HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your 2011-2012 Sens Lineup/Roster Thread Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

vCash: 500
Ye well I personally would leave Lehner in the AHL for now till he have nothing else to show... Then he could come on the big club and we could trade auld to make place for him. I don't wanna rush Lehner or any other prospect.

Old
09-25-2011, 01:04 PM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-12-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old
09-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail2012 View Post
Anderson single handedly got Colorado into the playoffs in 2009-10. It was all him, because that was a horrendous team he was on. On top of that, the Sharks expended way more energy than they were supposed to against the Avalanche in the first round of the playoffs, because they couldn't solve Anderson.

He was the best backup in the league in his days with the Panthers, which earned him the starting role in Colorado.

There are no questions surrounding Anderson IMO, and he is the reason I am worried about not finishing last overall. I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa finishes 9th in the East because of him. Anderson is that good.
This. Tought I doubt we will finish 9th in the East with Tuba but if we can get rid of him and we don't have a bunch of injuries hitting us we should be fine. IMO sens this years are underated and will be a surprise.

Old
09-25-2011, 01:32 PM
TSA0402

I was pissed for that exact reason when Ottawa acquired Anderson. We would have ended up in 2nd last and had Larsson/Landeskog, Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen among others.

He is good enough to get us out of the bottom five I do believe, if the team competes enough.

Old
09-25-2011, 01:38 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

we spend 20 years complaining we dont have a goalie, and now we finally have one and people are complaining that we didnt want one?

Old
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
That's because your lines are awfully spread. But you're right, the key to our offense is the health of our main forwards. However, we have some intriguing potential in Filatov, Butler, Regin and Da Costa. There's many others but that's for next year or beyond that, so I'm just talkin about those now.

If McLean puts the 3 vets (like your post suggests), he fails big time.

What I hope/would like :

Nikita Filatov ($2.195m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Peter Regin ($1.000m) / Stephane Da Costa ($1.325m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Nick Foligno ($1.200m) / Zack Smith ($0.700m) / Bobby Butler ($1.050m)
Colin Greening ($0.816m) / Jesse Winchester ($0.750m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
Zenon Konopka ($0.700m) / Erik Condra ($0.625m)

DEFENSEMEN
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Brian Lee ($0.875m)
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Erik Karlsson ($1.300m)
Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m) / David Rundblad ($1.500m)
Filip Kuba ($3.700m) / Matt Carkner ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.187m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

Switched Smith and Winchester. Smith has some finish and is more suited for the 3rd line duties.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:22 PM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-12-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old
09-25-2011, 02:25 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Filatov - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Da Costa - Alfredsson
Foligno - Regin - Condra
Greening - Z.Smith - Neil
Konopka, Winnie

Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Karlsson
Carkner

Anderson
Auld

I think the team will carry a full 23-man roster that will help them keep their assets while meeting the cap. Kuba has no market right now, and Murray may have better luck in February.

Rundblad starts the season in the AHL, while Z-Bad will go back to SEL. Depending on how long Winnie is out with the injury, in which case he is put on IR and a spot opens up, Zibanejad may receive 9 games depending on his performance in the remaining preseason games.

I don't see Ottawa landing Yakupov with this roster.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
we spend 20 years complaining we dont have a goalie, and now we finally have one and people are complaining that we didnt want one?
It's not the right time to acquire one. We're rebuilding and all Anderson will do for us is take us out of contention for a game-breaking talent like Yakupov, the type of talent needed to win Stanley Cups. There hasn't been a team in the past 10 years that finished 30th despite having a solid goalie between the pipes. Because of Anderson we will be getting Schenns instead of Tavares', Niederreiters instead of Halls and now Galchenyuks instead of Yakupovs. Besides by the time this team will be contending for a playoff spot, Lehner will be ready and Anderson will be redundant.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:53 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
It's not the right time to acquire one. We're rebuilding and all Anderson will do for us is take us out of contention for a game-breaking talent like Yakupov, the type of talent needed to win Stanley Cups. There hasn't been a team in the past 10 years that finished 30th despite having a solid goalie between the pipes. Because of Anderson we will be getting Schenns instead of Tavares', Niederreiters instead of Halls and now Galchenyuks instead of Yakupovs. Besides by the time this team will be contending for a playoff spot, Lehner will be ready and Anderson will be redundant.
Great post, but I think that next year's draft is very deep that even if we finish bottom 10 we will still have a franchise player/Top line

Yakupov
Galchenyuk
Grigorenko
Forsberg

All are in the same ball park. Combine that with the Murrays, Dumbas, Einharts, Eberts, going in between and we can still get a franchise forward.

What I am afraid of is us finishing OUTSIDE the top 10.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Sorry, but I'm going to disagree with that. I've always been okay with the tank, and will continue to do so if we completely suck again this year, but I do not want management to intentionally ice a roster that isn't the best that it is capable of being.

Rookies are much less likely to be afraid of playing their game if the goalie is capable of making a save, which can only help their development. Anderson is a good thing to have, not a bad one.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:08 PM
True Story

Old
09-25-2011, 03:09 PM
True Story

Old
09-25-2011, 03:12 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I'm still bitter with Anderson for how he quit on the Avs last year. He went from giving up on plays in Colorado, to playing out of this world with the Sens, and it's not like the Sens defense was a whole lot better.

I hope he can play like he did the first half of the year he was with the Avs, because he was great.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:18 PM
True Story

Old
09-25-2011, 03:21 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail2012 View Post
There was reason for that. I know what I heard, what did you hear? You would probably know more being in Colorado. Can you enlighten us? Would love to hear the whole story if you know it?
He was upset about his contract. The Avs offered him a 2 year deal at 3M per in the pre-season, and he didn't like it and turned it down, which is fine. The Avs then wanted to wait until after the season to negotiate, and he didn't like that.

The difference in his effort level in his play from his games with the Avs last year to his games with the Sens was remarkable.

I still think a 4 year deal with him was a little risky for the Sens.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:32 PM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-12-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old
09-25-2011, 03:38 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
Greening-Spezza-Butler

Greening was flying last night, really using his size and speed to drive the net and hunt down pucks. I really think that at this point he's a better fit for the 1st line. it pushes filatov(as good as he was playing) way down to the 4th, but i would use him on the pp and 4 on 4 every chance.
I didn't see that last night at all. I saw a forechecker who barely touched the puck last night and didn't create any offense for himself or his linemates. He doesn't look like he belongs on the 1st line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
I am not very good with the cap rules and numbers and all but if we "get rid" of Kuba won't we be below the cap floor and need to take on a contract to replace his?
We would be. Bonuses would be the only thing keeping us above and we'd fall below the moment that they weren't earned... which means that we'd likely end up below the cap floor and subject to league penalties by the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Really? Does Filip Kuba look good to you in pre-season? Does Mark Parrish look NHL ready to you? Or will this all change in the regular season?

I like Lehner as my starter then Anderson and I like his on ice presence, veteran or not, take away Anderson's 4 year deal and compare them on pre-seasn play alone and Lehner would gte the starting job.
Foligno and Filatov outscored the league's scoring leaders in preseason last year. Preseason doesn't mean a whole lot. Anderson is way ahead of Lehner right now because he's a much more proven pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
I think Anderson has to answer the same questions, to me Anderson hasn't proven anything to make me believe he's the hands down starter of tis team if anything he's gone from non-playoff team to non-playoff team and been unspectacular his entire career.
Lehner has a bright future ahead of him, but he just put up an .880 SV% while playing 8 of the most cherry-picked games in an attempt to shelter him. You think he went from 3rd stringer to #1 since then?

Old
09-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Great post, but I think that next year's draft is very deep that even if we finish bottom 10 we will still have a franchise player/Top line

Yakupov
Galchenyuk
Grigorenko
Forsberg

All are in the same ball park. Combine that with the Murrays, Dumbas, Einharts, Eberts, going in between and we can still get a franchise forward.

What I am afraid of is us finishing OUTSIDE the top 10.
We'll still find the future stud that no ones talking about yet.

We're a top end winger away from me thinking it's just a matter of time before we're pushing at contenders.

And regarding Butler, everyones all over him, this is a guy youre going to want to wait until season starts to evaluate. I'm not saying he's going to prove everyone wrong, but he's got Spezza's wing locked up and he knows it. He's not in a tryout.

Old
09-25-2011, 05:08 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
We have one for three years and this is a rebuild. No guarantee he is around when the young kids really start improving their game. As previous poster said, good goalie, bad timing. Lehner should be ready by then. If trade happened a year before, I would have been thrilled.

Garon could have provided stable goaltending this year without spectacular numbers.

Old
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM
eyeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
given that things will probably change, as of right now if we were to play a very important game tomorrow, from what i have seen so far (and especially last night) this is the lineup i believe would give us the very best chance of winning,

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Michalek-DaCosta-Alfredsson
Foligno-Regin-Neil
Filatov-Smith-Condra

Phillips-Lee
Cowen-Gonchar
Carkner-Karlsson

Greening was flying last night, really using his size and speed to drive the net and hunt down pucks. I really think that at this point he's a better fit for the 1st line. it pushes filatov(as good as he was playing) way down to the 4th, but i would use him on the pp and 4 on 4 every chance.
Are you drunk,which game were you watching.I think very highly of greening,he will make real NHL hockey player,however not a first liner and last night was his worst game I have ever seen him play in the NHL,and eyeno I have watched him more than you.Condra and Greening played good last spring and got some points etc.but if you play with a Jason Spezza you will get some points.But face it,not 1 or 2 line,not yet.With all the so called finesse young talent that is in camp and our 4 top six forwards I cant see it.Hope they prove me wrong.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Filatov is top 6 or nothing. CBJ tried pulling that same **** with him already, and look how that worked out. His skill set is that of a top 6 forward. If you don't give him that, he will never succeed.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Filatov is top 6 or nothing. CBJ tried pulling that same **** with him already, and look how that worked out. His skill set is that of a top 6 forward. If you don't give him that, he will never succeed.
This. Thankfully the lunatics don't run the asylum, as much as they would like to.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Agree, I really don't see what good Nikita Filatov on the 4th line would be, whether he's playing with Konopka, Smith, or Winchester.

What I've seen so far suggests he'll start the season in the top 6, but if that fails, either give up on him (which would be stupid), or put him in a top role in Bingo (if he accepted).

Closed Thread