HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neil pots one late as sens win 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2011, 10:15 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Too many pre season games, and especially 4 games in 4 nite is just plain stupid... But Molson wants to pack his Bell Centre and sell beer and hot dogs....

$$$$ over real hockey training and teaching.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:16 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Too many pre season games, and especially 4 games in 4 nite is just plain stupid... But Molson wants to pack his Bell Centre and sell beer and hot dogs....

2 of those games aren't even in Montreal

Old
09-24-2011, 10:16 PM
guest1467

Quote:

You know that the team that doesn't play in the games is doing dry land training and on ice practice right?

You really do not know what you are talking about.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
I dunno about Beaulieu tonight, I noticed him more for bad stuff than good
There was some bad stuff. Trying to squeeze passes up the ice, being too ambitious going up the ice... Some overconfidence and enthusiasm from an 18 year old. Despite that, I was still impressed with the raw talent in all aspects of his game.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:19 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
2 of those games aren't even in Montreal
5 of the 8 are in Montreal.

No teams should play more than 5 or 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
You know that the team that doesn't play in the games is doing dry land training and on ice practice right?

You really do not know what you are talking about.
Yeah B & C teams full of AHL and Junior players.... With a handful of real NHL players. How can you practice real systems with players that are REALLY goindg to play TOGETHER next season ?

Big deal !

look at the Sabres. they are for real.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-24-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: merge
Old
09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Yeah B & C teams full of AHL and Junior players.... With a handful of real NHL players. How can you practice real systems with players that are REALLY goindg to play TOGETHER next season ?

Big deal !

I don't know.. maybe they'll practice those real systems in... practice...

Old
09-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Gary320

Quote:
5 of the 8 are in Montreal.

No teams should play more than 5 or 6.
Sabres have 7.

I can name you other teams that have 7.

But I think I'll let you do your rant.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Protest the Hero

Archambault really impressed me tonight. I was admittedly pessimistic about the draft choice at the time considering his middling stats in the Q, but he won me over tonight. I really wish he would've gotten some time with Plekanec and Gionta instead of Trotter. He didn't look small either.

Dumont was very good again. If he was bigger, or at least 1 more year experienced in the pro game I'd give him that 4th line centre role right now. He's been better than Engqvist, but I don't want to rush him.

Beaulieu made a lot of errant passes. He started the game so well, it just kind of fell apart for him, good future for him nonetheless.

Palushaj was much better tonight, great pass to Cammy.

Mitera played pretty well, but I'd like to see him use his body more.

Trotter continues to be unremarkable in pretty much every way, as I said Archambault did more with worse linemates. He probably played against easier competition I guess but still.

I didn't notice Spacek at all tonight which is a good thing in his case. St Denis had a bad game, Masse is bad, Lefebvre has some speed but I just don't see what he could possibly do in the NHL at any point. Schultz had a pretty good game.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:42 PM
guest1467

Quote:

Big deal !

What systems are you exactly talking about here?

The players know Martin, and Martin's gameplan by now. Preseason is time to work out the kinks and get into game shape.

It is also an opportunity to get your young kids into game type situations and evaluate them.

The team will practice together when the cuts are made.

You still haven't even displayed why playing so many games is detrimental.

Basically, you are not making any sense whatsoever.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Was at the game. Definitely Beaulieu's first rough game. Just seemed out of sorts. He will also need to realize that guys in the show have hand eye and can knock cross-ice saucer's out of the air. But you can see the skill is there. Going to be a good one.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
RE-HABS

Archambault looks to be a potential Gallagher type steal for Timmins and the Habs once again. The scouts and experts have all said the kid has the skills and talent, looks like he just hasn't put it all together yet in junior and from what I have read on the kid it could be because of his former team and coach. Going back to the Q he is going to a better team, and if the Flyers send Couturier back to junior they could be a 1-2 punch and dominant the Q.

Kid has a future if he can prove it was a coaching issue in junior, and not his issue.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Archambault really impressed me tonight. I was admittedly pessimistic about the draft choice at the time considering his middling stats in the Q, but he won me over tonight. I really wish he would've gotten some time with Plekanec and Gionta instead of Trotter. He didn't look small either.

Dumont was very good again. If he was bigger, or at least 1 more year experienced in the pro game I'd give him that 4th line centre role right now. He's been better than Engqvist, but I don't want to rush him.

Beaulieu made a lot of errant passes. He started the game so well, it just kind of fell apart for him, good future for him nonetheless.

Palushaj was much better tonight, great pass to Cammy.

Mitera played pretty well, but I'd like to see him use his body more.

Trotter continues to be unremarkable in pretty much every way, as I said Archambault did more with worse linemates. He probably played against easier competition I guess but still.

I didn't notice Spacek at all tonight which is a good thing in his case. St Denis had a bad game, Masse is bad, Lefebvre has some speed but I just don't see what he could possibly do in the NHL at any point. Schultz had a pretty good game.
****ing Trotter is soft as cottonelle. His undersized linemates were getting mugged after the whistle and he just hung back and watched. Grow a pair.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:01 PM
RE-HABS

Trotter and Palushaj are getting schooled by a junior aged player who is smaller than both of them and a few years younger too in Gallagher.

Martin and Gauthier have to like what they see in the kids coming up. Palushaj and Trotter look like Hamilton material and will get a cup of coffee in the NHL oon call ups. Palushaj had his best game tonight, but he has to get that together game in and game out if he wants to make it full time.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:35 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
More than half of the Ottawa line up was AHL caliber too....

Spacek and possibly Woywitka will be in the line up on opening night. So that's 3 out of 6. Beaulieu could be still around too.

I was talking about all of our preseason games up to now. I also said SHOULD. If we weren't so weak on defense Spacek and Woywitka wouldn't even be considered.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:38 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Another bad outing from your boy Desimone WS

Old
09-24-2011, 11:41 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Another good showing from Dumont

Palushaj looked better but you can see he will never be the one carrying a line.

Beaulieu caused a goal once again, he's not ready yet, play him as much as you want, but please return him before he plays 10 games, he's not ready defensively nor physically.

Woywitka, m'eh and still you guys prefer him over Weber?

I didn't see Mitera much (haven't see the whole game yet will edit my post afterwards, i know he had 2 assists)

Plekanec is in pre-season shape, still can't believe Gionta gets called but not Carker who cross-checked him in the face right before.

Gionta... Bad penalty at the end of the game... he was trying but didn't stood out that much

Archambault showed us that he has tremenduous hands, he stood out with AHL players, if he get his head screwed on straight, we might have something with that kid

Spacek has a better pre-season so far than last year, he got circled around only once by filatov who is exhubing speed to quote EE

Gorges looked like his usual self, blocked a lot of shots, Solid in his own zone, he's not confident enough on the O to my taste

Trotter looked better but he was playing with NHLers, he's not fast enough to my liking for his size, I prefer Engqvist/Dumont/Blunden as 13th forward so far, him and Palushaj are my disapointments of the camp right now.

St-Denis looked solid, still a bit slow but he takes good safe decisions with the puck.

Desimone had an ordinary game once again, after looking good agaisnt the Stars, he has disappointed me in the last 2 games agaisnt Ottawa. Not worth a contract anymore.

Schultz had a better outing tonight, found massť in front of the net with a nice pass, I told you guys, this guy is not simply there for dropping 'em, he knows how to play hockey, he needs to really improve his skating though.

Massť will dominate this year.... in the ECHL.

Price looked good, nothing he could have done on the goals scored on him.. Unlike yesterday where he had a brain fart when he poke checked smith.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
My obervations:

Woywitka seems completely lost in general. I think he will be a solid #9 once he gets used to our system

Carey Price: looked quite good, the goals against him were more related to choppy defensive play. Not necessarily just defenceman, but team defence. To be expected with all these players who have barely played together.

Mark Mitera got two assists and was generally invisible, which is a good sign for a defensive defenceman.

Josh Gorges looks like he is more powerful than he has ever been. However, I do believe he has lost some straight line speed. He will be a mainstay on our PK all year.

Palushaj: in the 1st period I was ready to write him off to Hamilton. However, he really established a presence later on in the game and finished with two assists. He is not overly big, but he isnt weak either. His speed is sufficient for the NHL game and so is his vision. I think this guy is making a case to remain on the big club or at least play 20 games.

Gabe Dumont: Wow, this kid is going to be a GREAT bottom six player. He has hustle, intelligence and skill. I can see him getting 60 points this season in Hamilton! Maybe even a couple of call-ups. Chapeau Guy Boucher.

Dany Masse: This guy was a step behind on every single sequence. I feel bad for him however, because he has had injury problems. Career minor leaguer at this point.

Philip Lefevbre: He was better than Masse and will likely be a solid AHLer.

Archambault: The talent is definitely there and you could see he was pumped. I was surprised with his strength considering his size. However, his positioning leaves something to be desired. With good coaching and dedication he should be a solid 2nd liner.

Desimone: I like his hustle, his hockey IQ and his overall positioning. His skating is quite good in terms of speed, but his balance and stride are someone awkward. I think we should sign him. He was noticable in a good way.

Plekanec: seemed off tonight, not worried.

Cammalleri: Granted he was playing against weaker competition, but I think he is ready for this season. He wants to be a leading scorer in the league.

Beaulieu: One of the goals was directly his fault because he tried to skate through the neutral zone ala PK Subban; but he lost the puck and it went the other way for an odd man rush. This guy is a GEM. Skating stride is flawless and he has phenemonal hands and vision. He has size and he definitely has confidence. Monster season from him this year. Future top 3 defender in the NHL.

Spacek: I think he is going to have his best season as a Canadien. His footspeed is up as well. Finally, I think he should chip in 25-30 points this season. It appears his shot has improved from his awful low point shot that ALWAYS got blocked. Spacek has a guaranteed spot.

Moen: Seemed fine, but to be honest this guy could end up losing his spot by seasons end.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:53 PM
not quite yoda

Guys, if there is a time this season for our team to be losing games, now is the best time.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:53 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
My obervations:

Woywitka seems completely lost in general. I think he will be a solid #9 once he gets used to our system

Carey Price: looked quite good, the goals against him were more related to choppy defensive play. Not necessarily just defenceman, but team defence. To be expected with all these players who have barely played together.

Mark Mitera got two assists and was generally invisible, which is a good sign for a defensive defenceman.

Josh Gorges looks like he is more powerful than he has ever been. However, I do believe he has lost some straight line speed. He will be a mainstay on our PK all year.

Palushaj: in the 1st period I was ready to write him off to Hamilton. However, he really established a presence later on in the game and finished with two assists. He is not overly big, but he isnt weak either. His speed is sufficient for the NHL game and so is his vision. I think this guy is making a case to remain on the big club or at least play 20 games.

Gabe Dumont: Wow, this kid is going to be a GREAT bottom six player. He has hustle, intelligence and skill. I can see him getting 60 points this season in Hamilton! Maybe even a couple of call-ups. Chapeau Guy Boucher.

Dany Masse: This guy was a step behind on every single sequence. I feel bad for him however, because he has had injury problems. Career minor leaguer at this point.

Philip Lefevbre: He was better than Masse and will likely be a solid AHLer.

Archambault: The talent is definitely there and you could see he was pumped. I was surprised with his strength considering his size. However, his positioning leaves something to be desired. With good coaching and dedication he should be a solid 2nd liner.

Desimone: I like his hustle, his hockey IQ and his overall positioning. His skating is quite good in terms of speed, but his balance and stride are someone awkward. I think we should sign him. He was noticable in a good way.

Plekanec: seemed off tonight, not worried.

Cammalleri: Granted he was playing against weaker competition, but I think he is ready for this season. He wants to be a leading scorer in the league.

Beaulieu: One of the goals was directly his fault because he tried to skate through the neutral zone ala PK Subban; but he lost the puck and it went the other way for an odd man rush. This guy is a GEM. Skating stride is flawless and he has phenemonal hands and vision. He has size and he definitely has confidence. Monster season from him this year. Future top 3 defender in the NHL.

Spacek: I think he is going to have his best season as a Canadien. His footspeed is up as well. Finally, I think he should chip in 25-30 points this season. It appears his shot has improved from his awful low point shot that ALWAYS got blocked. Spacek has a guaranteed spot.

Moen: Seemed fine, but to be honest this guy could end up losing his spot by seasons end.
Are you talking top3 on the roster or top3 as Norris candidate? If it's the latter, prepare to be disapointed..

Old
09-24-2011, 11:57 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Not sure if anyone has posted yet..but this is tomorrow's lineup according to Renaud Lavoie..

Cole - Gomez - Gallagher
Avtsin - Engqvist - Kostitsyn
Palushaj - Archambault - Darche
Blunden - Willsie - Masse/Lefebvre

Yemelin - Weber
Gill - Beaulieu
Henry - Ellis

Budaj (60 Mins)
Mayer

Old
09-24-2011, 11:59 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Archambault looks to be a potential Gallagher type steal for Timmins and the Habs once again. The scouts and experts have all said the kid has the skills and talent, looks like he just hasn't put it all together yet in junior and from what I have read on the kid it could be because of his former team and coach. Going back to the Q he is going to a better team, and if the Flyers send Couturier back to junior they could be a 1-2 punch and dominant the Q.

Kid has a future if he can prove it was a coaching issue in junior, and not his issue.
There's no smoke without a fire as they say... I had good connections with the Foreurs and they told me he was thinking he was the ****, that he was better than the others and he didn't want to play the system as much as other forwards.

My connection with the voltigeurs told me he came with the same cocky attitude at their camp. He was recently drafted by the habs but whatever. I think Drummondville has a top organization for kids and their offensive system will help him thrive, they will also tone his character down but the rumors about his attitude were true from what I was told. He's not a bust yet though, and I think that with Ricard and co he'll be a better person/player after his junior stage.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 09-25-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old
09-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Nice to see Cams pot some.

Team did good, but it's pre-season.

On to tomorrow's game !

Old
09-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Andros777

Today's lineup looks pretty good. I hope Yemelin knows how much we hate the Bruins.

Old
09-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Not sure if anyone has posted yet..but this is tomorrow's lineup according to Renaud Lavoie..

Cole - Gomez - Gallagher
Avtsin - Engqvist - Kostitsyn
Palushaj - Archambault - Darche
Blunden - Willsie - Masse/Lefebvre

Yemelin - Weber
Gill - Beaulieu
Henry - Ellis

Budaj (60 Mins)
Mayer
These lineups are killing me. Can't wait for this stupid 4 game stretch to be over with and can't wait for the massive cuts tuesday.

Oh and if the injured players could come back before the pre season is done I would be very happy.

Old
09-25-2011, 12:47 AM
pachorella

ARCHAMBAULT i like what i saw,he's a 4th rounder from last june remember, he's a skilled player, looks like he has mental strength, he looks like a confident young player. Need to work on his acceleration and explosiveness. But looks like a good pick.

I feel like dumont has showed a lot in this training camp and he surprised the management team. He wasn't in the equation for the 13 th forward. It was Engqvist/Palushaj/ Blunden / Withe
Now u added to this equation that a kid like gallagher played great. So I feel some will be traded or kept in hamilton.
Personally, I feel JM prefers right now Engqvist, withe. He's also liking lately dumont.
People debating if Beaulieau is nhl ready. If he is , or he isn't, there' s defensemen ahead of him in the prospect chart, that should be given a chance before him like emylin, weber, diaz...so couple of years of junior + ahl won't hurt.

Closed Thread