HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Footbalance Insoles - Are they worth it

Old
09-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Pedagogue

vCash: 500
Footbalance Insoles - Are they worth it

I was at a very popular Hockey Store in the greater Toronto area a few days ago. There was a footbalance technician there fitting custom footbalance insoles for people. I was just wondering if anyone has had them made for their skates. Is it worth the $60. I'd be especially curious to hear from those who have really flat feet and have had issues getting skates/insoles to fit properly. BTW- this is their website www.footbalance.com just in case people don't know what the product is.

Pedagogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:43 PM
AIREAYE

Just curious, was it at Majer? iirc they had a device there that 'maps' your foot

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:37 PM
noobman

Graf SIDAS footbeds are really popular, and are shaped to your foot as well. They're used by many pros (even those who don't wear Graf skates).

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Pedagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Just curious, was it at Majer? iirc they had a device there that 'maps' your foot
Yes, the store was Majer Hockey. I skate in Grafs and my feet are very very flat. Right now I have the sidas footbeds that came with the 705's. I am still in a lot of pain after I skate. I've worn the skates about 6 times. Just wondering if these insoles are worth it?

Pedagogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:37 PM
AIREAYE

I dont know much about those footbeds, but you should make sure you can get some sort of return policy on them. It would suck if you grabbed a pair and find out you still have pain a few skates later.

Ever tried Superfeet? They have a 30 day return policy so it doesnt matter if you've used them/cut them; if you're not satisfied just return them.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedagogue View Post
Yes, the store was Majer Hockey. I skate in Grafs and my feet are very very flat. Right now I have the sidas footbeds that came with the 705's. I am still in a lot of pain after I skate. I've worn the skates about 6 times. Just wondering if these insoles are worth it?
If you're only 6 skates in, I'd give it more time before you make any decision. My Grafs took forever to break in and it was a very painful process, which I understand from talking to a lot of people is par for the course with Grafs. Long break in period, but worth it when they finally get there.

I've done the Superfeet custom footbeds and I don't think its worth the money. I've actually swapped in and out between by custom and the stock Sidas footbed that came in my 703 and I prefer the standard Sidas.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
Graf SIDAS footbeds are really popular, and are shaped to your foot as well. They're used by many pros (even those who don't wear Graf skates).
I have Bauer skates and use SIDAS (although they weren't under the Graf label). I had them made at a ski shop. I can't recommend them enough.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote