HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Idiot fan

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2011, 10:48 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Disgusting, no other way to put it. Well, and very very sad. Growing up and living in such a diverse area, I sometimes forget that people are still that raciest.

Old
09-23-2011, 11:33 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

The most effective response would be to identify the culprit, call the police, have him arrested and charged with breaking whatever laws apply, give him his day in court and have him punished. It might feel good to dish out some "street justice", but to have the government fulfill it's responsibility to it's citizens by rendering justice would resonate more with everyone involved.

Old
09-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
I hope the person that did this gets hit by a car.

Old
09-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
The most effective response would be to identify the culprit, call the police, have him arrested and charged with breaking whatever laws apply, give him his day in court and have him punished. It might feel good to dish out some "street justice", but to have the government fulfill it's responsibility to it's citizens by rendering justice would resonate more with everyone involved.
I'm not sure what law he broke other than being an *******, which is obviously not illegal. I don't know if I've ever heard of someone having charges pressed against them for throwing something onto the ice. Banned from the arena, sure, but arrested & prosecuted? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Old
09-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I'm not sure what law he broke other than being an *******, which is obviously not illegal. I don't know if I've ever heard of someone having charges pressed against them for throwing something onto the ice. Banned from the arena, sure, but arrested & prosecuted? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Canada has laws about hate speech. Not sure if this is punishable but they are a lot less tolerant (not sure if that is the word) to this sort of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Canada

And somebody should have shoved that ****ing banana down that jack ***** throat.

Old
09-23-2011, 12:07 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
I agree completely with your sentiments in this reply. You have outlined the perfect way that this should be handled.

Also in an ideal world I would like to believe that this is the way it would be handled but in the world where we live we are far more likely to see a giant pink unicorn fly down from the sky riding a rainbow shooting stars out of its eye's to subdue this person then see what you are describing.

It is the failing of our social contract via the manner in which our laws are enforced that has lead to a rise in vigilantism not only in North America but around most of the world.

Old
09-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yep, hit and run over by a car a couple of times. Then get pissed and defecated on by a bum.
I like your style!

Old
09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well, I'm sure if the economy were better, fried chicken would have been tossed. I kid, I kid.

Yep, hit and run over by a car a couple of times. Then get pissed and defecated on by a bum.
Isn't that hateful wishing?

Old
09-23-2011, 01:32 PM
lak4ever

****ing disgusting!

Old
09-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Defgarden

What if the guy was just trying to be stupid funny and not racist?

Old
09-23-2011, 02:14 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post

Yes, you bring a banana to a game to be stupid funny....

Old
09-23-2011, 02:49 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
A possibility that white guilt won't allow for...

I'm just as disgusted by people's reactions to this as I am by the act itself. Insisting on violence against someone for throwing a banana, regardless of intention, is just as reprehensible to me as throwing the banana. It was stupid, but responding with ignorant violence is pathetic.

I read people saying things like "all bigots should be flogged and beaten", which is insane. Whatever happened to the American way? The one that says I will defend your right to have an opinion I despise? If your response is "but he threw something on the ice"... well then in that sense its really no worse than throwing anything on the ice. It's not a ****ing hate crime, its a stupid gesture made by someone who may or may not be, but most likely is, a racist. Big deal.

Old
09-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

I'm just as disgusted by people's reactions to this as I am by the act itself. Insisting on violence against someone for throwing a banana, regardless of intention, is just as reprehensible to me as throwing the banana. It was stupid, but responding with ignorant violence is pathetic.

I read people saying things like "all bigots should be flogged and beaten", which is insane. Whatever happened to the American way? The one that says I will defend your right to have an opinion I despise? If your response is "but he threw something on the ice"... well then in that sense its really no worse than throwing anything on the ice. It's not a ****ing hate crime, its a stupid gesture made by someone who may or may not be, but most likely is, a racist. Big deal.
Generally I'd agree because I'm fully against violence of any kind. However, if somebody took the banana and shoved it in the face of the a-hole that did it as I suggested, I'd laugh. Better yet, I'd love to see somebody rent a billboard with the guys picture that says "Hi, name is <insert name>. I'm a racist". It is shameful that somebody would do something like that. I'm all for free speech and if he'd like to drop the "n" word on the street or have a KKK rally, good for him. But bringing your politics to a sporting event is unnecessary and I hope people shame anyone else who does something like that.

I highly doubt the person was trying to be stupid funny. You would throw the peel, not the whole banana. Throwing a banana on the field at black players has been happening in European soccer for a while.

Old
09-23-2011, 03:26 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

How about if the same imbecile wore a shirt saying "I hate N******", is that ok? Is that consider freedom of speech?

If someone is ignorant then so be it. But sometimes, there will be consequences to one's ignorance.

Old
09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
It was in Canada... they have laws that make prosecution a possibility if this was racially motivated.

This is being discussed elsewhere, and given where this thread is headed, it's better off closed.

Closed Thread