HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anders Lindback

Old
09-23-2011, 10:28 AM
HockeyFan1979

vCash: 500
Anders Lindback

Hey guys, whats the status on Lindback? Is he the real deal? Will he back up Rinne this year?

Any other young studs making noise that may make the team?

HockeyFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan1979 View Post
Hey guys, whats the status on Lindback? Is he the real deal? Will he back up Rinne this year?

Any other young studs making noise that may make the team?
Lindback is really, really good. He's got the backup spot locked up and has a good shot at being either a starter or a 1A option in the near future.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:02 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I would hope he isn't used as a 1A unless we have to let Rinne walk. Rinne plays much better when he is given a ton of games.

Lindback has the skill and athleticism to be a great goaltender. He's still young, and goalies tend to develop a little bit later than other positions. I think Mitch Korn will help to mold him into a solid starter at the very least.

Guys behind him are Pickard, Smith, and Engren. I don't think any of those three will be in position to overtake Lindback's spot anytime soon.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Qubax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I would hope he isn't used as a 1A unless we have to let Rinne walk. Rinne plays much better when he is given a ton of games.

Lindback has the skill and athleticism to be a great goaltender. He's still young, and goalies tend to develop a little bit later than other positions. I think Mitch Korn will help to mold him into a solid starter at the very least.

Guys behind him are Pickard, Smith, and Engren. I don't think any of those three will be in position to overtake Lindback's spot anytime soon.
What about Hellberg? I know he's overseas. But he was passed over in a draft, is a little older, and playing professional hockey. Could he not be 2 years from NA, and thus pushing for NHL time?

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I doubt he'll be in Nashville long. Once we get Rinne re-upped, Lindback wont wait forever.

Old
09-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I doubt he'll be in Nashville long. Once we get Rinne re-upped, Lindback wont wait forever.
I don't think he'll want to test the goalie market the way it is. I know it varies from year to year but it seems everyone is set in that regard with the exception of a few teams. I mean everyone thought Vokoun was going to get a 5+ year multimillion dollar contract, instead there wasn't as much demand and he ended up settling with 3m for 2 years. If I were Lindback, I'd play it safe.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I don't think he'll want to test the goalie market the way it is. I know it varies from year to year but it seems everyone is set in that regard with the exception of a few teams. I mean everyone thought Vokoun was going to get a 5+ year multimillion dollar contract, instead there wasn't as much demand and he ended up settling with 3m for 2 years. If I were Lindback, I'd play it safe.
Vokoun settled for less money to go to a good team. plus, Lindback is younger and has more potential. Someone will be willing to pay him as much as we will, and they can offer him a more playing time.

Old
09-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Vokoun settled for less money to go to a good team. plus, Lindback is younger and has more potential. Someone will be willing to pay him as much as we will, and they can offer him a more playing time.
I can understand Vokoun settling for less money, but looking around the league, nobody was either willing to pay up or offer him the length of contract he wanted. I think he got caught and in the end he ended up with alot less money than he would ever think, even on a cup-contending team. I would also argue that Lindback doesn't have MORE potential than Vokoun. Lets hold our breath on that remark utill we see Lindback take over the reigns. Everyone looks good in a small sample size.

Old
09-23-2011, 01:14 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

do we not own Lindback for the foreseeable future? He won't get much as an RFA. What does Schneider make? subtract half a mil from that and you have lindback's next contract. In all honesty, we still don't know what we have in the kid. 20 games isn't a big enough sample size to put a true value on him. What we do know is that he has #1 potential. What we don't know is durability, how he handles pressure, etc. We won't know about that unless one of three things happen: 1)Rinne gets hurt early and out for the year, 2) Rinne Leaves or 3) he is traded to a team in desperate need of a goalie/package for an upgrade in our skating corps.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
pekkaslap

There's a really good chance we won't pay Rinne (*shock*), so we better hope he's ready to handle the full load next year.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:22 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
There's a really good chance we won't pay Rinne (*shock*), so we better hope he's ready to handle the full load next year.
i dont know why you say that.

we paid dunham when his time came, and we paid Vokoun.

we will pay rinne unless he either wants stupid money(anything over 6 mil) or stupid years (anything more than 6)

Lindback will be our backup this year and next. By then I expect either Smith or Engren will have established themselves as a solid #1 in Milwaukee. Then it will come down to which chip we trade. If Rinne signs a shorter deal we probably keep Lindback. If Rinne signs for 5 or more, Lindback is probably trade bait

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 04:06 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
I believe Vokoun got only one year at $1.5 million.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I believe Vokoun got only one year at $1.5 million.
Correct. My mistake.

Old
09-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I can understand Vokoun settling for less money, but looking around the league, nobody was either willing to pay up or offer him the length of contract he wanted. I think he got caught and in the end he ended up with alot less money than he would ever think, even on a cup-contending team. I would also argue that Lindback doesn't have MORE potential than Vokoun. Lets hold our breath on that remark utill we see Lindback take over the reigns. Everyone looks good in a small sample size.
My bad, didn't clarify.

Lindback probably will never be better than Voky in his prime, but if I'm a GM signing a goalie to let me win for 10 more years, Lindy is the obvious choice.