HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers and Isles expressing interest in Mara

Old
09-22-2011, 07:28 AM
NYR Dubi 17

vCash: 500
there is no la fitness in ronkonkoma

i live in ronkonkoma... pretty sure theres no la fitness here.. theres one in centereach and holbrook

NYR Dubi 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 09:08 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Or you read every word (probably twice) and couldn't figure out a way to disprove the fact that you are an inveterate liar. The funniest part was the "tbh" addendum there. You do have something of a sense of humor. Good for you.

Well, I didn't call it an argument, so then you've just accused me of saying something that I didn't say (again). In other words, you lied. Also, if you could prove that 2nd part, that would be great, because I'm pretty sure that I didn't actually do that, and you just lied. Again.

I agree, this is unusual. Usually, you try to drive the discussion away from the topic in an effort to insult people and accuse of them of doing things that you yourself are guilty of (insulting, trolling, lying, instigating, displaying poor grammar, crafting weak analogies/comparisons, being generally hypocritical, hijacking and/or killing threads, etc).

Oh, you mean the same exact thing that happened to Sauer when Staal, Tyutin, Sanguinetti and Girardi were coming up? If you don't see people discounting Pavel, then you aren't reading the same threads that I am. You're right, research could have shown people that Sauer was the real deal, but most people don't do research, do they? Perhaps research might cause some to view Valentenko as more than many perceive him to be today. Your above "take" on Valentenko, for example, seems to indicate a lack of research in terms of his ability on the ice, AFAIC.

If I didn't understand why people focus on other players, I wouldn't have been able to make my point. In fact, that's exactly what my point is: my belief about why certain players don't get enough attention. You know, the point that you completely ignored in lieu of criticizing a different point that I never made. It doesn't matter that we need them to live up to their potential more, because if they aren't ready yet, then what's best for their potential is playing in the AHL (with a guy like Valentenko playing in New York until then, or a veteran, if you prefer - I don't).

Here are a number of examples, both new and old, where you took conversations off topic, failed to be civilized, blatantly lied, or some sort of combination of the three. Perhaps you could explain what the purpose of ANY of these posts were, other than to instigate problems. I'll give you one thing, at least it isn't boring. Personally, I get a ton of laughs every time I read something you post. Inadvertent humor, but still, humor. Kudos.

-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=174
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=107
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=108
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=123
-http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=285
-http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=874563&page=4

Feel free to post a single occasion where I took a discussion off topic, other than to respond to one of your incredibly rude and inappropriate messages. In fact, I dare you. I look forward to your inevitable failure or weak attempt at changing the topic. Also, in the most civilized way that I can, I'm going to ask you to please stop lying. You are a liar. Please stop putting words in people's mouths. Please stop attacking people for things that they never did or said.

See you in the funny papers.
I repeat I can't be bothered to read this since it's almost always exclusively off topic and can be much shorter. Please respond in an on topic, civil, non aggressive, adult, relatively short manner and I will read and respond. Your first sentence was an insult and you seemed to be leveling the insinuation that I can't read (A problem you seem to have) so right off the bat I cut you off. If you cannot behave I won't honor you with the priviledge of having a discussion with my greatness. Again if you need help the topic is your poor comparison and Vtank's shot of making the team. My reading has less than nothing to do with that. Refrain from insults and insinuations or I will stop reading I just don't have time to waste.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 11:58 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Mara is one of the most overrated dmen to ever play here. Every 5-10 games he would be a tough guy. That was all he brought to the table.
It is not about what we get, it is about desperation to get anything at all. If Rangers are looking outside that means they are not quite happy with what they see from within. And I trust Rangers in player evaluation by far better than this board. If Rangers feel we do not have enough depth in the most deep (at least how it looked on paper) positions, we are in trouble.
The question is "should we take it seriously?". I, for instance, have expressed an interest in many things. That wouldn't mean I bought as much. That report could have little merit, but if it does, then thing could go south pretty fast. Mara or not.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Imclaudelemieux

Another steady vet on the defense would be nice but not Mara.

Imclaudelemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
NYRamonte10

I can see Mara taking a lot of penalties against some of the quicker guys in our own zone. He had that free hand clutch habit that i absolutely HATED. However, he does have a howitzer from the point and is not liable for giveaways. I just don't trust him as a defenseman, defending.

That being said, I sure as hell don't want MDZ out there, being out of position and having a mental lapse at least once a game.

So I'm OK with getting Mara, at least as insurance for these other unreliable/no-track-record young guys.

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post

So I'm OK with getting Mara, at least as insurance for these other unreliable/no-track-record young guys.
This is the worst possible reason for getting him. MDZ has to learn. Leetch and Zubov never would have become stars unless they were given that chance, and DZ has that kind of ability. Young guys by definition have no track record or reliability - that's why you develop them.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
McD - Girardi
MDZ - Sauer
V-tank/Erixon - Bell/Eminger

Not optimal. MDZ might slide down a spot too...

I fail to see where Mara can make an impact here

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
McD - Girardi
MDZ - Sauer
V-tank/Erixon - Bell/Eminger

Not optimal. MDZ might slide down a spot too...

I fail to see where Mara can make an impact here
I don't want Bell as the 7th man, certainly not on the 3rd pair. MDZ did not look like he has worked on the issues that plagued him last season, still thinks he can out skate everyone, makes bad passes/turnovers, and needs to work on his shot. It was only one pre-season game, but as I said last year he needs time in Hartford to pull it together and I think playing him on the 3rd pair spells disaster for himself and Erixon. If McIlrath has a great camp I wouldn't mind giving him a look for a few games into the season and hopefully a decision can be made when Staal is fully ready. I would like to see this to start if Staal is still hurt.

McD-Girardi
Eminger-Sauer
Erixon-V-tank

Sc: Mara

Mara can provide depth and fill in if one of the kids is having a rough start. If he can be had on the cheap I see no problems adding him.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:50 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
It is not about what we get, it is about desperation to get anything at all. If Rangers are looking outside that means they are not quite happy with what they see from within. And I trust Rangers in player evaluation by far better than this board. If Rangers feel we do not have enough depth in the most deep (at least how it looked on paper) positions, we are in trouble.
The question is "should we take it seriously?". I, for instance, have expressed an interest in many things. That wouldn't mean I bought as much. That report could have little merit, but if it does, then thing could go south pretty fast. Mara or not.
Or, they aren't desperate at all, and are just trying to light a fire under the players fighting for spots? Paul Mara wasn't good enough for Torts when this team was worse, but now he needs him? I don't buy it. I don't mind Mara, but he solves no problems for this team, and I'm not sure he wants to be a 7th defenseman, either. How about we see how the preseason plays out and what Valentenko, Kundratek, and others have to offer first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Your first sentence was an insult and you seemed to be leveling the insinuation that I can't read (A problem you seem to have) so right off the bat I cut you off.
Here's what I did say: Or you read every word (probably twice) and couldn't figure out a way to disprove the fact that you are an inveterate liar. The funniest part was the "tbh" addendum there. You do have something of a sense of humor. Good for you.

I flat out said that you could read, you could even read twice. Interesting, though, that you read it and failed to understand the clearly defined point. Maybe you can't read? Either way, the only person insinuating anything is you. I made no insult. I called you a liar, and provided evidence to back it up. What's insulting is your incessant lying. By the way, your usage of the word "leveling" is totally incorrect and makes no sense. The word cannot be used in the way in which you are attempting to use it.

Quote:
If you cannot behave I won't honor you with the priviledge of having a discussion with my greatness. Again if you need help the topic is your poor comparison and Vtank's shot of making the team. My reading has less than nothing to do with that. Refrain from insults and insinuations or I will stop reading I just don't have time to waste.
My comparison is the topic? I thought the topic was Paul Mara and the issue of who is going to play defense for this team. You know, the issue I was discussing before your lackluster attempt to take the thread off topic. Then, I verbally defenestrated you and threw every single accusation you made back in your face (and proved them all). And now, you're running away with your tail between your legs. Running away not only from the fact that you are a proven liar, the fact that you took this (and many other) thread off-topic, that you routinely insult people, but also from the little hockey debate in which you managed to engage in, as well.

In other words, another JimmyStart scheme, another JimmyStart fail. You lose. Again. Better luck next time. I can't wait to have another opportunity to help you embarrass yourself. It's so easy and requires so little effort, because you do all the work for me. Every post you paint yourself further and further into a corner; somehow manage to get more of your foot into your mouth. I'm in awe.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 05:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Or, they aren't desperate at all, and are just trying to light a fire under the players fighting for spots? Paul Mara wasn't good enough for Torts when this team was worse, but now he needs him? I don't buy it. I don't mind Mara, but he solves no problems for this team, and I'm not sure he wants to be a 7th defenseman, either. How about we see how the preseason plays out and what Valentenko, Kundratek, and others have to offer first?

Here's what I did say: Or you read every word (probably twice) and couldn't figure out a way to disprove the fact that you are an inveterate liar. The funniest part was the "tbh" addendum there. You do have something of a sense of humor. Good for you.

I flat out said that you could read, you could even read twice. Interesting, though, that you read it and failed to understand the clearly defined point. Maybe you can't read? Either way, the only person insinuating anything is you. I made no insult. I called you a liar, and provided evidence to back it up. What's insulting is your incessant lying. By the way, your usage of the word "leveling" is totally incorrect and makes no sense. The word cannot be used in the way in which you are attempting to use it.

My comparison is the topic? I thought the topic was Paul Mara and the issue of who is going to play defense for this team. You know, the issue I was discussing before your lackluster attempt to take the thread off topic. Then, I verbally defenestrated you and threw every single accusation you made back in your face (and proved them all). And now, you're running away with your tail between your legs. Running away not only from the fact that you are a proven liar, the fact that you took this (and many other) thread off-topic, that you routinely insult people, but also from the little hockey debate in which you managed to engage in, as well.

In other words, another JimmyStart scheme, another JimmyStart fail. You lose. Again. Better luck next time. I can't wait to have another opportunity to help you embarrass yourself. It's so easy and requires so little effort, because you do all the work for me. Every post you paint yourself further and further into a corner; somehow manage to get more of your foot into your mouth. I'm in awe.
Verbally defenestrated him? You threw him out a window with your words? Dayum.

That reminds me of the time that Clyde providing color commentary on a move by Patrick Ewing said he "eviscerated down the lane"...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:03 AM
JimmyStart*

delete

Old
09-26-2011, 09:05 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Here's what I did say: [I]Or you read every word (probably twice) and couldn't figure out a way to disprove the fact that you are an inveterate liar.
I got this far. So again you seem to be illiterate. Please respond in a civil, adult, mature, non insulting manner and I will read. You seem to be unable to do this. Again I'll help you out. The topic was VTanks inability to make the team and the poor comparison you made. Please stay on topic. I understand you are mad bro but please you are old enough to calm down and debate civilly. Side note it's dissappointing Vtank did not make it but it kinda goes back to what I was saying about his lack of ability compared to Sauer, etc. Reality wins out over Sting yet again lol

Old
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Verbally defenestrated him? You threw him out a window with your words? Dayum.

That reminds me of the time that Clyde providing color commentary on a move by Patrick Ewing said he "eviscerated down the lane"...
Anything hockey relevant to discuss or did you just come here to whoop behind his back simply because you and I had a back and forth in a different thread? Please feel free to actually give us your thoughts on VTank vs Sauer and VTank in general. its sad that a few bad posters come here to further their own agendas rather than be adults and talk hockey reasonably. :

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 09-26-2011 at 09:15 AM.