HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT: NYR-NJD 10/13/05

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
there were about 15 other shifts though.
Still, he set up the eventual game winner, and played most of the game in the Devs zone, not his own. That to me is a good game by a 3rd/4th liner.

Old
10-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Save percentage is more important. You have that stat?
Actually, the 3.00 plus isnt even right.

2002-03: 2.33
2003-04: 2.23
2004-05: 2.69

Old
10-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Fletch

eh..

I thought his linemates carried the play on his line and he was mostly an innocent bystander. Having Betts and Straka as linemates helped last night. Not saying anything bad, since every night he's worked his butt off, but I just thought he may've been adjusting to his linemates a bit and was crashing the boards and working the cycle like other games. Not disappointed in him at all, just thought he wasn't the factor he had been in other games.

Old
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
where was Tyutin on the play? An, I think some credit needs to go to Gionta for a great second effort. And didn't the puck slip by Lundqvist? It wasn't a stellar play, but it wasn't a horrible play. Poti played fine otherwise throughout the game. And amazingly enough, he has yet to be on the ice for a power play goal against.
Tjutin was covering the other foward that was situated in the high crease area. He had his post as the play went behind the net and then he came off of it and took the winger in front as Poti chased behind the net with the other foward and the puck made its way to the opposit point. He was not 8ft away from the action but 2ft from the actual crease...exactly where he was suppose to be and also in between the goal and the opposing foward. As Malakhov took the point shot, Poti allowed Gionta to get to the side of him and eventually to the puck at the side of the crease. Tjutin didn't do anything wrong on the play.

Other than that, I'm just happy that hard work, energy, and effort are words we can use to describe this team. It's great to get the win but its those things above that will make this team successful in the present and more importantly in the future. The wins are secondary in a sense I hope the fans realize that. What I'm saying is if they lose and give an honest effort then don't be calling for trades for stars left and right.

Larry...Renney did mention after the game that if guys like White becoming too physical becomes a problem then they will do something to add more physicality to the lineup. He doesn't want to mess to much with chemistry but he will make sure that his players are protected if it becomes a problem. That's good to hear that he sees what's going on and will hopefully address it.

Old
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Actually, the 3.00 plus isnt even right.

2002-03: 2.33
2003-04: 2.23
2004-05: 2.69
oh well then earlier in the year it was more it must have dropped i remember it definintely being over 3.00 at one point

Old
10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219
oh well then earlier in the year it was more it must have dropped i remember it definintely being over 3.00 at one point
Understandable, Montoya was playing poorly for awhile and it sure seemed like it was way above 3. I just hope he comes to play for HFD this year. That would strengthen our assets, give us wins in HFD, and set us up great for next year.
As well as disproving the notion he's a bust.

Closed Thread