HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #4|Sep 23, 2011|Flyers at Red Wings|7:30 p.m. ET

Old
09-24-2011, 07:14 AM
poneill27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
So no videos for this game then?
Flyers website has Jagr goal.

poneill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:27 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
Yeah.

Like, get it? GET IT? Black guy? Banana? GEEET IIIIIT?
I love how the most level headed response to the whole thing has been from the "black guy".

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:59 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Just hearing that he can be better than that (or at least think he can be) is a damn awesome feeling for the Flyers and Flyers fans, if you ask me.
He's not here to play around, waste any time and play lazy. That is why I am baffled when all those people are predicting Jagr will get 50-65 Pts. That maybe good for anyone of 39 years of age but Jagr is expecting a lot of himself. I have a gut feeling that he's come back to the NHL to settle some unfinished business. He wasn't happy with the way he finished his last season here (2007-08) and has come back to reclaim his spot among the league's elite.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

I will be somewhat surprised if he gets a suspension, but you never know. If he does, then one game should be all. Remember the other player has to be held accountable for his actions also. Mike also has a clean record.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:57 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
He's not here to play around, waste any time and play lazy. That is why I am baffled when all those people are predicting Jagr will get 50-65 Pts. That maybe good for anyone of 39 years of age but Jagr is expecting a lot of himself. I have a gut feeling that he's come back to the NHL to settle some unfinished business. He wasn't happy with the way he finished his last season here (2007-08) and has come back to reclaim his spot among the league's elite.
It's amazing how well you know him. You just know that he's not here to play around. Are you psychic or his confidante?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:08 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
http://www.csnphilly.com/09/23/11/Te...578&feedID=695

Mike Testwuide says there was nothing he could do when Brendan Smith unexpectedly turned his back to the boards in the first period.

Lets see what shanny does with this one the detroit player but himself in postion to get hurt i say no ban.......

Mod can delete this already posted in gm thread sorry.............
I didn't see the hit, but you might be right. The rule is clear that it takes into account the player turning his back at the last second, so we'll see

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:11 AM
BringBackStevens

Good old timmy... Doesn't know the difference between "ban" and suspension

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:36 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Video?

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
It's amazing how well you know him. You just know that he's not here to play around. Are you psychic or his confidante?
Maybe he has that "really weird" connection, like Wolfy had with OKT.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:00 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
^And to make matters better we have a buttload of picks for the 2012 draft. Things are looking up.
For now. That smokey smell is these picks burning a hole in the top drawer of Holmgren's desk.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Volt

Im happy to hear Jagr is back especially with my other favourite team (I am also a Sens fan) , how was his performance yesterday or just in general since training camp??

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:15 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Im happy to hear Jagr is back especially with my other favourite team (I am also a Sens fan) , how was his performance yesterday or just in general since training camp??
He was awesome yesterday... and has been working out like a man possessed.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
He was awesome yesterday... and has been working out like a man possessed.
The man is back to prove himself to the league no joke I think he is going to kill it this season.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
If you were to make a power rankings as to which is the presumed Phantoms (excludes Couturier) have the best chance to make the team (and given their role) I think it would go like this:

1. Read
2. Sestito
3. Holmstrom
4. Rinaldo
5. Wellwood
6. Harry Z

My biggest concern with Read isn't how he looks in September, but how he looks in February. Really like what Z can bring to the table if he can score goals.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The difference being, of course, that Jagr has actual talent...

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Thanks for reminding me of that clown, you just made chocolate milk shoot out my nose when I laughed

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
If you were to make a power rankings as to which is the presumed Phantoms (excludes Couturier) have the best chance to make the team (and given their role) I think it would go like this:

1. Read
2. Sestito
3. Holmstrom
4. Rinaldo
5. Wellwood
6. Harry Z

My biggest concern with Read isn't how he looks in September, but how he looks in February. Really like what Z can bring to the table if he can score goals.
That's my concern, too. I know it's an unpopular opinion since most dislike Nodl, but I am not sure it is a wise decision to have Nodl lose his spot to Read when Read isn't used to a NHL schedule.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
That's my concern, too. I know it's an unpopular opinion since most dislike Nodl, but I am not sure it is a wise decision to have Nodl lose his spot to Read when Read isn't used to a NHL schedule.
I know this doesnt mean much but apparently read is a solid kid who 's physical condition is one of the better on the team. Plus he is 25 now, he isnt super young.. I have been backing read all along and I think he makes this team better

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:29 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Read not only seems to read (hah) the game better than Nodl but is definatley more creative. He's got my vote also because i think he'll actually add to our team unlike Nodl who really just keeps pace. Nodl's like that guy in star trek who you never saw before that beams down to the planet just to get killed, he's there and has been there to replace all along.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
So what are you going to do? Never play him in the NHL because he wont be ready. If the guy is beating out players in camp then he has to play.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:14 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Thanks for reminding me of that clown, you just made chocolate milk shoot out my nose when I laughed
I can't believe it took you this long to notice!

Of course we had Vera who was in love with Zherdev in between although that was short lived. But this guy takes stalker/fanatisicm to a whole new level.

Old
09-25-2011, 08:17 AM
MsWoof

Does Read make more than Nodl? You always have to take salary cap into things because we are so strapped. If Shelley is on the roster we're paying him for 5 games to sit. Pronger may not be ready, is he cleared for contact yet? Has there been talk of when he'll play his first pre-season game? If so, he'll be on the roster and his cap hit will count.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Does Read make more than Nodl? You always have to take salary cap into things because we are so strapped. If Shelley is on the roster we're paying him for 5 games to sit. Pronger may not be ready, is he cleared for contact yet? Has there been talk of when he'll play his first pre-season game? If so, he'll be on the roster and his cap hit will count.
Read is making $900K, Nodl is $845K.

Something that seems to be unclear is whether or not Shelley's number counts while suspended. Sam Charchidi says the Flyers told him that it does, citing Briere's suspension last year, but as we know, the Flyers aren't exactly a reliable authority when it comes to all things CBA.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
So what are you going to do? Never play him in the NHL because he wont be ready. If the guy is beating out players in camp then he has to play.
A year in the AHL wouldn't hurt because he'd get used to playing 70+ games a year.

Yes, he has played well enough to make the team, but you have to be careful when deciding to dump someone like Nodl for him. They can lose Nodl on waivers. If Read proves not to be ready in the end then you no longer have Nodl to replace him. Read has played well enough to make the team, but that unfortunately doesn't mean he can handle a full season.

Old
09-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Read is making $900K, Nodl is $845K.

Something that seems to be unclear is whether or not Shelley's number counts while suspended. Sam Charchidi says the Flyers told him that it does, citing Briere's suspension last year, but as we know, the Flyers aren't exactly a reliable authority when it comes to all things CBA.
Well you should know to believe Broad Street Hockey over the Flyers when it comes to the CBA. They quoted the CBA where it says suspended players do not count and Capgeek had Briere as not counting when he was suspended.