Garth Snow has done a solid job and IMO JT wouldn't have been so inclined a few years ago.

And I think Leaf fans are sometimes overly offensive or defensive because they can do no right on these boards. They're trolled and flamed by everyone no matter what the situation.... And the funny part is, look at how many players come from southern Ontario and grew up as Leaf fans... For a bunch of idiots, it's quite a hockey hotbed for talent.

Re; the OP... His family is from B town and they're huge Leaf fans.. It might just be wishful thinking, although Hodge is usually pretty good... Where there's smoke there's usually fire... But then again it could always be someones crack pipe smoking.

Old
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
dreger seems to have verified this account as the real dave hodge...

DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 View Post
It is real it was confirmed by dreger earlier today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grah7830 View Post
Ah ok thanks!

Old
09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Ah ok thanks!
Scary I know . I feel like I have been twitter trolled.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
SoulPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
I could see this being true.

It would take place during the trade deadline though and Burke is willing to talk to any GM (Boston - Toronto trade, the little banter with Bryan Murray at the draft) he's shown he's willing to trade anywhere. The big thing that determines this deal is the Leafs position at the deadline. If Toronto is in a playoff race I see Burke doing this, dumping off most likely Connolly or Grabovski along wiht picks and prospects.
That's great that Burkie may want to do this come trade deadline but why does Ottawa do this? Why do we want to downgrade? Because a family member(s) who is a leaf fan goes spouting at the mouth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut 83 View Post
personally i don't want anything to do with spezza. i'd hate to give up a player like kadri in a package for him, that's for sure.
That's great. I want no part in downgrading from Spezza to Kadri, all while hoping that one day he'll reach Spezza's level.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:17 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

I would laugh so hard if Spezza magically ended up in Blue and White.

I can't imagine it'd be a pretty trade for the Sens though.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Rickety Cricket

A+++++ Thread! Would Read Again!!!

Old
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
To be honest, this makes no sense - unless Spezza has made trade "comments" again...I mean, we really really REALLY can't afford to lose Spezza...and we have too many defenseman as it is...so what would be coming back that makes sense from a Leafs POV?

I really wouldn't be happy with Kadri + 1st + something mediocore, but that's really the only trade that would make sense...

Hopefully this is wrong.
It would have to be based on how long Bryan Murray thinks the rebuild will take. Having 2/3 extra 1st round picks goes a long way, regardless of where abouts they are in the draft, people don't give them up for cheap anymore.

I'm assuming Murray would ask for Colborne since your C depth would be Ziba - Regin - Stone? and a giant 2-way playmaker would be nice. Maybe Kadri? Frattin could also be of interest because of his size, heavy shot and recent progress. Maybe add one of the Leafs goalies to Ottawa in case Lehner takes a step back in development?

There's a lot the Leafs could offer. Not top end blue chippers but a nice package overall that puts the Sens in a great position for the rebuild which is exactly what Murray is charged with doing for the team.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:19 PM
TML4eva*

If voracek and 1st got carter, then it will be probably be around kadri+1st+D'amigo (good solid forward) or Colborne+Frattin (very good powerforward) +1st+Rynass (if lehner pans out, rated 8D, Btw)

Old
09-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatch View Post

That's great. I want no part in downgrading from Spezza to Kadri, all while hoping that one day he'll reach Spezza's level.
um, okay. not sure why you felt compelled to respond to me with that.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

This is the best I've heard, credit to SensJersey11:

"Hey Jason, I know we just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars marketing you all over the city over the last two months; we've put your face, literally, on every piece of Sens promo space (right next to our 20th anniversary logo, actually... you remember that huge year-long celebration that we're going to be pushing literally the entire season?), we've told you that you are our future captain, we've featured you in every clip about the future of our hockey club, and you are going to be the main voice of the Sens to our fans for the forseeable future...

... but you know what? NAAAAHHHH, let's trade you to the Leafs instead! YEAH, THAT'S A GREAT EFFING IDEA. That way, ALL SEASON, whenever a Sens fan looks at ANY of the marketing we've done for this season, they'll be reminded of the fact that we traded you to our BIGGEST rival.

OH, and of course, we're ALSO going to have you personally visit every one of our season ticket holders, and kick them in the balls on your way to Toronto, just so they know how badly we screwed over their loyalty to us during a rebuilding season."

Old
09-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Colbourne + Kulemin?

Old
09-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Land View Post
If voracek and 1st got carter, then it will be probably be around kadri+1st+D'amigo (good solid forward) or Colborne+Frattin (very good powerforward) +1st+Rynass (if lehner pans out, rated 8D, Btw)
Holy ****, that must mean he's good

Kind of funny, but posting HF Rankings is relatively pointless.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
stavs

Want nothing to do with spezza he has the skill its just his half assed playing style and sheer laziness that makes.it hard for.me to.give up anything of high value for him

Closed Thread