HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which newer players make the team ?

Old
09-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
I think we'll see Erixon getting better and better as preseason games go along, especially with so many of them

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Wolski Richards Gabby
Duby AA Cally
Aves Stepan Fedotenko
Rupp Boyle Prust
EC

Staal Girardi
McD Sauer
MDZ Erixon
Eminger

Hank
Biron

DONE

And keep the hobbit in Hartford where he belongs he's useless

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 02:38 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think we'll see Erixon getting better and better as preseason games go along, especially with so many of them
I hope so

I may be alone in this but going purely off of what I've seen with my own eyes this preseason i think bell>valentenko>erixon so far

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Uncle Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
I hope so

I may be alone in this but going purely off of what I've seen with my own eyes this preseason i think bell>valentenko>erixon so far
I dont know what games you've been watching. V-Tank was awful.

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 03:56 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
I dont know what games you've been watching. V-Tank was awful.
Personal preferance really, and I could see why people would be.down on him...I was mainly trying to illustrate that erixon has not seperated himself from his competition

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:15 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Wolski Richards Gabby
Duby AA Cally
Aves Stepan Fedotenko
Rupp Boyle Prust
EC

Staal Girardi
McD Sauer
MDZ Erixon
Eminger

Hank
Biron

DONE

And keep the hobbit in Hartford where he belongs he's useless
I like this lineup but I don't see anyway Torts plays Avery over Zuke. Even though Zuke is invisible Torts will talk about his development and hard work to justify sitting Avery in the press box.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I feel Avery is a better hockey player then Zuccarello at this point.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:29 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
If that appraisal is accurate I don't want Zuccarello anywhere on the roster or in the team's plans.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:44 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Unfortunately it looks like the only way Avery is on this club is if he's the 13th forward. Which might not be the end of the world for him because if Zuke stays invisible you'd think Torts would have to insert him at some point. Then again, as soon as Avery gets called for a penalty he'll be benched again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If that appraisal is accurate I don't want Zuccarello anywhere on the roster or in the team's plans.

Spoken like someone who comments about players he doesn't actually watch! Who knew!?

Old
09-24-2011, 04:53 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Zuccarello has skill. But it doesn't look like he really improved from last year. He's still not a great skater. And he's still not very strong.

Avery can play.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
Christensen

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

Old
09-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Stepanformayor*

V Tank was awful last night, Erixson has not done anything in two games, Haglin has not played with anyone so it's hard to say there, and Zucc has been a ghost. I really think the only Rookie that makes it out of camp is Bell, and if Stall was healthy i would not take any of them. No one has out played EC, or Avery. My thoughts anyway...

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:59 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Zuccarello has skill. But it doesn't look like he really improved from last year. He's still not a great skater. And he's still not very strong.

Avery can play.

Wolski-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
Christensen

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron
I agree but it's pretty clear that Torts wants Avery off this team as soon as possible. I think he's willing to play Zuccarello over him even if it doesn't make us better. The writing has been on the wall since he got here. The odds of Avery playing a significant role on this team this season are less than 25% at this point.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Avery is a FAR better player than mza. Skating size forechecking shooting even when it comes to playmaking ability. It's not even close. Get mza on the next bus to Hartford. Even Dale Weise is actually more useful

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

Avery can play.

Wolski-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
Christensen

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron
so Zuke plays one game and he's a ghost? your lineup is exactly what I guessed before camp so not going to disagree at all but its going to go to the wire and Zuke , Avery , EC will all be battling it out.

None of the remaining rooks make it. Weise as put up a good fight but no spot. Hagelin will be a real good 3rd liner but his time is next yr to replace Avery and/or Feds

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
I agree but it's pretty clear that Torts wants Avery off this team as soon as possible. I think he's willing to play Zuccarello over him even if it doesn't make us better. The writing has been on the wall since he got here. The odds of Avery playing a significant role on this team this season are less than 25% at this point.
don't really agree with the he hates Avery argument . Its not like Avery doesnt get chances on the top line. He is rather fair to him in my eyes.

Also realistically Avery is not tradeable and I doubt they waive him to the minors

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:19 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so Zuke plays one game and he's a ghost? your lineup is exactly what I guessed before camp so not going to disagree at all but its going to go to the wire and Zuke , Avery , EC will all be battling it out.

None of the remaining rooks make it. Weise as put up a good fight but no spot. Hagelin will be a real good 3rd liner but his time is next yr to replace Avery and/or Feds
If those three are in a battle for the final forward spot is there really a question? The player best suited for that role on the fourth line is Avery. Zuke was invisible a lot last season. Him doing the same on Friday isn't the end of the world, but yet another example of what we saw too many times last year.

Quote:
don't really agree with the he hates Avery argument . Its not like Avery doesnt get chances on the top line. He is rather fair to him in my eyes.

Also realistically Avery is not tradeable and I doubt they waive him to the minors

Yeah and he played extremely well in the one game he got a chance. Then the second game he was there he was called for a ridiculous penalty in the first period and never saw the ice again. He got less ice time than any other Rangers forward not name Derek Boogaard, and still put up 24 points getting barely 11 minutes a game.

Add to that his ability to forecheck and set up teammates, there hasn't been any reason since Torts has been here that Avery shouldn't have his 30+ points a season, except for Torts that is.

Some things never change though, and it's not going to again this yera.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:21 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I don't think Torts hates Avery. I think he expects a certain amount from him and uses tough love to motivate him.

Don't see Torts being the kind of coach that will directly make the team worse because of personal vendetta, either.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:26 PM
kasper11

Question...is Weise still waiver exempt? If not, I would imagine it would make more sense to keep him than Avery.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:28 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
I don't think Torts hates Avery. I think he expects a certain amount from him and uses tough love to motivate him.

Don't see Torts being the kind of coach that will directly make the team worse because of personal vendetta, either.
I think that might be arguing semantics but at the same time we'll see this season. Zuccarello needs to make a big improvement for him to be a better option in that role than Avery. Besides Zuke, what player is honestly a better option? If you want to argue Weise that's fine, but I still don't see him putting up the offensive numbers Avery will. Outside of that, who? We'll see if Avery gets dicked or not soon enough.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:29 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

I didn't say he's a ghost. I said he's still a poor skater and not strong. Which were the two things holding him back last year. Doesn't look like he had a Boyle-esque revelation and turn around.

If he can't win races to pucks and can't hold his own against bigger players, how is he going to contribute?

Avery doesn't have those issues.

I like Zuccarello. He's easy to root for. But, physical limitations and no cap flexibility are working against him right now.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:34 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
I didn't say he's a ghost. I said he's still a poor skater and not strong. Which were the two things holding him back last year. Doesn't look like he had a Boyle-esque revelation and turn around.

If he can't win races to pucks and can't hold his own against bigger players, how is he going to contribute?

Avery doesn't have those issues.

I like Zuccarello. He's easy to root for. But, physical limitations and no cap flexibility are working against him right now.
Agreed, I like Zuke too. I think sometimes people associate having a player about a player as not being good enough meaning a poster doesn't like the player.

I like Zuke a lot and want him to succeed. If he can do that then great. I just don't understand how in the role he's going to be asked to play, with how he looks in his development, it makes more sense to have him on the roster than Avery.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Deveaux and Weise I have been told will be given every chance to win Avery's spot.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:37 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Deveaux and Weise I have been told will be given every chance to win Avery's spot.
But Torts doesn't have any pre-conceived Avery bias right?

Old
09-24-2011, 05:38 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
V Tank was awful last night, Erixson has not done anything in two games, Haglin has not played with anyone so it's hard to say there, and Zucc has been a ghost. I really think the only Rookie that makes it out of camp is Bell, and if Stall was healthy i would not take any of them. No one has out played EC, or Avery. My thoughts anyway...
Bell's not a rookie, and Christensen has done nothing to prove he deserves a spot. Unless you mistook #26 last night for Christensen.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Giacomin

I just have a feeling that Avery will score a big goal for us this year, hopefully in the playoffs!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote