HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jiri Fischer

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
AVE MAN

vCash: 500
Jiri Fischer

Unfortunately I don't get to see Fischer play that often however when I have seen him play, he is quite impressive. I'm sure you've heard the Zdeno Chara comparisions.

Is Jiri getting any PP time? Do you see that time increasing at all this season? How do you think he'll do for points?
Cheers and Thanks!

Old
10-12-2005, 11:11 AM
sarcastro

Actually I think this is the first time anyone has ever mentioned Fisch in the same sentence as Chara. It would be fabulous if he could be even close to the player Chara is.

He's not getting much PP time thus far, and he won't get any once Woolley starts playing. He has a rocket shot and sometimes he makes great passes but can't seem to put it together offensively. I think the Wings are just looking for defense from him, especially since they have Lids and Schneider.

Old
10-12-2005, 11:12 AM
doublejack

He has seen some PP time since Lebda was sent back down to the minors. However, the Wings signed Woolley and when he starts playing he will likely end up with most of the PP time that doesn't go to Lidstrom and Schneider.

Fischer has been better this year than in 03-04, but to compare him to Chara is crazy at this point imo. As for points, if he gets 10g and 25a I'd be very pleased.

Old
10-12-2005, 03:36 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I think this is the best I've seen him play since his rookie season...but as you say, once Jason Woolley comes back, he'll get less time on the power play, I'm sure. But he hasn't really been making all the bonehead moves he was before and has been actually making some heads-up moves.

Old
10-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Hendo2k

Send a message via ICQ to Hendo2k Send a message via AIM to Hendo2k Send a message via Yahoo to Hendo2k
he's got more critics on this board then supporters however he looks like he's putting it all back together this season. he's been extremely effective manning his position this year and looking for the outlet pass. he's got some of the best skating if not aside from lids the best skating on Detroits backline. he's adjusted his confidence and it is showing this year. u can really tell Babcock has given him a lift in that regaurd. he looked like he was gonna break out a few years ago prior to his injury but he seems to have put that behind him.

until he gives detroit a full season of what he's been doing however he will always have the critics parlay their description of him.

that being said he looks fantastic this year.

Old
10-14-2005, 09:15 PM
19 for president

Babs doesn't seem to be benching him whenever he gets a penalty, at least if it is for physical play. The guy has a nasty mean streak. One example would be the clothesline on Cooke this year, I'm rather surpised he wasn't penalized for that though.

Closed Thread