HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Game in London Ontario

Old
09-20-2011, 03:59 PM
fanboy55

vCash: 500
Pre-Season Game in London Ontario

I live near here and would like to try to get some autographs. Do you think the Wings will travel in the night before or just travel in on game day and go straight to the arena? Any advice would be appreciated.

fanboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 07:53 AM
MissNHL

The Wings will be practicing in Traverse City before flying to London, OT.

MissNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 08:59 AM
67coach

According to 97.1 The Ticket, a COMPLETE MORON of a fan threw a Banana at the feet of Wayne Simmons last night.

I thought that our sport had managed to exclude this type of behaviour and that our arena's would have much more success in taking care of IDIOTS like this.

Apparently.....Nobody could point out the culprit to security.

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:15 AM
67coach

MOD

Hockey has become a sport where African Americans can play without any of this garbage going on and then this happens.

How funny would it have been if Simmons had seen who did this and went in to the stands and beat the guy with his stick? (I know I would have)

This kind of disgusting behaviour (that you want to make light of) causes all kinds of implications to the NHL.

From all accounts Wayne Simmons was actually pretty shook up by all of this and I don't blame him.

Some of the players have put up a $1,000.00 reward for imformation leading to the arrest of this imbiscile

Last edited by Fugu: 09-23-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: quotes deleted post (qdp)
67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
According to 97.1 The Ticket, a COMPLETE MORON of a fan threw a Banana at the feet of Wayne Simmons last night.

I thought that our sport had managed to exclude this type of behaviour and that our arena's would have much more success in taking care of IDIOTS like this.

Apparently.....Nobody could point out the culprit to security.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=376489

Unreal...

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Marky9er

Makes me so sick to see this happen, in Ontario no less. London has a reputation for having a rowdy college/university crowd....looks like a stupid attempt at sideshow humor. Oddly enough I've encountered ignorant/rude London(Knights) fans in the past.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:35 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Obviously a bad thing, but don't blow it out of proportion either, it's one guy, doesn't mean London, ON stands for that sort of thing.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Shoalzie

Yeah, if you're going to paint all of London or Ontario for that matter with a broad brush...you're really no better than the clown that threw the banana. Making a ignorant broad judgments about a whole group of people...not too good.

Old
09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post

Quote:
"I don't know if it had anything to do with the fact I'm black," the Toronto native said. "I certainly hope not. When you're black, you kind of expect (racist) things. You learn to deal with it."
The banana rattled him, he said, and his only thought was to get off a shot.
"It shocked me and knew I had to keep going and get a shot off. It was certainly unusual."

This makes me very sad.

Old
09-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Yeah, if you're going to paint all of London or Ontario for that matter with a broad brush...you're really no better than the clown that threw the banana. Making a ignorant broad judgments about a whole group of people...not too good.

I hope your not referring to my comments, because you'd be way off. If you are, I'm sorry but the # of idiots in London is >1. Unless it was the same idiot, who knows.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Fugu

vCash:
From MLive:

Quote:
The Red Wings also denounced the act.
“It's absolutely disgraceful, but what I liked about what happened was the kid buried it, never missed a beat, never responded,'' coach Mike Babcock said. "We're way past that, way past that.''
Simmonds scored on the play. Jordan Pearce was in goal for Detroit. He said the peel landed near the top of the faceoff circle as Simmonds was coming down the ice.
“I didn't realize what it was until after the game,'' Pearce said. "It's very shocking and a little disturbing. It landed so close to where he was it threw me off for a second. He made a great move and a good goal in the shootout.''
Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula, who watched from the bench, said, “That should not happen, and it’s unnecessary. That should not be a part of any sports. It was kind of quiet, I thought, and seemed like everyone was wondering what happened.

Old
09-23-2011, 02:48 PM
crashman

vCash: 714
What's ridiculous is that it was premeditated, unless the choice of fruit was pure coincidence in this unfortunate case. Some people are just pure evil.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post

I hope your not referring to my comments, because you'd be way off. If you are, I'm sorry but the # of idiots in London is >1. Unless it was the same idiot, who knows.

It was more a general statement. Probably some dum-dum in the media will take a jab at hockey or hockey fans for something like this and use it as an opportunity to blast the sport or the fans or Canada. I'm just saying anyone that takes it to the point of calling a whole group of people racist or ignorant is...ignorant. I'm sure there are racists everywhere (unfortunately).