HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vigneault stiffs Hodgson in first game of season

Old
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
in my opinion AV is terrible with young guys. he makes bad choices. Hansen and Grabner should have had the development time, not Raymond. It was obvious at every level that those 2 were better players, but AV chose Raymond and force fed him icetime in a way he wouldnt with Grabner/Hodgson/Hansen. To me, this shows a terrible ability to ***** talent, and clearly he plays favorites.

You can teach the defensive awareness Raymond has, you cannot teach the offensive awareness Grabner & Cody have. AV sucks.
LOL.

Kesler, Edler, Burrows etc could all be considered young players who developed under AV.

YOu guys are reaching big time here.

AV doesnt develop players on his own, the team does, and the team is trying to win a cup not develop young players at the NHL level.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:27 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
LOL.

Kesler, Edler, Burrows etc could all be considered young players who developed under AV.

YOu guys are reaching big time here.

AV doesnt develop players on his own, the team does, and the team is trying to win a cup not develop young players at the NHL level.

they developed as 3rd liners..... were given plenty of icetime without production.... something the 3 people i mentioned were not given.

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:35 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
they developed as 3rd liners..... were given plenty of icetime without production.... something the 3 people i mentioned were not given.
Really, Hansen wasnt given 3rd line ice time?

People continually hate on AV for Gillis trading Grabner.....Grabner was waived by a lottery team, teams that had management staff who knew a lot about what Grabner could do (CBJ, TOR, EDM) all failed to sign him off waivers.

PS. Where was Grabner playing in the playoffs against chicago in 2009-2010? 3rd/4th line!

Grabner produced in a market and on a team with no expectations....can he do it again this season, the jury is still out.

THIS TEAM IS A CUP CONTENDER! WE ARENT THE LEAFS, PANTHERS, or ISLANDERS. We dont have time to develop prospects at the NHL level, we're in the business of winning....like Detroit with Tatar, Mursak, Smith etc

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:43 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

I cant wait for the regular season to start when Hodgson gets a regular spot on the team after all the **** he's had to put up with from media and fans who overhyped him to begin with and actually performs pretty well.

09-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Guardian452

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
I cant wait for the regular season to start when Hodgson gets a regular spot on the team after all the **** he's had to put up with from media and fans who overhyped him to begin with and actually performs pretty well.
I had to shake my head on how some folks have been ragging on how AV's been handling Cody or on Cody's performance so far this preseason. He's been thrown on the ice to play 5-5 against other teams top centers, played the first unit power-play and killed penalties. Essentially, he's being given the opportunity to demonstrate that he can be the best player in a group trying to crack an NHL lineup and compete against bonafide NHL players. I'd be surprised to find any prospects who would complain about that opportunity. And what did Cody do with that opportunity? He was the Canucks best forward and was chosen the first star of the game.

Guardian452 is online now   Reply With Quote