HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

nhl gamecenterlive

Old
09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

vCash: 500
nhl gamecenterlive

So, currently i'm at a decision point.
I am wanting to be able to get all the habs games this season and have two routes available to me, but have questions which I do not have answers to. I currently live between Toronto and Ottawa (closer to toronto though). If I was to order nhl game center, do they show all the habs games? has anyone purchased this in the past and know the answer to this question?

Purchasing this would save me money in the long run due to the fact I'd have to pay to get cable tv and then pay to get the rds package which runs around 40$ a month totalincluding taxes.

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 04:01 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
So, currently i'm at a decision point.
I am wanting to be able to get all the habs games this season and have two routes available to me, but have questions which I do not have answers to. I currently live between Toronto and Ottawa (closer to toronto though). If I was to order nhl game center, do they show all the habs games? has anyone purchased this in the past and know the answer to this question?

Purchasing this would save me money in the long run due to the fact I'd have to pay to get cable tv and then pay to get the rds package which runs around 40$ a month totalincluding taxes.
I think you'd get jipped out of every Habs vs Leafs game.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 04:11 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I think you'd get jipped out of every Habs vs Leafs game.
he could just watch the habs/leafs games on cbc.ca live stream and the rest on gamecenter

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

i had gamecenter for a lot of last year. i switched over to hockeystreams.com, which has every possible game, the ability to rewatch games or watch games you missed, and higher resolution and better quality streams.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 04:29 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
i had gamecenter for a lot of last year. i switched over to hockeystreams.com, which has every possible game, the ability to rewatch games or watch games you missed, and higher resolution and better quality streams.
that sounds pretty good

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Thierrynski

NHL Gamecenter live is great! But for your situation I'm not sure what the best solution is. I live in Asia so it is the only way for me to get games and there are never any blackouts.

Thierrynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:13 PM
compile

vCash: 611
I had Gamecenter last year and its a p.o.s.

Biggest waste of my $$ ever. Come play off time you'll have to re-sub to watch anything.

I just use http://*************/ which has multiple sports and is 100% free.

Or http://www.justin.tv/exou09#/w/1810829280/2 if you don't mind RDS/French feeds.
(if that doesn't work just search for exnordic in google).

Seeing hockeystreams i may be interested if they are in HD

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

gamecenter was ********. i live in milwaukee and if a game was on vs (on a weeknight, they often were) it would be blacked out. the feeds weren't very good, and hockey streams is much better. they had 720p during the playoffs, i would maybe try to buy a day membership and see how you like it. i find the streams to be top notch.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:20 AM
sakiaba

The reason I've stayed away from hockeystreams is that they could be shut down tomorrow, as they seem to be operating in a legal grey area, to put it charitably (obviously, this is true of other streaming sites, which hasn't stopped me from using them when needed, but those sites don't charge $100/year!). They've been around for a few years, though, which has made me think twice... Does anyone know where they get their streams? And are they the same ones that anyone could just chase down for themselves?

I know that Game Center is quite a bit more expensive, but the risk of losing my money has kept me there (or with the slightly crappier European equivalent, ESPN360), and I have no complaints about the quality of feeds. The good news for those of us outside North America is that apparently we will now be allowed to sign up for the same version North Americans get, meaning that we can choose to watch the home or away stream. Do you know what was worse than watching the Canadiens get eliminated by Boston in OT of game 7? Being forced to listen to Jack Edwards while it happened.

sakiaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 04:34 PM
FranksterQc

So, Im currently in california, tv is not an option, if I did get gamecenter would I be able to watch every habs game? Would the feed habs feed be RDS?

What about hockeystreams? what feed would that be?

Last edited by FranksterQc: 09-25-2011 at 04:41 PM.
FranksterQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Moscowitz

Curious about blackout restrictions in the US as well. If the Habs game is nationally broadcast on CBC on a Saturday in Canada, will it be blacked out in the US as well?

Moscowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

As far as I remember, Hockeystreams is usually either RDS or CBC. I might be wrong, though. To me, those are the two best possible feeds, if I ever have to listen to Jack Edwards narrate Chara's hit on Pacioretty ever again I might off myself. Scarred for life.

Old
09-28-2011, 07:29 AM
ZiggyC

Hey guys, as a Habs fan living in the Maritimes, how many Habs games would be blacked out on gamecenter live? I have no clue because I just moved back to Canada and I haven't got around to getting satelite tv. I'm not much for watching tv, only habs games

ZiggyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiaba View Post
I know that Game Center is quite a bit more expensive, but the risk of losing my money has kept me there (or with the slightly crappier European equivalent, ESPN360), and I have no complaints about the quality of feeds. The good news for those of us outside North America is that apparently we will now be allowed to sign up for the same version North Americans get, meaning that we can choose to watch the home or away stream. Do you know what was worse than watching the Canadiens get eliminated by Boston in OT of game 7? Being forced to listen to Jack Edwards while it happened.
I know your pain. Pretty horrific wasn't it. At least with GCL this year, as you said, it will be possible to avoid the NESN feed. And the Pens feed whenever we play them too. And I'm looking forward to watching 4 games at once. I was messing about with the features in GCL last night and it was a much more comprehensive service than ESPN provided online. If we still get all the games like ESPN gave us then that's fantastic.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Komarov47

i'm registered on Nhltorrent.co.uk and i'm fine with it ! i'm able to see every game broadcasted on RDS

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
sakiaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I know your pain. Pretty horrific wasn't it. At least with GCL this year, as you said, it will be possible to avoid the NESN feed. And the Pens feed whenever we play them too. And I'm looking forward to watching 4 games at once. I was messing about with the features in GCL last night and it was a much more comprehensive service than ESPN provided online. If we still get all the games like ESPN gave us then that's fantastic.
Glad you posted this - I hadn't known that registration was open yet and just signed up! No more NESN! And yes, I heard the NESN take on the Pacioretty/Chara incident, too. In his defense, Andy Brickley wasn't completely offensive, but Jack, of course, was very upset when Chara was penalized.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
NewEraGM

To those of you who live in the MTL area do NOT get NHL game centerlive. I did it once only to find out that all habs games are blacked out...called them and went crazy and demanded my money back. They complied with my demand.

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Adam91

wouldn't blocking your ip address allow you the ability to watch all games?

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:54 PM
sakiaba

For those of you who have had GCL before, are both French and English-language Canadiens (and Senators, for that matter) broadcasts available?

Old
09-28-2011, 08:18 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Telling you just use my links and save yourself from the aggravation of running a proxy for blackout games and having to spend $$.

exnordic broadcasts all games on RDS, use the other link for all games he doesn't and CBC's website for when they do games.

Remember...
ISP fee + GCL = $$$$$
ISP + free streams = ISP costs which you already have. $$

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71111 View Post
Curious about blackout restrictions in the US as well. If the Habs game is nationally broadcast on CBC on a Saturday in Canada, will it be blacked out in the US as well?
The US is getting jacked up for streams now. The Obama Admin. is going very hard after sites that stream professional games without charging a fee. I used to go to My P 2 P to get all of the Canadiens games last year. As of now, that website states that it is off the air. I cannot get any of the Justin streams either.

Our local Cable company, Time Warner, offers a hockey package that shows all of the games for $160 per year. When the NHL Network has a game, you cannot see it on the cable package and the Canadiens were on the NHL Network quite frequently a couple of years ago so I had to rely on the internet.

We get Versus so I hope that the Habs (highly unlikely) are on more than last year.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
The Right Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiaba View Post
Thank god for that. I was really annoyed when I bought ESPN360 for the Playoffs last season and had to listen to that *********.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:04 AM
maciekhockey

I buy that for 159 $ (517,04 PLN). IN Poland it's alot of money but now i can watch Habs in good stream. I miss RDS zone de match.

maciekhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:45 AM
sakiaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciekhockey View Post
I buy that for 159 $ (517,04 PLN). IN Poland it's alot of money but now i can watch Habs in good stream. I miss RDS zone de match.
RDS Zone de match was really good, if pricy - now I pay a bit more and get every team's games. TSN's commentary generally offers more insight, but when I'm feeling homesick, watching RDS is oddly therapeutic.

With regards to whether GCL is worth it, it depends on whether you can and are willing to pay for a reliable, high quality stream. (Obviously, if you're in North America, there are also blackouts to consider) It reached a point for me that I just got sick of trying to find a stream (though the dearly-departed atdhe was pretty reliable), and with the quality of most of the ones on offer. The GCL ones are good enough that when watched through my tv, it's almost as good as watching back home. (Almost as good because it's the wee hours of the morning, and no one at work except for the guy from Washington DC gives a damn about hockey...)

Old
09-29-2011, 05:57 AM
BobLoblaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Has anyone else used this site? I'm in Singapore right now, so watching Habs live isn't an option. I'm curious about the archived games specifically. How is the quality?

Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, and pretty cheap too.

BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote