HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Count Duco

Old
09-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaney View Post
T. Glass wouldn't have scored that goal, all I'm saying.
If he scores a couple of more hard nose go to the net goals like that he's sure going to make it tough for the coaches to send him down.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:46 AM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

He also doubles as a great singer:

KeslerKrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
TheLastSedin

TheLastSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Andy Dufresne

Duco reminds me of Tuco, which reminds me of the line from the movie " in the west there are 2 kinds of men....men with guns and men who shovel.....you shovel"

As long as Duco remembers that "he shovels", he looks like a decent 4th line option to me.

Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Duco get's the highest 'Torres head' rating over at PITB: http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2011/09...-replacements/

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Andy Dufresne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Duco get's the highest 'Torres head' rating over at PITB: http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2011/09...-replacements/
"bowlingballitude"

Duco-Lapierre-Pinizotto would be an interesting line. They sure would piss a lot of people off, although I don't know if they'd ever score...or win a fight vs an opponent over 200 lbs.

Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:08 PM
moog35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeslerKrony View Post
He also doubles as a great singer:

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Slapshot_11

I don't like him

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:01 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
What are the chances this guy makes the team? Do you think he is an upgrade on Glass?

only if injuries kick in big time

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:24 AM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
only if injuries kick in big time

Duco is getting a bad wrap around here because of hit twitter comments which I don't really consider a big deal. The truth is Duco is better than Glass. He has more offensive skills and is more of a "pest"

he reminds me a lot of Jarkku Ruutu. Not the biggest guy in the world but very effective at getting under people's skin, going after the other teams top guys and finishing his checks. But he will also fight, and fight often. Now he's not the biggest guy and he's not the most offensive guy but if he can get 5 goals a season while protecting our guys and going after the other teams top guys I will take that on our 4th line any day

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:39 AM
VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
Duco is getting a bad wrap around here because of hit twitter comments which I don't really consider a big deal. The truth is Duco is better than Glass. He has more offensive skills and is more of a "pest"

he reminds me a lot of Jarkku Ruutu. Not the biggest guy in the world but very effective at getting under people's skin, going after the other teams top guys and finishing his checks. But he will also fight, and fight often. Now he's not the biggest guy and he's not the most offensive guy but if he can get 5 goals a season while protecting our guys and going after the other teams top guys I will take that on our 4th line any day
My only problem with dressing a agitator again is the Canucks don't really have anybody to answer the bell, or at least not anybody we'd want to. Duco is faster than Glass and I loved watching finish his check on Hall but I still think Glass is a more 'complete' player. While not a defensive wizard, so far Glass has the upper hand there and is the better fighter. At the NHL level neither are worth anything offensively.

VC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 11:00 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC View Post
My only problem with dressing a agitator again is the Canucks don't really have anybody to answer the bell, or at least not anybody we'd want to. Duco is faster than Glass and I loved watching finish his check on Hall but I still think Glass is a more 'complete' player. While not a defensive wizard, so far Glass has the upper hand there and is the better fighter. At the NHL level neither are worth anything offensively.
This is my biggest gripe as well.

We already have Lappy running around trolling other teams. Do we really need another guy who starts more fires than he can put out on that line? Are the officials going to give us much leeway with that shenanigans going on? Are other teams going to 'respect their authoritah' if there's nobody there to answer the bell after all the ****-disturbing goes down?

If we didn't already have Lappy and Burrows on the team, sure we could use a guy like Duco. But i see Duco as basically a pure pest, nothing more really...and i'd venture our 'pest quota' is all full up right now. I'd rather have someone who can stand in against the big boys in a fight, or at least somebody who can lay a huge hit and just leave it at that.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:08 PM
LuongosTirePump

Duco won't make the team off the start...maybe a call up along the way to play on our revolving door, er I mean 4th line.

Pinizotto (sp?) has been better, plus the fact that hes like 27 gives him an edge I'd say, he has much more experience and showed deece upside, compared to some of the younger guys competing for his spot.

LuongosTirePump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
moog35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontmeslerwithkesler View Post
Duco won't make the team off the start...maybe a call up along the way to play on our revolving door, er I mean 4th line.

Pinizotto (sp?) has been better, plus the fact that hes like 27 gives him an edge I'd say, he has much more experience and showed deece upside, compared to some of the younger guys competing for his spot.

this is pretty accurate, I agree that so far Pinizotto has outplayed Duco and the others who are auditioning for the 4th line openings. So far Oreskovich is playing himself off the team. He plays the same game as Pinizotto and Duco but wont drop the gloves. I would almost rather have Fedoruk over Oreo at this point..... almost

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Kagee*

Looks like Duco is making a awesome case for himself to start with the team during the regular season on the 4th line imesho.

With all his yacking(twitter) during the playoffs, he best lay out the opposition and walk the talk!

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
He's better than Glass, but that doesn't necessarily mean he should make the team. I like Pinizotto and Oreo over him, anyways. Would like to see what Bitz has to offer when he's healthy, too.

MeatTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
JerkChicken

I'm liking Duco's game to be honest.

I'd like to see him stick. Good energy guy, solid wheels, decent hands. Seems to be able to tick off the opposition's star players too.

Love to see this as our 4th line and spares:

Bitz-Lapierre-Duco

Nolan/Pinnozotto/Oreskovich

Giddy up.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Slapshot_11

At best this guy is a 13th forward who can come in and be physical.

Glass=Duco

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
This is my biggest gripe as well.

We already have Lappy running around trolling other teams. Do we really need another guy who starts more fires than he can put out on that line? Are the officials going to give us much leeway with that shenanigans going on? Are other teams going to 'respect their authoritah' if there's nobody there to answer the bell after all the ****-disturbing goes down?

If we didn't already have Lappy and Burrows on the team, sure we could use a guy like Duco. But i see Duco as basically a pure pest, nothing more really...and i'd venture our 'pest quota' is all full up right now. I'd rather have someone who can stand in against the big boys in a fight, or at least somebody who can lay a huge hit and just leave it at that.
*ding* Winner.

I don't know what it is about this team, but they just seem to discover pests everywhere. We already have Lappy, Kes, Burr, and Bieksa. That's pretty pest-o-riffic right there. Those guys can actually play, though. Duco has "More Trouble Than He's Worth" written all over him. Let's trade for Downie, Avery and Steve Ott while we're at it. We'll win by pissing other teams off so much they get ruptured arteries from the raised blood pressure.

Or we can actually get guys who can play both tough and clean and start to lose the rep we've been stuck with.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 12:07 AM
MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
*ding* Winner.

I don't know what it is about this team, but they just seem to discover pests everywhere. We already have Lappy, Kes, Burr, and Bieksa. That's pretty pest-o-riffic right there. Those guys can actually play, though. Duco has "More Trouble Than He's Worth" written all over him. Let's trade for Downie, Avery and Steve Ott while we're at it. We'll win by pissing other teams off so much they get ruptured arteries from the raised blood pressure.

Or we can actually get guys who can play both tough and clean and start to lose the rep we've been stuck with.
Absolutely. 'Agitator' is one thing this club already has more than enough of.

Duco is a guy who doesn't bring much to the table offensively or defensively, doesn't bring size, doesn't bring speed, doesn't bring PK skills. His only skill is something that a guy already on our 4th line (Lapierre) is better at.

Pinizzotto, on the other hand, seemed to be a guy who had some higher-level skill as well as an ability to make a physical impact without being a sideshow. Real shame he's suffered an injury.

Failure to give Winchester a contract looks worse and worse as these 4th line options prove kind of rubbish.

MS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Failure to give Winchester a contract looks worse and worse as these 4th line options prove kind of rubbish.
Too bad he wanted two years, instead of one.

At least Duco is hitting everything in sight...within the rules, seems to charge hard to the net, and will probably get 5-10 goals this season if he plays a lot, as just from this small sample sized preseason games seems to have way better puck skills/shot compared to glass.

We really need a big tough/scrappy smart winger to compliment Duco/Oreo and Lappy.

Maybe in that Columbus rumour, should we target Jared Boll, John Moore and Sanford for Schneider?
40 - RW
Jared Boll
Date of birth: May 13, 1986
Place of birth: Charlotte, NC
Ht: 6-3 Wt: 210
Shoots: R
Salary: $750,000 (RFA in 2012)
NHL Seasons: 4
Drafted by Columbus in 2005 (4/101).

ASSETS: Loves to stir the pot and get opponents off their game. Is willing to drop the gloves for his teammates. Doesn't hurt his team defensively.

FLAWS: Will be hard-pressed to match his offensive totals from the OHL as a pro.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Agitating enforcer.

2010-11 COLUMBUS gp: 73, goals:7, assists:5, -2, pim:182

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 12:22 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Absolutely. 'Agitator' is one thing this club already has more than enough of.

Duco is a guy who doesn't bring much to the table offensively or defensively, doesn't bring size, doesn't bring speed, doesn't bring PK skills. His only skill is something that a guy already on our 4th line (Lapierre) is better at.

Pinizzotto, on the other hand, seemed to be a guy who had some higher-level skill as well as an ability to make a physical impact without being a sideshow. Real shame he's suffered an injury.

Well, we did see the double-edged sword of Winchester tonight. If we'd had anything like a competent PP, he could have easily burned SJ with his marches to the box. Too bad about Pinizzotto, though. He should have watched the Dan Hamhuis guide to sucessfully hitting Doug Murray.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 12:26 AM
JerkChicken

Wasn't Eric Godard just put on waivers by Dallas?

The guy's a knuckle dragger, but if you want a big scrapper for the 4th line - there ya go.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 12:31 AM
David71

hes an interesting 4th line option. but what if theres gonna be times where duco is gonna run around, and big guys will go after him. van doesnt have "fighters on the team anymore to back things up.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Komarov47

I think Duco is a poor version of Daniel Carcillo, with less speed.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote