HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Jagr expectations?

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2011, 07:19 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
It's only pre-season but how about that "almost done" 39 year?
I just want you to know that the second Jagr scored, I instantly knew it would bring a new level of ****-storm to this thread.

Here we go.

Old
09-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
It's only pre-season but how about that "almost done" 39 year old?
Hasn't quite lived up to my expectations yet.

Old
09-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Wow, so every time he does something decent will you be doing this?

Here's where I remind you for the 1,475th time that NOBODY HERE HAS SAID JAGR IS BAD.

09-23-2011, 07:23 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Wow, so every time he does something decent will you be doing this?

Here's where I remind you for the 1,475th time that NOBODY HERE HAS SAID JAGR IS BAD.
I won't be, just excited because it is the first time I get to see him in the NHL again.

I will only be coming on here periodically (this thread to discuss).

Old
09-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

grow up?

Old
09-23-2011, 07:27 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
grow up?
Why is it so bad that I'm excited. It's been 3 years since he's played in the NHL. I'm just happy to see the big guy play again. That's all.

Old
09-23-2011, 07:39 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

At this pace, Jagr is set to score 246g 246a 492p this season

Old
09-23-2011, 08:21 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Why is it so bad that I'm excited. It's been 3 years since he's played in the NHL. I'm just happy to see the big guy play again. That's all.
Nothing at all wrong with that. Great to be a fan.

Old
09-23-2011, 08:53 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Please read through a thread before posting the same crap that has been argued a million times. Kovulchuck didn't manage a ppg in the KHL either. Guess the guy is a hack
The thread is at 900 posts soon, you think everyone has time to go through everything? Neither did Ovie, but that was before they came the the NHL, different circumstances I would think.

Old
09-23-2011, 09:03 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
The thread is at 900 posts soon, you think everyone has time to go through everything? Neither did Ovie, but that was before they came the the NHL, different circumstances I would think.
Kovalchuk had already played in the NHL. In fact he had played 3 full seasons before the lockout.

He was coming off a 87 Pts (2nd in points) Rocket Richard winning season in the NHL.

I know it was only 11 games but Heatley had only 4 Pts in those 11 games he played. Ironically he played with Kovalchuk in the KHL.

Datsyuk had played 3 full seasons in the NHL as well before the lockout. In fact Datsyuk had 68 Pts in 75 games before the lockout in the NHL and looked poised to break out. Then he only had 32 Pts in 47 games in the KHL in 2004-05.

FYI, Jagr had 39 Pts in 32 games that season in the KHL as he also split time with Kladno.

So it wasn't only rookies from the 2005-06 or 2006-07 seasons that played in the KHL in 2004-05 and struggled. It was other stars as well.

Old
09-24-2011, 03:39 AM
tfong

Quote:
Kovalchuk had already played in the NHL. In fact he had played 3 full seasons before the lockout.

He was coming off a 87 Pts (2nd in points) Rocket Richard winning season in the NHL.

I know it was only 11 games but Heatley had only 4 Pts in those 11 games he played. Ironically he played with Kovalchuk in the KHL.

Datsyuk had played 3 full seasons in the NHL as well before the lockout. In fact Datsyuk had 68 Pts in 75 games before the lockout in the NHL and looked poised to break out. Then he only had 32 Pts in 47 games in the KHL in 2004-05.

FYI, Jagr had 39 Pts in 32 games that season in the KHL as he also split time with Kladno.

So it wasn't only rookies from the 2005-06 or 2006-07 seasons that played in the KHL in 2004-05 and struggled. It was other stars as well.
Well my point would be to compare the numbers he has put up in the last few years, rather than comparing the eras that he is playing in. I would think that would be a better way to guess his potential numbers. Of course its not 100%, nothing is, we're all just guessing here. Its one of those things where I can look at it and if Jagr hits 100+ points I wouldn't be surprised because its "Jagr", but at the same time if he bombs and gets 40, I wouldn't be surprised because I'd just say "he is old".

I mean look at Gordie Howe when he came back, he still had an impact in the game at the age 50, so who knows what Jagr can do really.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Chiquito

Quote:

Hey Jags6868..... it is good to be excited..... I am excited for him to comeback to the NHL too. He was a great player and I am sure he will show flashes of his former self. As a Penguin fan for over 35 years I personally have bittersweet feelings about his return. Enjoy his season.

Old
09-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Why does it matter if I defend him?

If someone goes and posts stupid clips of Jagr getting hit one time and claiming that this will be a trend, of course I'm going to defend him. He's my favorite player and I feel passionate about it when people insult him.

People that like Gretzky, Lemieux... do the same thing.

I'm doing it with my favorite player.
I love reading about all the love for former Penguin Jagr on this board. Defending him on plays he made or didn't make before he was even a Flyer but no support or defending of him prior to being a Flyer. It definately supports the arguments I have with my Flyer fan friends that if Crosby were or would ever be a Flyer he'd be the best thing in the world and all the whiner cryer comments suddenly disappear. There would be a million Flyers fans suddenly defending him against attacks from all the other fans from the jelous teams he didn't sign with. It would almost be worth seeing him go to the Flyers just to prove me right. I'm sure it will never happen though since he has a lot more character and sense than Jagr.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:10 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hophog View Post
I love reading about all the love for former Penguin Jagr on this board. Defending him on plays he made or didn't make before he was even a Flyer but no support or defending of him prior to being a Flyer. It definately supports the arguments I have with my Flyer fan friends that if Crosby were or would ever be a Flyer he'd be the best thing in the world and all the whiner cryer comments suddenly disappear. There would be a million Flyers fans suddenly defending him against attacks from all the other fans from the jelous teams he didn't sign with. It would almost be worth seeing him go to the Flyers just to prove me right. I'm sure it will never happen though since he has a lot more character and sense than Jagr.
Your right. I'm a Flyers fan. I love Crosby as a player. I'll trade anyone on the Flyers for him, healthy of course. I would love to have him on my team. He's everything that is right about a Hockey player.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Jester

Quote:
This is such an awesomely clueless post on a number of grounds.

Not the least of which being that said poster is a JAGR FAN not a FLYER FAN.

At least it supports my belief that Pens fans are... well... slow.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:13 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Jagr is going to win scoring title this year..........

Old
09-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This is such an awesomely clueless post on a number of grounds.

Not the least of which being that said poster is a JAGR FAN not a FLYER FAN.

At least it supports my belief that Pens fans are... well... slow.
touche! I did consider him possibly being only a Jagr fan. I guess it's possible to just follow a player from team to team however odd that may be, especially considering it's Jagr. He's not exactly Mr. personality. I just figured him to be a Flyer's fan since he has a profile pic of a Flyers jersey and not just a picture of Jagr but maybe he's only a Flyer's fan as long as Jagr's on the team. I probably should have just made a general post instead of quoting his post because he obviously isn't the only huge Jagr supporter/defender posting in this thread. My point was addressed well by the previous reply to my post and that admission actually took the wind out of my sails. I'm not here to stir the pot or be an a hole. I really just stopped by to try to find out how Jagr looked in the preseason game and couldn't resist posting.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Jester

Quote:
touche! I did consider him possibly being only a Jagr fan. I guess it's possible to just follow a player from team to team however odd that may be, especially considering it's Jagr. He's not exactly Mr. personality. I just figured him to be a Flyer's fan since he has a profile pic of a Flyers jersey and not just a picture of Jagr but maybe he's only a Flyer's fan as long as Jagr's on the team. I probably should have just made a general post instead of quoting his post because he obviously isn't the only huge Jagr supporter/defender posting in this thread. My point was addressed well by the previous reply to my post and that admission actually took the wind out of my sails. I'm not here to stir the pot or be an a hole. I really just stopped by to try to find out how Jagr looked in the preseason game and couldn't resist posting.
Quote:
...and all the whiner cryer comments suddenly disappear...
Might want to work on that.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:55 PM
kevinjd182

Quote:
Might want to work on that.
I think he was referring to Flyers fans calling out Crosby for whining/crying, not that the Flyers fans themselves are whining.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:58 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Heres his first goal:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=35&id=124537

Old
09-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjd182 View Post
I think he was referring to Flyers fans calling out Crosby for whining/crying, not that the Flyers fans themselves are whining.
...it's fans whining about Crosby. He's also blathering about how everyone is jealous and a hypocrite. Take it back to the circle jerk on the Pens board. I don't like how Crosby plays the game, and that wouldn't change if he was on the Flyers. Don't like it when Flyer players pull that crap -- and Flyers get REGULARLY called out for diving and whatnot.

Old
09-24-2011, 02:24 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
...it's fans whining about Crosby. He's also blathering about how everyone is jealous and a hypocrite. Take it back to the circle jerk on the Pens board. I don't like how Crosby plays the game, and that wouldn't change if he was on the Flyers. Don't like it when Flyer players pull that crap -- and Flyers get REGULARLY called out for diving and whatnot.
Crosby isn't a diver anymore. He may have had that rep as a Rookie, but not anymore. He definitely plays the game the right way. he gives maximum effort and is a warrior out on the ice. And fans of other teams have the right to post on this thread.

Old
09-24-2011, 02:38 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
I won't be, just excited because it is the first time I get to see him in the NHL again.

I will only be coming on here periodically (this thread to discuss).
Lock it up

Old
09-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Crosby isn't a diver anymore. He may have had that rep as a Rookie, but not anymore. He definitely plays the game the right way. he gives maximum effort and is a warrior out on the ice. And fans of other teams have the right to post on this thread.
Not a diver anymore, but still a whiner. I am not a Crosby hater either, just when he plays fly guys

Old
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
Not a diver anymore, but still a whiner. I am not a Crosby hater either, just when he plays fly guys
I disagree. That has been completely overblown.

Closed Thread