HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers make roster cuts

Old
09-25-2011, 07:02 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
so disappointed Vtank didn't show more. And then got cut. Over freakin' Stu Bickel.
Vtank was another hyped prospect in the system. Let the process play out and see who are the best players

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:23 AM
richardsequalscup*

Hate to say it but one of the reasons Valentenko was rated so high is because there are a ton of Russian, Rangers fans in NY and NJ. Russian prospects in our system seem to get rated way too high on this board and a few others. Pashnin is another prospect that is completely over hyped by a lot of our fans.

Rangers are shying away from drafting Russian players. They have drafted only 2 in the last 4 years. Grachev is no longer with the team by his own request.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsequalscup View Post
Hate to say it but one of the reasons Valentenko was rated so high is because there are a ton of Russian, Rangers fans in NY and NJ. Russian prospects in our system seem to get rated way too high on this board and a few others. Pashnin is another prospect that is completely over hyped by a lot of our fans.

Rangers are shying away from drafting Russian players. They have drafted only 2 in the last 4 years. Grachev is no longer with the team by his own request.
Yeah I really doubt the nationality of the posters is a reason. I was high on Valenteko. Adam Graves raved about him too... I'm high on Kreider and McColgan too, but not because they're American..

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Vitto79

Quote:

it may be unfair but it seems to me that teams shy away from Russians because of their potential to bolt to the KHL for money or as of late not being able to win the big game/being lazy.......Semin for example, awesome but looked at negatively sometimes

Arty is the exception on the Rangers

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 10:12 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Bickel over Kundratek and Valentenko is surprising, even when both had a bad camp. Also they'll take 3 goalies to Europe, right? Stajcer there would certainly be a surprise as well.
I'm pulling for Bickel, and Hagelin, who I think has made it.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 10:31 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Actually, I think the anti-Russian contingent on these boards is much larger and more vocal than the pro-Russian contingent.

The funny thing is, in the case of V-Tank and Pashnin, I actually think that they endear themselves more to the fans who are typically anti-Russian. People like them because of the physical element that they bring.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Osminator

JimCerny Jim Cerny
well, we know already...cuts yesterday...and 2 more cuts tomorrow RT @FHCDanne: @JimCerny When will we know wich players going to Europe?

JimCerny Jim Cerny
Torts says that two more forwards will be cut after tomorrow's game, so 19 F, 10 D (not Staal), 3 G will travel to Europe for #NYR
1 hour ago

Soooo... who guesses the 2 final cuts at forward correctly???
I say Eric Christensen and Andreas Thuresson... based on the fact that former had a not-so-good camp (according to Torts) and was invisible in the games, the latter because we haven't really heard anything about him... not a good sign this time of the year

Last edited by Osminator: 09-25-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 02:40 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

I'd be surprised if EC is among the next 2 gone. Thuresson & Weise.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 02:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
JimCerny Jim Cerny
well, we know already...cuts yesterday...and 2 more cuts tomorrow RT @FHCDanne: @JimCerny When will we know wich players going to Europe?

JimCerny Jim Cerny
Torts says that two more forwards will be cut after tomorrow's game, so 19 F, 10 D (not Staal), 3 G will travel to Europe for #NYR
1 hour ago

Soooo... who guesses the 2 final cuts at forward correctly???
I say Eric Christensen and Andreas Thuresson... based on the fact that former had a not-so-good camp (according to Torts) and was invisible in the games, the latter because we haven't really heard anything about him... not a good sign this time of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I dunno. I have a feeling that Thuresson gets to go because he's Swedish. 19 forwards means you're already taking 5-7 guys who won't be on the team. You probably know who the top 15 or 16 are already - why not give the 19th spot to a kid so he can go play in front of friends and family at home?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
In his most recent blog entry, Andrew Gross says:

"Two more forwards will be trimmed from the roster following tomorrow’s game. That makes the final count going to Europe 19 forwards, 10 defensemen and three goalies. Andreas Thuresson and Andre Deveaux are the likely candidates since Tortorella said it would come from tomorrow’s game group."

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Given that Christensen can play all three forward positions (and is generally not horrible on draws) and his shoot-out record, he will be on the bubble all season. If he's cut before the season starts, it will probably be the last cut.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote