HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Per Cooper, Fisher said he didn’t believe he would be ready for the Predators’ Oct. 7 season-opener

"Mike Fisher is making progress. He keeps getting more range of motion and strength in his surgically repaired shoulder each day. But on Friday, Fisher said he didn’t believe he would be ready for the Predators’ Oct. 7 season-opener at Columbus. We’ll see how it comes in the next few weeks,” Fisher said. “The start of the season is probably not possible, but who knows, you never know......”

Not news neccessarily, but first time I've heard Fisher himself say he's doubtful about playing the beginning of the season.
Damnit. Can't say I didn't see it coming though. If anything this should give Cal a legitimate shot at some top6 icetime.

As for those asking about Lombardi. Yes, he's skating at camp, but not cleared for contact. Still don't expect him to be able to play for few weeks at the very earliest. More realistically, he could return by December.

Old
09-24-2011, 03:35 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Damnit. Can't say I didn't see it coming though. If anything this should give Cal a legitimate shot at some top6 icetime.

As for those asking about Lombardi. Yes, he's skating at camp, but not cleared for contact. Still don't expect him to be able to play for few weeks at the very earliest. More realistically, he could return by December.
If he plays at all, I'll be pissed from a Preds point of view. It'd be awesome for him to be able to play again, but after hearing absolutely nothing on him down here, then to go up there and start skating, wtf?

However, as a noobie casual leaf observer, I'd be interested in what he can do.

Old
09-24-2011, 09:27 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Just look for the multiple, tiny mushroom clouds throughout the Middle Tennessee area caused by the exploding of heads. I can hear it now.

"Daddy...what're all those funny clouds?"

"Preds fans, son. Preds fans."

we need more laughter around here!

Old
09-24-2011, 09:32 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Oh boy, should be fun seeing everyone's reaction if Lombardi plays before Fisher
To me it's not as much which one plays first but which one plays the most games and how they perform.

Old
09-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
If he plays at all, I'll be pissed from a Preds point of view. It'd be awesome for him to be able to play again, but after hearing absolutely nothing on him down here, then to go up there and start skating, wtf?

However, as a noobie casual leaf observer, I'd be interested in what he can do.
I think we're getting to the point were people can start filling in the blanks about this "situation".

Old
09-24-2011, 12:11 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I think we're getting to the point were people can start filling in the blanks about this "situation".
Not sure what you're implying -- that he wanted out?? Fill in the blanks for me. Just because he's skating doesn't mean he's ready. I tend to take Poile's comments as truth. We were handcuffed and couldn't make decisions because of the uncertainty of his return, his effectiveness upon his return, and his durability if/when he returned to the lineup.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I don't think Lombardi was traded solely because we didn't know if he'd play, I think he was traded because it was 3.5 million tied up on a player that was very similar to Mike Fisher. The day we made that trade, Lombo was likely not long for the Nashville world.

It's just a shame that we couldn't have held out a bit longer to see if we could get Lombardi back into some games and restore some of his value...basically, find a way to trade him without having to "sell him" by including Franson.

Old
09-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Looking at who we have that can contribute at the NHL level now: (not good, but is ok in a pinch if we need them)

Horny-Fisher-SK
Erat-O'Reilly-Bergfors
Geoffrion-Legwand-Wilson
Spailing-Smithson-Tootoo
Stortini-Mueller-Halischuk
Beck-Smith-Borque

ROOM FOR INJURIES:6

Weber-Suter
Blum-Klein
Hillen-Ekholm
Laakso-Ellis
Josi-Sloan
Boullion

ROOM FOR INJURIES: 5

Rinne
Lindback

ROOM FOR INJURES: 0

Old
09-25-2011, 04:30 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I think Wilson is playing well enough to start on one of the top 2 lines

Old
09-25-2011, 09:00 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I think Wilson is playing well enough to start on one of the top 2 lines
i think he is playing well, and his games on the road i wish we could have seen. playing against an ahl team isn't indicitive of what we have. maybe washington brings a team like the one we shut out last week so we have a better test. i would think by late this week we will know what we have when we go to winnepeg and then home for carolina. should have a real good idea then how good a preseason he has had.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:15 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Burke and Wilson have said that Lombardi has been cleared for practice and may even appear in a pre-season game or two. So much for not playing this season. Who knows what the next hit will bring but he's apparently been flying in practice.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:22 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Burke and Wilson have said that Lombardi has been cleared for practice and may even appear in a pre-season game or two. So much for not playing this season. Who knows what the next hit will bring but he's apparently been flying in practice.
thats great news! If he plays 60 games we get a draft pick instead of having to give one

if you were hoping to induce hand wringing and remorse, sorry... as BTN said, the minute we acquired Fisher, Lombardi was 3.5 mil of redundancy

as for having to throw Franson in on the deal, just like when we traded Dunham the best part of the trade was that we cleared the way for Vokoun, I think there is a pretty good chance that whoever takes Fransons spot will end up being better than Cody was fairly soon....

Old
09-25-2011, 02:30 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

No handwringing... People were wondering it seemed from posts above

Old
09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
No handwringing... People were wondering it seemed from posts above
its all good, thanks for the update!

Old
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
He's been cleared for practice yet been flying in practice? If he was just cleared, he hasn't been in practice or am I missing something. Did you mean he's on his own sheet of ice practicing?

Old
09-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
He's been cleared for practice yet been flying in practice? If he was just cleared, he hasn't been in practice or am I missing something. Did you mean he's on his own sheet of ice practicing?
Cleared for play, hasn't played in a scrum, but has been skating. That's about all I know.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Cleared for contact and game play. He's already been skating without contact and I would assume it had been with other players. I guess it could have been on his own with coaches but that point is moot now.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:46 PM
predfan98

okay, more suspensions in the nhl. wiz from columbus..

when they say "repeat offender" are they just talking about suspensions? game misconducts don't come into play do they?

are there any players on the preds that have been suspended in the last couple of years? (if game misconducts don't count)

scotty nichol is the last I remember....

Old
09-26-2011, 08:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

when they say "repeat offender" are they just talking about suspensions? game misconducts don't come into play do they?

are there any players on the preds that have been suspended in the last couple of years? (if game misconducts don't count)

Tootoo would probably still be considered a repeat offender even though its been 3 or 4 years since he knocked robidas TFO.

Not sure what Stortinis rap sheet looks like.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

There isn't a simple answer to your question unfortunately... here's the CBA definition of repeat offender:

Quote:
(c) Status as a "first" or "repeat" offender shall be re-determined every
eighteen (18) months, on a rolling basis, i.e., where a Player does not have another suspension for eighteen (18) months, his next suspension will be treated as a "first" offense
However, any evidence can be used against a player to suspend him, regardless if they carry the repeat offender label. The main purpose of the repeat offender label is used for calculating lost salary. Players are no longer considered "repeat" after 18 months, but if a player commits the same infraction 1 week after they shed the label, they will definitely consider their previous infraction.

As for game misconducts, while it doesn't say they can or can't be used, it does say:
Quote:
In deciding on supplementary discipline, the following factors will be taken into account:
(e) Such other factors as may be appropriate in the circumstances
So essentially anything in the past can be used to suspend a player, including game misconducts.

Old
10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
predatorsfan2015

How are ticket sales looking for Opening Weekend?

Old
10-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Is Gilbert Brule a guy we would claim off waivers? I feel like we have enough fringe NHLers, but depth is always nice.

Old
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Is Gilbert Brule a guy we would claim off waivers? I feel like we have enough fringe NHLers, but depth is always nice.
I have a feeling he would be, but that doesn't mean we should. Viktor Tikhonov is interesting though.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I'd rather give guys in the organization the opportunity. After 37pts in 65games in 09-10 which isn't bad at all, his production took a nose dive to only 9pts in 41 games last season. He was also concussed last season and is working his way back to game shape. The kings didn't want any part of him after the oilers tried to trade him for Smyth. Good on faceoffs, career 52-54%. I'd only consider him if we were banged up, which we aren't so I'll no.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I'd rather give other guys an opportunity. After 37pts in 65games in 09-10 which isn't bad at all, his production took a nose dive to only 9pts in 41 games last season. He's was also concussed last season and is working his way back to game shape. The kings didn't want any part of him after the oilers tried to trade him for Smyth. Good on faceoffs, career 52-54%. I'd only consider him if we were banged up, which we aren't so I'll no.
I think we're too deep at center to take a risk on a guy with a $1.8 mil salary this year that would simply be a project. O'Reilly likely starts the year as our 4th line center (3rd scoring line) and I'm not sure that Brule would be a better fit for that spot than Cal already is...

Closed Thread