HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First cuts

Old
09-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
A-Mart is capable of pk-ing imo

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Defgarden

Nice to see guys with my surname (Macias) getting tryouts and in professional level hockey.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 06:27 AM
blair7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Andrehoff made it past the first cuts. Good for him.
If and when he is cut do you think he'll be returned to junior or play in the 'A'?

blair7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 07:25 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair7 View Post
If and when he is cut do you think he'll be returned to junior or play in the 'A'?
I think at this point he has already at the very least earned an invite to Manchester's camp. He was impressive enough in the rookie camp games to warrant that and I think it'd be better for his development to play in the A rather than returning to juniors.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
True, if Johnson can continue to log heavy minutes like he did the other night (30 mins) and Martinez sees his ice time bumped up, it would cut down on the minutes Voinov would have to play to a more reasonable (14-16) a game and the Kings are actually looking pretty decent until Doughty signs.
I think Voinov would be allowed to play more minutes than that if Doughty hasn't come back and continues to impress. He has shown he can get it done so far, and with Mitchell on his side, now is his time to shine.

But I hope Doughty is back soon, and this is all for naught.

Kings4thecup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
I think at this point he has already at the very least earned an invite to Manchester's camp. He was impressive enough in the rookie camp games to warrant that and I think it'd be better for his development to play in the A rather than returning to juniors.
This

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 03:59 PM
blair7

Quote:
I didn't see him play in the rookie camp and I haven't seen him play in training camp or any exhibition games but I have watched him play in Oshawa the last few years. I'm not so sure playing in the AHL this year is the best thing for his development. He seems to be more of a long term project and maybe being a dominant offensive player this year in junior would be more beneficial to his long term development. Although, I am probably just biased because I really want to have him play for the Generals one more year.

blair7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 07:13 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair7 View Post
I didn't see him play in the rookie camp and I haven't seen him play in training camp or any exhibition games but I have watched him play in Oshawa the last few years. I'm not so sure playing in the AHL this year is the best thing for his development. He seems to be more of a long term project and maybe being a dominant offensive player this year in junior would be more beneficial to his long term development. Although, I am probably just biased because I really want to have him play for the Generals one more year.
I agree with you to an extent as he could really help the Generals but I think long-term he will never be a scorer at the NHL level if he makes it there. I see him project as a third line agitator. He doesn't need to bring scoring to his game to be effective, so I think he's best suited adapting to this role in the AHL this year instead of waiting until next year when Manch may end very cluttered with guys like Weal, Toffoli being added to the existing roster...

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote