HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Pre #4|Sep 23, 2011|Flyers at Red Wings|7:30 p.m. ET

Old
09-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
It's not even Nodl. It's that Travis has a personal vendetta against prospects he considers overrated. For that reason he dislikes Testuwide, Akeson, and Read immensley. I think that if Hyka had been able to stay with the team it would have happened to him to.
I don't think they necessarily dislike these prospects. They just don't get excited over a small sample size which is really the most realistic way to view things. Also the thing with Read is he is not used to a full 82 game schedule because he is coming from the NCAA so there's a good chance he may hit a wall at some point. What we see now when he is at his freshest may not be what we're seeing in mid-December.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
I'm not here to start fights but go look at the 2007-08 playoffs. That was the last time Jagr was in the NHL, so when he left.

Watch the highlights, see how he played. He had 15 Pts in 10 games in those playoffs. "He was that".
Lots of players get hot for ten games at a time.

09-23-2011, 09:22 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Really liked the Read, Voracek, Couturier line. Couts finished second amongst forward in ice time with 20+. Lavi had him out there for the final minute when Detroit had the extra attacker. He really trusts this kid.
It's preseason, not a game 7. He's running the kid out there to see what he's got, let's not go too overboard with Lavi loving him. It's the coaches' job to see what he has, we'll find out if he really trusts him when the games count. (if he's on the team of course )

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:23 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
I'm not here to start fights but go look at the 2007-08 playoffs. That was the last time Jagr was in the NHL, so when he left.

Watch the highlights, see how he played. He had 15 Pts in 10 games in those playoffs. "He was that".
Wow I didn't remember that, that's impressive. I just remember him not being as much of a factor in his last year or two (I don't know why, now that I looked at his stats, he had 96 pts in 06-07 and 71 in 07-08 although with only 25 goals - lower than what we were used to).

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

The Flyers' victory came a night after a banana was thrown from the stands as Wayne Simmonds scored during a shootout. Simmonds, who is black, did not play Friday night but was seen signing autographs.
...that's, like, 40% of the article.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:06 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Any video from the game?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
Yes, thanks for the feed.

Nodl (who I thought would score just under 20 goals this year, yes I thought he'd start clicking offensively) better start showing something if he still wants that 3rd line spot, Read looks like he's taking that over.

Jagr looked really good. There was a couple plays there were it appeared he was a man amongst boys and only elite players look like that at this level. I'm not expecting that on a consistent basis because he wasn't that when he left but it was a good sign.
what on God's green earth made you think that?

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:39 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
what on God's green earth made you think that?
I realize I'm being optimistic but I also don't think it's that unrealistic. He had 11 goals (on pace for 13 in a full season) last year, a bunch of which came over a short period and he finally got to play regular minutes with skilled players. He had good scoring numbers in college, so he has potential for more offense than he's shown. He also stated that he plans on shooting much more this season. With that said my expectations were assuming he'd be on the 3rd line and as I mentioned, he may end up on the 4th line with the way Read has played.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:54 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

The Flyers' victory came a night after a banana was thrown from the stands as Wayne Simmonds scored during a shootout. Simmonds, who is black, did not play Friday night but was seen signing autographs.
Haha, don't know why I found this funny. It just seems so misplaced like it should be in the previous sentence instead. That's like saying "My friend Eric, a raging alcoholic, was seen at the mall around 4PM buying new sheets."

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Haha, don't know why I found this funny. It just seems so misplaced like it should be in the previous sentence instead. That's like saying "My friend Eric, a raging alcoholic, was seen at the mall around 4PM buying new sheets."
Yeah.

Like, get it? GET IT? Black guy? Banana? GEEET IIIIIT?

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:48 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Lots of players get hot for ten games at a time.
10 games at a time, huh?

It was actually the first 10 games of the 2008 playoffs. When Jagr walked off the ice after the Rangers were eliminated, he was the leading scorer in the playoffs...and when it was all said and done, he still lead the league in ppg.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:57 PM
JVR21
G

highlights?

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:07 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Yeah, they could have probably left that out.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:12 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
how bad was the Testwuide hit?

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:13 AM
SolidSnakeUS

So no videos for this game then?

Old
09-24-2011, 12:22 AM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Quote:

Don't worry Jagr everyone will be talking how good he is once season starts,,,,,,,,,,

Simmonds i can see having a monster year as well.............

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:31 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1200
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...578&feedID=695

Quote:
DETROIT -- Mike Testwuide says there was nothing he could do when Brendan Smith unexpectedly turned his back to the boards in the first period.

“The puck was dumped in the corner, I’m a big guy who needs to get in there and make a hit right away,” said the Flyers’ 6-foot-3, 210-pound winger after Friday’s 3-1 exhibition win over the Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena.

“We were shoulder-to-shoulder and he made a cut move back and we were square in the numbers. It’s kind of hard when he cuts back right away. It’s unfortunate. I’m glad he’s OK.”

That board hit from behind earned Testwuide a five-minute major, a game misconduct and a likely hearing with Brendan Shanahan on Saturday and a probable suspension, too.
Recap:

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/recap.h...id=DL|DET|home

Quote:
The Flyers spotted the Red Wings an early 1-0 lead, but basically dominated the action for much of the remainder of the game. The Flyers got even-strength goals by forwards James Van Riemsdyk, Jaromir Jagr and Matt Read, and goalie Sergei Bobrovsky stopped 22 shots en route to delivering a 3-1 preseason loss to Detroit at Joe Louis Arena.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:41 AM
jagrgodr

that sucks that there are higlights.. there better be some tomorrow.. ARGHHH preseason!

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:52 AM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Testwuide could face ban for hit in Flyers' win

http://www.csnphilly.com/09/23/11/Te...578&feedID=695

Mike Testwuide says there was nothing he could do when Brendan Smith unexpectedly turned his back to the boards in the first period.

Lets see what shanny does with this one the detroit player but himself in postion to get hurt i say no ban.......

Mod can delete this already posted in gm thread sorry.............

Last edited by BleedOrange: 09-24-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old
09-24-2011, 12:54 AM
BleedOrange
Future Star

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Jagr was actually disappointed with his play and says he has a lot of work to do. Lavy loved Jagr's game. #Flyers
3 hours ago

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Read says he is gaining confidence with each game. Lavy was glowing about Read's play. #Flyers
3 hours ago

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Lavy says he will start playing more of his regulars in the final 3 preseason games. #Flyers
3 hours ago

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Great battle for 6/7 D spots. Walker's cap hit may hurt him, but he played well Fri. Lilja, Bart , Gus also giving strong showings.#Flyers
3 hours ago

Old
09-24-2011, 12:59 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
vets like Jagr hold themselves to higher standards then what Lavi expects out of him. I am not suprised to hear Jagr say that.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:27 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
vets like Jagr hold themselves to higher standards then what Lavi expects out of him. I am not suprised to hear Jagr say that.
Just hearing that he can be better than that (or at least think he can be) is a damn awesome feeling for the Flyers and Flyers fans, if you ask me.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Snipsnap12

I have been saying all offseason Matty Read is gonna be a player... glad to see him doing well, the scouts are really doing a great job, finding good talent without having many draft picks

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 02:15 AM
DeflatedFootball7

^And to make matters better we have a buttload of picks for the 2012 draft. Things are looking up.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 02:56 AM
DickTony

I think it's becoming increasingly likely that Read is at least getting a cup of coffee with the big club to start the year out.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote