HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

USA, USA ! Habs come back to beat the Sens in SO

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Wow, Tinordi looked very good!

Old
09-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
If Tinordi connected with the uppercut swings the fight would have been over a lot quicker. His fighting skills looked improved from what I've seen from him over the years. His height and reach advantage is going to make him an above average fighter when he fills out.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I would love to know how some of you evaluate players after 2-3 pre season games ?
When we evaluate players it takes atleast 4 weeks ! And this is at a minor league level.
It's "what have you done lately" on this board, where lately varies from 1 shift to 1 period.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:25 AM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Can someone tell me how Avtsin and Gallagher did last night respectively? What their strenghs and weaknesses? I wasn't able to watch the game last night so yeah...

Old
09-24-2011, 10:28 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Did you seriously get all this information from one pre-season game ? You do realize he just came back from an injury, and scored the most important goal of the game right ? I thought Gomez looked pretty good actually, holding on to the puck deep in corners and trying to find an open man. But i guess that haters will always be haters unless he scores 127 goals and wins the cup all by himself ?
Yes that is it, I see you did all your evaluation of his game from the scoresheet. I know how most of this board gives less than a **** about actual on ice play and more about some random ghost assist and a lucky bounce.

What is there not to get from this preseason game? When the clown publically stated he didn't like his play last year and said he had to make changes one would assume he would change his **** play right? Or maybe you think him racing up the ice alone and turning the puck over was a brilliant move?

Anyways we saw the exact same play from him time and again this year, wow way to change it up gomez. It was hilarious how some Ottawa defenders wouldn't even chase him because you could tell the clown was just going to throw it away. He is a non-factor. He scored a garbage goal? Big ****ing deal he played like **** and was carried by Pacman all night.

If you are going to cry and whine when people disagree with you stay out of forums.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:29 AM
guest1467

The Gomez hate is so tiring...

Old
09-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I know it's pre season.

But I thought the rule was, that if you take a penalty in OT and the penalty still isn't over by the end of it. You can't take part in a shootout.

Maybe it's void for pre-season, but isn't there a rule for that?
No, Gainey suggested that,but other than that it never got far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Not great. He towered over Smith (who is a tough SOB in his own right), but his punches weren't as good. Smith landed a solid uppercut and Tino followed with a couple of decent ones. Smith took the giant down. I'd say Smith won that one by a bit.
You must have watched a different game. No one else shares your view of the fight and I sure as hell don't. Did you really watch the game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
I agree with most of what you said here...

I'm going to defend Gomez. I was at the game, I thought he played well, he has good chemistry with Patches. He deserves credit for the goal, after all he was at the net near the crease and took the shot. He looked like a leader out there as well.

Also Gill, he made some good defensive plays, blocking shots and passes. Yes, one time the puck almost went in off him but if it had got through him it was probably in the net. I guess he wasn't quite in playoff mode though.
Really ? Did you see the shift where Gomez missed 2, or 3 passes right to him. Then, when we finally got control of the puck, got it back to the point for a shot. It gets blocked... By Gomez.

The goal and the assist paint the wrong picture of Gomez. He, along with our other centres sucked on the draws. At one point we had a 29% faceoff win. His goal he got was lucky. He threw the puck to no one, but just got lucky Alfredsson's skate was there to deflect off and in.

Pacioretty - What is left to say ? A beastly game.

Cole - Seemed to not really be in it in the first half, but the closer the habs got to losing the better he got.

Avtsin - I remember someone saying this guy doesn't play D in the AHL. Well, if the way he played in this game is any indication, then he's calling whomever said that an idiot. Thanks to a terrible line charge an Ottawa player would have had a clear cut breakaway had it not been forAvtsin. The player didn't even get a shot off. Also, not sure if he's nervous, but he didn't seem confident with the puck. He forechecked well and seems strong on his skates when dealing with being hit. At one point during a tv timeout I saw him talking to Price. I guess his English has come a long way.

Blunden - The best way to describe him was a guy who has ice speed for his size and hits everything. However, his offense and defense play is still a ?

Dumont - Wow, what a guy. I'd just like to add he got under Spezza's skin. Normally, isn't too hard to do, but he got him mad for a bit.

Yemelin - Played alright. Seemed to be communicating more with Gomez on the draw and even the wingers and his d partner, who was Tinordi for most of the game. Played a solid game.

Tinordi - Good fight, great skater for his size. Very impressive. Didn't have the best offensive awareness, but that's not what we drafted him for.

Weber - He was disappointing this game. I know and I'm sure he knows he can do better.

Diaz - Looked alright, but didn't really stand out, which is good on the defensive side of the game.

Gill - Slow, didn't seem into, but prevented a goal with his long reach and a dive.

Enqgvist - Seems like he isn't use to his 6'4 frame. Didn't help us in the faceoffs. Offensive and defensive zone seemed alright, but doesn't look like he'll be the 13th forward.

Gallagher - Wow! This kid gets a little bit stronger and what a player we'll have ! Made a nice play cutting to the net and got some ******** goaltender interference penalty.

Lawson - What people said, but made a great pass to Pacs for his pp goal. Seems to be a great team guy. Always talking the players.

Trotter - Too small and not fast enough. More than likely that AHL star who just can't do it in the NHL.

Side notes: A fan got hit in the face with a puck and Phillips was the first to call for aid for the guy.

A ginger fan bringing popcorn back to his seat tripped and fell spelling most of it. I lol'd at him.

And any time I commented on what a terrible shift Gomez had to my friends, this guy sitting beside me would stare at me. You're creepy, bud. You're an idiot, too.

So, if you're old, stupid, wear glasses and attended the game last night and sat beside a guy in an Eller jersey, you're creepy as ****.

I look forward to tonight's game

Posted on my new lappy.

EDIT: Filatov played last night apparently. I saw him in the first, then forgot about him until he came out for the shootout.

Last edited by Analyzer: 09-24-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old
09-24-2011, 10:36 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Really ? Did you see the shift where Gomez missed 2, or 3 passes right to him. Then, when we finally got control of the puck, got it back to the point for a shot. It gets blocked... By Gomez.

The goal and the assist paint the wrong picture of Gomez. He, along with our other centres sucked on the draws. At one point we had a 29% faceoff win. His goal he got was lucky. He threw the puck to no one, but just got lucky Alfredsson's skate was there to deflect off and in.
Just a hater, why can't you see gomez is everything?

Old
09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
EveryDay

Was at the game yesterday...I dont get the hype so far for Diaz and Yemelin and Weber and Gill were not good also. Gill should be playing on the third pairing this year and not with Subban...Was really impress with Henry play, never out of position and tough as nail.
Tinordi is getting better everyday.

Best defenceman yesterday;

1-Henry
2-Tinordi
3-Yemelin
4-Weber
5-Diaz
6-Gill

Up front, Patches was the best player on the ice, 9 SHOTS + 2 post + some great plays on D!!!!
Gallagher is going to be a stud someday in the NHL,his stickhandling is very good.
AK and Cole were meh yesterday probably because of Engvist at centre who did'n create anything offensively...Gomez was ok same for Dumont. Avstin-Trotter-Desimone-Darche were playing? The last player is Blunden and believe me he will see some ice in the NHL this season, the guy is freaking HUGE and play a smart game defensively and hit like a train.

Forward yesterday;

1-Patches
2-Gallagher
3/4-Cole-Blunden
5-AK
6/7-Gomez-Dumont
8-Darche
9--Engvist
10/11/12 Trotter-Avstin-DeSimone

Lawson was great tonight and Price was really bad on that poke check

Old
09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No, Gainey suggested that,but other than that it never got far.

You must have watched a different game. No one else shares your view of the fight and I sure as hell don't. Did you really watch the game ?

Pacioretty - What is left to say ? A beastly game.

Cole - Seemed to not really be in it in the first half, but the closer the habs got to losing the better he got.

Avtsin - I remember someone saying this guy doesn't play D in the AHL. Well, if the way he played in this game is any indication, then he's calling whomever said that an idiot. Thanks to a terrible line charge an Ottawa player would have had a clear cut breakaway had it not been forAvtsin. The player didn't even get a shot off. Also, not sure if he's nervous, but he didn't seem confident with the puck. He forechecked well and seems strong on his skates when dealing with being hit. At one point during a tv timeout I saw him talking to Price. I guess his English has come a long way.

Blunden - The best way to describe him was a guy who has ice speed for his size and hits everything. However, his offense and defense play is still a ?

Dumont - Wow, what a guy. I'd just like to add he got under Spezza's skin. Normally, isn't too hard to do, but he got him mad for a bit.

Yemelin - Played alright. Seemed to be communicating more with Gomez on the draw and even the wingers and his d partner, who was Tinordi for most of the game. Played a solid game.

Tinordi - Good fight, great skater for his size. Very impressive. Didn't have the best offensive awareness, but that's not what we drafted him for.

Weber - He was disappointing this game. I know and I'm sure he knows he can do better.

Diaz - Looked alright, but didn't really stand out, which is good on the defensive side of the game.

Gill - Slow, didn't seem into, but prevented a goal with his long reach and a dive.

Enqgvist - Seems like he isn't use to his 6'4 frame. Didn't help us in the faceoffs. Offensive and defensive zone seemed alright, but doesn't look like he'll be the 13th forward.

Gallagher - Wow! This kid gets a little bit stronger and what a player we'll have ! Made a nice play cutting to the net and got some ******** goaltender interference penalty.

Lawson - What people said, but made a great pass to Pacs for his pp goal. Seems to be a great team guy. Always talking the players.

Trotter - Too small and not fast enough. More than likely that AHL star who just can't do it in the NHL.

Side notes: A fan got hit in the face with a puck and Phillips was the first to call for aid for the guy.

A ginger fan bringing popcorn back to his seat tripped and fell spelling most of it. I lol'd at him.

And any time I commented on what a terrible shift Gomez had to my friends, this guy sitting beside me would stare at me. You're creepy, bud. You're an idiot, too.

So, if you're old, stupid, wear glasses and attended the game last night and sat beside a guy in an Eller jersey, you're creepy as ****.

I look forward to tonight's game

Posted on my new lappy.

EDIT: Filatov played last night apparently. I saw him in the first, then forgot about him until he came out for the shootout.
Good inside but I do disagree on a few of them. For me the most impressive player out there was Patch and he could have finished the game with 2 or 3 goals more.

Gallagher was fun to watch but he needs more strength and will get this as he mature. He is something special.

Gomez didn't do to bad either and like Cole got more involve later in the game. He needs to be more consistant thats for sure.

Tinordi does nothing flashy and still needs to learn the game. Did ok but saw some flashes of what he could be.

Yemelin played a safe game, taking minimal risk and absorbing the experienced.

Diaz his to small but could make a go at in in 1-2 years, just not sure if he fits with us.

Engqvist....not sure what to think. Has size but no the strength to match it. He did improve on his face off it seems but he's real slow but that reach is impressive plus he works fairly hard.

I agree with Dumont, he was a good player for us last night and is making a case for himself. If anything, he could get a call up

Avstin looked lost or just not involve. this guy needs to play an offensive role with offensive players and lack confidence. still needs work

Old
09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
neofury*

From what I did see of the game last night (various streams, RIS etc)

Pacioretty hasn't lost a step in fact he's better than he was last year. Kid really seems like he's on a mission and I'm not just saying it cause he had 2 goals plus the shoot out goal. He played phenomenally. He actually looked like a player capable of 70 points out there. Now I know we were playing OTT in a preseason game so I'm not saying he'll be a 35-35 guy, just saying the way he was playing made him look like one.

Cole was a perfect acquisition for this team. Like many had thought he fits like a glove. Cannot wait for the real season to start with this beast on our team.

Andrei didn't have his best game he was a turnover machine as I recall but he still put in a tremendous effort. I think the coaching staff has finally got through to this guy maybe there was some kind of epiphany! Hopefully he keeps this high effort level going right into the season.

Gomez for a guy who just got off a day to day playing his first preseason game he looked great out there. He deserved the goal for how he had been playing all game. He seems to be in good shape too. Only time he got caught up in the neutral zone was when he was basically left out there to fend against 4 sens LOL Was very impressed with his poise. Looks like he's got something to prove and he's gonna do it. I really hope this guy is our sleeper this season. If he plays at the level he can and competes every night we will be a contender. It's as simple as that.

Can't wait to see the full actual team now because I'm liking what I'm seeing out of a lot of our vets.

Tough decisions though. Weber and Yemelin are both playing great hockey imo. Spacek trade an e5?

EDIT: Also Dumont does look like a future NHL. Have got to give my dad props on that call if it's true. Could Dumont be our next Lapierre? Love how he got under Spezza's skin with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
He has a good game and people are like "Did you see? He missed THREE PASSES"

If they didn't hate Gomez so much they wouldn't be hyper focusing on every little mistake he made. He played well last night a lot more good than bad. I saw all of the third most of the second and heard the first on the radio with the RIS recaps. Don't get me wrong I missed parts of the game and I won't say Gomer didn't make mistakes I'm sure he did, but it is tiring.

Last edited by neofury*: 09-24-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old
09-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Shabutie

Gomez to me was our best player after Galagher and Patches. He was always involved and flying out there. Made a lot of smart plays and if he had a better shot he would've buried 2. Was giving a much better effort than Cole for instance.

Avstin was the biggest disappointment in the forward group. Floating all game. I heard he's got a mean stride, but I didn't see him skate more than 3-4 strides per shift, so it's hard to say. He's got to get it together.

Andrei K had a tough game, but his defensive awareness was on tonight. He intercepted a few passes to make up for his 3-4 giveaways. Really strong on the puck and looking confident.

Yemelin was off to me. I don't know if management told him not to hit or something, but he wasn't bringing his guys into the board and wasn't as tenacious as he's known to be. I don't know if it's the adjustment or the coaching staff, but he doesn't live up to the "mean sob" title we've anointed him.

Old
09-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

He has a good game and people are like "Did you see? He missed THREE PASSES"

If they didn't hate Gomez so much they wouldn't be hyper focusing on every little mistake he made. He played well last night a lot more good than bad. I saw all of the third most of the second and heard the first on the radio with the RIS recaps. Don't get me wrong I missed parts of the game and I won't say Gomer didn't make mistakes I'm sure he did, but it is tiring.
It was on one shift. He didn't play well. It's pre-season, so whatever, but if people are fine with him getting a few goals and a few more points, then jeez, I hope the habs sign me to a contract, as you'll be more than pleased with how little I do.

Gomez wants and knows he has to do better ? Great, I'll take that. He did his normal self. Shot when he should pass and pass when he should shoot.

I guess people just want to believe Gomez will rebound, only time will tell, but I'm not holding my breath.

Though, the most troubling thing was our faceoffs. To be a puck possession team we need to win those and boy do we suck at them.

Engqvist finished 7 for 6.Only one who took 10, or more and finished with a winning percent.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:19 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yes that is it, I see you did all your evaluation of his game from the scoresheet. I know how most of this board gives less than a **** about actual on ice play and more about some random ghost assist and a lucky bounce.

What is there not to get from this preseason game? When the clown publically stated he didn't like his play last year and said he had to make changes one would assume he would change his **** play right? Or maybe you think him racing up the ice alone and turning the puck over was a brilliant move?

Anyways we saw the exact same play from him time and again this year, wow way to change it up gomez. It was hilarious how some Ottawa defenders wouldn't even chase him because you could tell the clown was just going to throw it away. He is a non-factor. He scored a garbage goal? Big ****ing deal he played like **** and was carried by Pacman all night.

If you are going to cry and whine when people disagree with you stay out of forums.

I was going to debate this with you, but after reading this part. I know there is no reason to. And as for whining and crying, i leave that to my boys. Have a good season.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
its so 2010-2011.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:39 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
For all of gomezs talk nothing has changed, race in and turn the puck over are this guys trademark. Pacman dominated and would continue to do so with anyone as his centre. I see no reason to keep gomez on the 2nd line.
The thing is I am getting tired of hearing that Gomez' mad dash down center ice only to lose the puck at the blue line with him sprawled on the ice is "what he is known for". He said he wants to turn things around this year and Gomez is not going to achieve this by doing the same old thing. He needs to rethink his game. It is time to teach an old dog new tricks. The coaching staff needs to do their job and say: "Hey! Gomez! Look at these videos. Stop doing this. And stop doing that... now let's get on the ice and practice the kind of plays we want to see from you, plays that fit your skill set at this point in your career". Martin should not care about his veteran status and his ego. Martin is paid to get the most out of his players, and that includes Gomez... and Martin cannot continue to just "let him do his thing".

And while Gomez is on the ice practicing these new plays, he should spend an extra hour after every practice just shooting the puck at the corners of net. Right now, Gomez must have the lamest shot of any top centerman in the league. He is going to need to do some extra work to turn things around. Wishful thinking won't cut it anymore.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:41 PM
guest1467

Quote:
I was going to debate this with you, but after reading this part. I know there is no reason to. And as for whining and crying, i leave that to my boys. Have a good season.
That is also the thing I have realized.

There really is no point in defending Gomez, because the majority of the dissidents are completely decided on their hate of him, and will keep regurgitating the same arguments against him ad nauseum.

The really sad thing is that the only reason he is universally hated by many is because of his contract, which has an insanely trivial effect(read: none) on them as people.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:49 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Wow, Tinordi looked very good!
Anybody still calling this fight a draw... or a win for Smith after seeing the video?

Quote:
That is also the thing I have realized.

There really is no point in defending Gomez, because the majority of the dissidents are completely decided on their hate of him, and will keep regurgitating the same arguments against him ad nauseum.

The really sad thing is that the only reason he is universally hated by many is because of his contract, which has an insanely trivial effect(read: none) on them as people.
They don't hate him because of the salary he earns, they hate him because he was ranked 60th on offense and 236th on plus/minus, making him last year the worst top center in the league. Yes, we need to drop the salary thing... nothing we can do about that. But we should be allowed to constructively criticize his play.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-24-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: merged
Old
09-24-2011, 02:05 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMistyForMe View Post
They don't hate him because of the salary he earns, they hate him because he was ranked 60th on offense and 236th on plus/minus, making him last year the worst top center in the league. Yes, we need to drop the salary thing... nothing we can do about that. But we should be allowed to constructively criticize his play.
Clearly, but go back and read what i highlighted. Does calling him a ***** have anything to do with debating a players performance on the ice ?

Old
09-24-2011, 02:06 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
Weber was HORRIBLE on the PP.... HE didnt want to make a pass and tried to sneak into the offensif zone and always ended up dumping/giving the puck to the sens....

Coudn't see A.K really well at the point cuz of that. And for A.K having a bad game, I am sorry but Cole except for his goal on the SO barely did anything as well through-out the game... This is A.K hate all over again.... Plus you are saying that it's hard to play with an AHL center as a reason for Cole bad game, but you are forgetting that A.K was playing ON THE SAME LINE! So if it's hard for Cole, than its hard for A.K as welll...
There is no hate regarding Kostitsyn, we are just trying to point out who played well, who didnt and who was invisible.. As far as Kostitsyn is concerned, he was by far our best player in his last game despite playing with 2 AHLer in Trotter and Palushaj.. Tonight, our Russian dynamo turned the puck over like crazy.. So nothing new, eternal inconsistency we all know..

Old
09-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I'm happy to see that Tinordi is already a better fighter than what o'byrne was!

Old
09-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMistyForMe View Post
The thing is I am getting tired of hearing that Gomez' mad dash down center ice only to lose the puck at the blue line with him sprawled on the ice is "what he is known for". He said he wants to turn things around this year and Gomez is not going to achieve this by doing the same old thing. He needs to rethink his game. It is time to teach an old dog new tricks. The coaching staff needs to do their job and say: "Hey! Gomez! Look at these videos. Stop doing this. And stop doing that... now let's get on the ice and practice the kind of plays we want to see from you, plays that fit your skill set at this point in your career". Martin should not care about his veteran status and his ego. Martin is paid to get the most out of his players, and that includes Gomez... and Martin cannot continue to just "let him do his thing".

And while Gomez is on the ice practicing these new plays, he should spend an extra hour after every practice just shooting the puck at the corners of net. Right now, Gomez must have the lamest shot of any top centerman in the league. He is going to need to do some extra work to turn things around. Wishful thinking won't cut it anymore.
Gomez doesn't need to change, he just needs someone to start the transition quickly so he doesn't have to carry the puck as much. Hockey is a sport of synergy, like most team sports. Some players do things, and others do other things. What Gomez is doing, he shouldn't have to do as often, but does it out of necessity (carrying the puck), because the breakout is not done quick enough to have an upperhand effect on the opposing defense. There is a huge difference between gaining speed with the puck from the D zone coming up, then receiving the puck at full flight between the middle line and the upper neutral zone. Certain players need to be used certain, and Gomez is not an exception. Both Gionta and Pac could have terrific seasons if they spend a good deal of the seaon playing with Markov, especially Gionta, as he is also key to this form of dynamic (quick transition offense).Pac is more versatile, yet with his quickness, he should profit from this too.

With a quicker breakout, opposing defending players will be warry of this and will tend to back up the blue-line more quickly, leaving more space for zone entry and passing to set up the offensive zone. When Gomez can play in this dynamic, he becomes very effective offensively, as does Gionta.

This is the one thing that Markov has and that Subban doesn't, as constantly.

Old
09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Gomez doesn't need to change, he just needs someone to start the transition quickly so he doesn't have to carry the puck as much. Hockey is a sport of synergy, like most team sports. Some players do things, and others do other things. What Gomez is doing, he shouldn't have to do as often, but does it out of necessity (carrying the puck), because the breakout is not done quick enough to have an upperhand effect on the opposing defense. There is a huge difference between gaining speed with the puck from the D zone coming up, then receiving the puck at full flight between the middle line and the upper neutral zone. Certain players need to be used certain, and Gomez is not an exception. Both Gionta and Pac could have terrific seasons if they spend a good deal of the seaon playing with Markov, especially Gionta, as he is also key to this form of dynamic (quick transition offense).Pac is more versatile, yet with his quickness, he should profit from this too.

With a quicker breakout, opposing defending players will be warry of this and will tend to back up the blue-line more quickly, leaving more space for zone entry and passing to set up the offensive zone. When Gomez can play in this dynamic, he becomes very effective offensively, as does Gionta.

This is the one thing that Markov has and that Subban doesn't, as constantly.
I am sure that the absence of Markov in the last two years has not helped Gomez. Without Markov, Montreal does have a lot of trouble breaking out of their zone. This was for me the most frustrating part of Montreal's game play during the playoffs last year.

Still, in all the games I have seen at Scotia Bank and the Bell Center (where you see what the players are doing without the puck), you see that Gomez is just circling between the center-ice and his blue line when his Ds have control of the puck, often skating towards them when receiving the pass. So how would Markov's breakout passes improve Gomez' game if he skating towards him when receiving the pass? Maybe the answer is that Markov would simply ignore Gomez and pass the puck to Pacioretty or Gionta on the wings... though attacking the zone with two wingers with your center still mid-ice is not exactly the best way to generate any consistency offensively.

Old
09-24-2011, 04:13 PM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
There is no hate regarding Kostitsyn, we are just trying to point out who played well, who didnt and who was invisible.. As far as Kostitsyn is concerned, he was by far our best player in his last game despite playing with 2 AHLer in Trotter and Palushaj.. Tonight, our Russian dynamo turned the puck over like crazy.. So nothing new, eternal inconsistency we all know..
You should have read the guy I quoted. He said that A.K was horrible AS ALWAYS and said that Cole played a really good second half the game. But its normal because he had Engvist has center. I am sorry but, A.K was on that line too

But I have to agree that A.K didnt have a good game offensivly, but than saying that A.K was horrible but Cole was good... that's just wrong -.-

Closed Thread