HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

USA, USA ! Habs come back to beat the Sens in SO

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2011, 12:44 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
You could easily tell when the Gomez line was on the ice because then the play would be in the Ottawa zone. Otherwise, the Sens would more often than not be threatening.

But Dumont ain't gonna play against Michalek and Alfredsson in the regular season, so I'm not worried. Dominant performance by the Gallagher-Gomez-Patches line.

Old
09-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Gainey#1*

Hey guys, how did Yemelin play?

I was watching parts of the online feed, and some people were saying he looked lost on the ice?

From the parts I saw he looked solid.

Do you think he will stay up with the team this year or be sent to Hamilton, and eventually leave to the KHL?

Will he dress over Spacek/Weber?

Thanks

Old
09-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMistyForMe View Post
Pacioretty: Extraordinay game. Great speed, good strides, solid work along the boards, decent defensively and his shots were quick, heavy and on the mark.

Cole: Solid in the second half. Barely noticed him in the first half.

Gomez: Same old but put some points on the board. Still doing the breaks from center ice that end with a blown tire. Still shoots straight into the goalie's jersey logo. Scored a goal, but it was really Alfie scoring in his own net. Gomez was just the last one who touched the puck.

Engqvist and Trotter: bad game for both of them. Trotter was worse I guess, but not impressed by Engqvist's offensive and defensive skills. Nobody is stepping up so far for that center position on the fourth line.

Avstin: Worked hard against the board but does not seem to be NHL ready

Gallagher: Solid game. Tough against the boards for a little guy. Has some problems when checked hitting the blue line with some speed and lacked finish on the net (could have scored two goals easy). But overall, solid game. Made a couple of nice moves attacking the net.

Henry: Solid defensively. Not so good getting that first pass out of his zone.

Yemelin: Played a good game. No monster hits, but stood his ground and showed some speed going on offense.

Weber : Good game. Solid defensively. Played this game as if it was a regular season game. Does not want to lose his lead as the 7th D.

Gill: Coasting...

Dumont: OK. Showed some hustle but did not show any offensive skills.
I agree with most of what you said here...

I'm going to defend Gomez. I was at the game, I thought he played well, he has good chemistry with Patches. He deserves credit for the goal, after all he was at the net near the crease and took the shot. He looked like a leader out there as well.

Also Gill, he made some good defensive plays, blocking shots and passes. Yes, one time the puck almost went in off him but if it had got through him it was probably in the net. I guess he wasn't quite in playoff mode though.

Old
09-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Hey guys, how did Yemelin play?

I was watching parts of the online feed, and some people were saying he looked lost on the ice?

From the parts I saw he looked solid.

Do you think he will stay up with the team this year or be sent to Hamilton, and eventually leave to the KHL?

Will he dress over Spacek/Weber?

Thanks
He looked solid to me. Tough and dirty player with some good hockey sense. He should stick around.

Old
09-24-2011, 12:59 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
With all the possible injuries and the way the kid has been playing, I have Gallagher playing the first 9 games of the season before going back.
I do too, I think Gallagher is easily our best kid since the begin of the camp, he outplayed all rookies fowards and AHL guys.. He deserves to be in the line-up but I would be surprised to see the org. keep him.. One thing is for sure, the kid is going to be a NHLer and will make team Canada junior.

Quote:

Weber : Good game. Solid defensively. Played this game as if it was a regular season game. Does not want to lose his lead as the 7th D.

I think we didnt see the same game about Weber, has been overall bad while Dumont played his role perfectly..

Cant see Engqvist play with the Habs full time, Ive a hard time to picture him in the line-up even to fill a spot while the injured guys are back.. The guy is nothing special, defensively decent, offensively not NHL caliber, lack of grit and fire.. Next!

Globe Trotter will spend his whole carreer playing in different leagues, different country, just not in the NHL..

I think Blunden will make the team as the 13th foward..

Old
09-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Just got back from the game, so much fun tonight! I loved Pacioretty obviously and Cole again, also enjoyed Gallagher (who I am developing a serious mancrush for) and I thought Gomez was alright too. Didn't really like Kostitsyn in this game especially in comparison to Tuesday's performance, and I thought Yemelin didn't stand out as much either. Engvist I thought stood out a little more tonight, but I didn't see much of Trotter who I actually thought showed some nice things last game.

Either way, for a preseason game it was great entertainment and well worth the $25 ticket!

Old
09-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think Blunden will make the team as the 13th foward..
I hope so. It would be nice to have a player with some size/grit to insert for those games against Philly, Boston, etc. Especially on the road.

However, that doesn't address our desperate need to find someone who can win face-offs.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:29 AM
OneSharpMarble

For all of gomezs talk nothing has changed, race in and turn the puck over are this guys trademark. Pacman dominated and would continue to do so with anyone as his centre. I see no reason to keep gomez on the 2nd line.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:33 AM
EveryDay

Stars tonight

1-Patches
2-Gallagher
3-Lawson

HM: Cole

cut: Avstin-Trotter-Diaz-DeSimone-Price.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:34 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
I'd dress Archambault for a game vs Boston to see what he's got
He'll play tomorrow for the Sens re-match.

Habs Prospects website
Old
09-24-2011, 02:06 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
For all of gomezs talk nothing has changed, race in and turn the puck over are this guys trademark. Pacman dominated and would continue to do so with anyone as his centre. I see no reason to keep gomez on the 2nd line.
Gomez is fine as a stop gap for one more year until Eller proves he's ready...

Quote:
Pacioretty: Extraordinay game. Great speed, good strides, solid work along the boards, decent defensively and his shots were quick, heavy and on the mark.

Cole: Solid in the second half. Barely noticed him in the first half.

Gomez: Same old but put some points on the board. Still doing the breaks from center ice that end with a blown tire. Still shoots straight into the goalie's jersey logo. Scored a goal, but it was really Alfie scoring in his own net. Gomez was just the last one who touched the puck.

Engqvist and Trotter: bad game for both of them. Trotter was worse I guess, but not impressed by Engqvist's offensive and defensive skills. Nobody is stepping up so far for that center position on the fourth line.

Avstin: Worked hard against the board but does not seem to be NHL ready

Gallagher: Solid game. Tough against the boards for a little guy. Has some problems when checked hitting the blue line with some speed and lacked finish on the net (could have scored two goals easy). But overall, solid game. Made a couple of nice moves attacking the net.

Henry: Solid defensively. Not so good getting that first pass out of his zone.

Yemelin: Played a good game. No monster hits, but stood his ground and showed some speed going on offense.

Gill: Coasting...

I thought Weber was responsible for both of the first two goals against, and Henry was awful. Only saw the first period though...

Old
09-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I listened to the game on the radio, but from what I heard, Gill was his usual self, blocking shots and passing lanes.

It sounded like Dumont had a good game. Fourth line material? Considering Enqgvist hasn't done so well so far...

Sounds like Weber and Diaz had pretty games! Good to hear!

Pacioretty is back! Woot!

Old
09-24-2011, 02:25 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Gomez is fine as a stop gap for one more year until Eller proves he's ready...
DD is ready right now and could use the 20minutes a night gomez is going to be wasting. gomez should be used in a checking/purely defensive role on the third or fourth line or incase DD/Pleks gets injured.

Old
09-24-2011, 02:37 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Damn,

Cole looked so big in front of the net compared to other players

We're not used to this

Old
09-24-2011, 03:53 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Gomez is the same old schlub? His game hasn't changed?

Let's see Dave Stubbs write a column on it. I can even see the headline: "Habs superstar ready to pick up where he left off".

Old
09-24-2011, 06:53 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Not great. He towered over Smith (who is a tough SOB in his own right), but his punches weren't as good. Smith landed a solid uppercut and Tino followed with a couple of decent ones. Smith took the giant down. I'd say Smith won that one by a bit.
Euh ? Even the Sens play by play gave the fight to Tinordi, and by the way the uppercuts ! They were from Tinordi.

Old
09-24-2011, 07:01 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Did you seriously get all this information from one pre-season game ? You do realize he just came back from an injury, and scored the most important goal of the game right ? I thought Gomez looked pretty good actually, holding on to the puck deep in corners and trying to find an open man. But i guess that haters will always be haters unless he scores 127 goals and wins the cup all by himself ?

Old
09-24-2011, 07:40 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Did you seriously get all this information from one pre-season game ? You do realize he just came back from an injury, and scored the most important goal of the game right ? I thought Gomez looked pretty good actually, holding on to the puck deep in corners and trying to find an open man. But i guess that haters will always be haters unless he scores 127 goals and wins the cup all by himself ?
If scoring the tie goal is Gomez's "same ol", then DON'T CHANGE!!

Old
09-24-2011, 08:44 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Here's my review of the game, player by player,for those who didn't have the chance to see it. I didn't evaluate Gill though since you know what you get from him.

Great game by Dumont, 7 hits, 2 takeaways and 1 giveaway, he was a pain in the ass for the senators

Engqvist was a downer for me... That kid has no offence in his game, Radek Bonk V.2 at best

Yemelin aside from that horrenduous pass in OT looked good, he was solid and played the body perfectly.

Kostitsyn didn't look out of place on the point in 5v4.

Lawson looks solid, for an AHL goalie.

Gallagher... considering the number of injuries, we might see this kid play a few season games and then sent back with the Giants, amazing game again, always buzzing, trying to go to the net, amazing hands and puck protection, I LOVE that never giveup attitude. He was nervous on that shootout, but give the kid a breath! Had a nice feed from pacioretty but he couldn't get a hold of it or else he would have scored.

Cole was invisible for half of the game and then he began to play well. It's hard to play with an AHL caliber center too...

Gomez is still the ole good gomez, a lot of giveaways but without him we lose tonight.

Patches... simply a great game from the wolverine.

I didn't notice Diaz much but he played 25 minutes, good game from him.

Avtsin was trying as hard as could, he's still missing some jump from the first few steps, maybe a year or two away from the NHL, certainly not as lazy as AK.

Tinordi looked way better, good fight too. I'm still impressed by his mobility for a guy of his size

Desimone, m'eh.

Trotter was invisible, he had one chance and he passed the puck...

Darche looked slow today, he tried hard, good warrior.

Weber : Aside from his giveaway, he had a good game. Was the one I noticed the most from our D-squad.
Weber was HORRIBLE on the PP.... HE didnt want to make a pass and tried to sneak into the offensif zone and always ended up dumping/giving the puck to the sens....

Coudn't see A.K really well at the point cuz of that. And for A.K having a bad game, I am sorry but Cole except for his goal on the SO barely did anything as well through-out the game... This is A.K hate all over again.... Plus you are saying that it's hard to play with an AHL center as a reason for Cole bad game, but you are forgetting that A.K was playing ON THE SAME LINE! So if it's hard for Cole, than its hard for A.K as welll...

Old
09-24-2011, 09:03 AM
LeMAD

I hope that Spacek is in good shape because Weber doesn't look too good.

Yemelin isn't exactly great, but at least he plays like a vet and doesn't make too many mistakes.

Old
09-24-2011, 09:09 AM
PunkinDrublic*

I would love to know how some of you evaluate players after 2-3 pre season games ?
When we evaluate players it takes atleast 4 weeks ! And this is at a minor league level.

Old
09-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Euh ? Even the Sens play by play gave the fight to Tinordi, and by the way the uppercuts ! They were from Tinordi.
I'd give the edge to Tinordi as well. Smith showed alot of courage and did a good job of minimizing some of Tinordi's shots buthe didn't land much himself.

I laugh at people who put some stock into the takedown. Usually the player who does the takedown does so because they don't want the fight to continue.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
I hope that Spacek is in good shape because Weber doesn't look too good.

Yemelin isn't exactly great, but at least he plays like a vet and doesn't make too many mistakes.
Weber really did look terrible.

Emelin is going to be very good when he fully adjusts to the new system.

Old
09-24-2011, 09:59 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
So do we play Ottawa again tonight?

Old
09-24-2011, 10:13 AM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
How'd Tinordi look in his fight?

Old
09-24-2011, 10:20 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So do we play Ottawa again tonight?
We do. And I sure hope Martin saves up the best (players/combination) for the Boston games.

Closed Thread