HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 10/14 Springfield Falcons @ Hartford Wolf Pack 7:05

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Taz

vCash: 500
Oh Man What The Hell Happened There?

Old
10-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Oh Man What The Hell Happened There?
gosh you guys have been great, but what HELL is this supposed to do for us? LOL

Old
10-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Levitate

DAMN

they scored but they say no goal.

i think they're washing out the goal because they think ecklund covered it. giroux rushed the net and started the chance, then immonen and someone else crashed in to try to start it. it was federov who came in and tried again

just called the play dead...looks like the puck was loose but i don't know if it ever went in

Old
Levitate

6 forwards out now with 1:06 left

Old
Taz

gIROUX NICE MOVE NEARLY GETS 5 HOLE THEN REBOUND OUT IMMONEN JAMS AT IT KNOCK DOWN KEEPER GETS GLOVE ON IT THEN FEDEROV CRASHES THE NET AND THE GOALIES HAND GOES IN BUT THE PLAY WAS CALLED.. DAMN!

Sorry bout the caps!

Old
10-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Levitate

icing on springfield with 43 seconds left

Old
10-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Taz

game over, nice play hartford shame they deserved the win there.

Old
10-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Levitate

game over, pack lose 2-1

sucks...overall the pack played better i think but they couldn't finish their chance

outshot the falcons 41-25

Old
10-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
gosh you guys have been great, but what HELL is this supposed to do for us? LOL

LOL sorry, it was a huge mess and the horn went off and i was like...

then they repayed it

Old
10-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
LOL sorry, it was a huge mess and the horn went off and i was like...

then they repayed it
i know, i was yanking your chains. thanks for the updates

Old
10-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Levitate

i'll throw up a quick summary...

Immonen: real visible in the first, less so in the second and third. was good at faceoffs and his passes are great...still looked like the most pro player out there for the most part

Dawes: he's always around the puck it seems and when he's not, he's in front of the net. had several good chances and was stoned a few times...if he finds his scoring touch at this level he's gonna score a lot cuz he keeps getting himself into position

Jessiman: mixed bag. he throws his body around but sometimes looks a little unsteady...kind of odd to see a guy that big who skates so well but can be somewhat unsteady. i think he just needs to grow into his body and that'll help a lot. also, displayed some nice hands at times but then would sometimes lose the puck for no reason. wicked shot though...best chance was that SH chance and he ripped it on goal but ecklund made a good save

Baranka: felt he was the best overall defenseman. yeah he might have screwed up on the first falcons goal to allow the breakaway, i'm not sure what happened, but overall played really solid at both ends of the ice. this guy looks good.

Lampman: pretty good, scored on a blast from the point. usual lampman stuff i guess. solid but not terribly noticeable all the time

Taylor: like i said...he looks like a pro now and not a guy just out of college. skating looks better this year and he was steady and reliable

Liffiton: not terribly noticeable but that's not a bad thing. seemed solid

Purinton: ehhh. wasn't *bad* but yeah his shots were weak and made some bad passes. i'm probably being harsh on him cuz he pissed me off with the rangers. solid game overall though

Rullier: solid. both sides of the ice, he was solid. can't say much more than that except he was probably the 2nd most visible defensman besides baranka

Giroux: tried to do a lot but couldn't get anything from it. would carry the puck a lot and then try to get a shot off...sometimes that created a good chance, sometimes he probably would have been better served to pass it off. good to see him working hard but he needs to use his linemates

Sparre: eh, was alright. nothing great out of him but he was pretty involved. maybe needs to be more aggressive in terms of getting to the net for shots, etc

Helminen: didn't do a lot but didn't do anything bad

Weller: active but didn't do anything on offense. missed the net several times i think

Graham: seemed like he was benched in the 2nd for some reason but did generate scoring chances throughout the game and looked pretty decent. awkward looking skater but moves pretty well. definatly looks skinny

Genoway: hard worker, but could probably benefit from being more aggressive going to the net. seems like a good all around player at least

Hollweg: well, usual hollweg. throwing checks and getting involved. wasn't too great with the puck tonight though

Federov: flashes here and there. he looks BIG out there...bigger than graham and jessiman really, because he looks thicker than either of them. he can also fly when he gets going. likes to fake and weave but sometimes seemed to fight the puck some. made some great plays at the end of the game to keep the puck in the zone. seems like floated at times a bit too though...definatly skilled, hard to tell what he can ultimately do with it

Holt: Solid for the most part. hard to know how much blame to give him for the 2 goals...the first one was a breakaway and he almost didn't look like he really reacted to the shot...just a quick one right by him. 2nd one, off his shoulder and in but he might have been screened by his own player. after that though, he was solid and often did a real good job with rebounds to prevent second chances. pretty good first pro game overall

coaching staff mixed up the lines a lot throughout the game, and overall the pack don't have a lot of chemistry yet, but they have offensive potential that you can see they just haven't figured out how to completely tap.

PK was good, killed off some big penalties including a long time of 5 on 3

PP tried to get shots from the point a lot of times but couldn't get a good rebound out of it, and sometimes had trouble really setting up

overall, not a bad game but the pack couldn't finish their chances and it cost them the game

Old
10-14-2005, 08:57 PM
DarthSather99

great job guys ....

Old
10-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Thank you very much Levitate !!!!!

Much appreciated. Sounds like they played well but just couldn't finish and had a little bad luck at the end.

At least Jessiman sounds like he was visible tonight. Good to hear.

Old
10-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Levitate

well i was kinda watching for jessiman too...i think he showed some flashes, but just needs more time and experience. we'll see how it goes

he was also cruising to the net for a rebound on that shot by lampman that went in...if it hadn't he would have been in prime position for a garbage goal

Old
10-15-2005, 12:57 AM
dukesnider

Who were the scratches? Big Mac should be playing over Purinton.

Old
10-15-2005, 02:23 AM
JCProdigy

Purinton playing over Pock...bleh. I know they want some vets in the lineup but....

Hey Lev and Taz: I'm guessing you guys have cable/dsl so how is the quality of the streaming video? Any skipping/studdering/pausing of the video going on? Can you see the player numbers well enough/follow the puck?

I read that the NHL is thinking about doing something similar to what MLB has done with MLB.tv, possibly as early as next season. Baseball translated great to streaming video on the internet so I was wondering if hockey is getting the same result.

Old
10-15-2005, 05:14 AM
Ola

Thanks for the update guys. I got to see the first 10 minutes then my internet went down...

Well atleast I got some sleep.

Old
10-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Taz

Yeah i got a 2mb line, it streams at over a 1865kb/s a second and u need at least 300kb/ sec so it was real smooth pretty good quality, but as Lev said it was the jumbotron screen so annoying adverts popped up and shots of the crowd sometimes. I got no pausing and u can see the numbers etc. quite a sharp picture actually.

On Federov i noticed he does try to do alot of fancy stuff sometimes didnt quite come off for him though this game, he was big and skated well, uses his body extremely well to ward off defenders, one instance he sheided thepuck along the boards got his butt out and a guy skated into the back of him and went down. He also was more physical then i thought he'd be... a REAL bone crushing hit behind their goal, i thought it was a GIANT HOLLWEG. Again dissapointed we lost i thought we controlled the last 2 periods (didnt see the first) out shot them, they didnt even really throw any hits at all.

Old
10-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Yeah i got a 2mb line, it streams at over a 1865kb/s a second and u need at least 300kb/ sec so it was real smooth pretty good quality, but as Lev said it was the jumbotron screen so annoying adverts popped up and shots of the crowd sometimes. I got no pausing and u can see the numbers etc. quite a sharp picture actually.
The jumbotron screen explains a few stuff. They have to do something about thoose Power Play commercials.

5 seconds after they drop the puck on a PP there is a sign like "this PP is presented by xxx" and you miss about 10 seconds of the PP...

Otherwise I think the feed is OK. You can see what goes on on the ice without a problem.

Old
10-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Fletch

Maybe Pock...

just ain't cutting it. I don't know...

Old
10-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
just ain't cutting it. I don't know...
Honestly I am not suprised. I think allot of fans got hanged up on his breakaway passes in NY. He didn't play that well besides thoose two passes and a odd good defensive play. He got some tools, good vision, can carry the puck and have the right attitude on defense. But overall he aren't that good.

He made bad decisions several times when he moved the puck in NY and that continued in the first game in the AHL.

I posted this on Pck after his first game in NY:
Quote:
Though something he needs to work on is his outlet passing game. Thoose homerun passes where great and showed tremendous instincts if anything. But the tempo of the game in the NHL is really high and it showed that Pck played allot in the ECHL last year. Pck didn't really have that "feeling" how to set up the simple transition plays. He hanged on to the puck a little bit to long at times or passed players a little bit to early, the timming wasn't really there. And I didn't got the feeling that its was nerves/preseason types of plays. Its something that will come with time, though its quit the science and a really imporant part of a defenders game.
Its in these areas that I think Lampman always stands out with a great feeling for the game. I think he showed that in NY against Wasington too but he didn't get much credit for it. Just little mini moves like sometimes holding on to the puck and sometimes rusing a pass and who to make that first outlet pass to and when ect. The pass itself is really easy and I guess thats why not many think about it or notice it.

It takes great understanding of the game for a defender to master it on the ice and that is something that only can come with time. At the same time it is in this area that Marc Staal impressed me the most...

Old
10-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Levitate

i think it's more that there are too many guys down in hartford and they're trying different combinations to see what works.

Closed Thread